Cleric Errant : OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Cleric Errant : OOC

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As there has been some interest and activity in this new Role Play This thread is started to handle Meta play concerns.

As in all Free Form, each in part is DM and each also a player, no one is the DM that decides all.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Re: Cleric Errant : OOC

Post by Grahl »

No evil characters, huh? Hmmm... this will take some thinking, evil characters is just kinda, my thing, so coming up with good sorts isn't as easy for me.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Oh you can bring an Evil character, just might become target of the Hunt *G* There are no restrictions in Free form, just risks of fitting in well.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Okay, just so I know, aside from the human, goblins, and my Tirbana of course, is there any other characters present who are not pure elf or Drow? As in any half-elf or half-drow, or other race susceptible to sleep effects?

Also, how it is that S'rikik recognizes Drow is from previous encounters with them. You see, Tirbana and surface elves normally don't get along. Most surface elves consider Tribana to be vermin and pests to be exterminated as such. Tirbana generally hate surface elves due to their immunity to sleep effects, which is one of the primary defense for Tirbana Spawners. Since the Spawners are effectively the hive queens of each colony, this makes surface elves a dangerous enemy.

In S'rikik's case, she's learned a great deal about Drow in the simple belief of "My enemy's enemy, is my friend."

Lastly there is the presence of an intensely evil spell effect around her, but she herself is not evil. In fact is a Lawful Neutral. How this works, is that a Tirbana Spawner's life span is pretty short, once they reproduce once, they die. S'rikik has made a deal with Baalzebul, granting her an indefinite extension on natural life span, in exchange she donates all the 'refuse and garbage' she acquires on her adventures to his cults. Bearing in mind, gold, gems,and other such things that other races consider valuable, Tirbana consider worthless. Basically if it can't be eaten or used to protect the hive, it holds little to no value to them. This spell does not protect from any means of dying other than the usual extremely short natural lifespan of her race.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well this is starting to fall apart.

Ogrim/Irae'xyra On the local scene right now are only five living. The Two Drow, the female human, the captive goblin and S'rikik.

S'rikik as for other creatures about the area, there are Orcs to the Northeast, mostly human hamlet to the East. Underground Down are about 400 goblins, however too far away to be a consideration for now.

As I score the locations right not, not counting Irae's last post that makes no sense.

Amil doing a performance, retreated as if goblins attacked by humans to the goblin band camp site, other then Amil all that is here is a torch and camp fire and nine headless goblins. Amil has hoped to draw S'rikik passed Irae and I think that did succeed or right now in tunnel waiting to be attacked by Irae. S'rikik clearly detects as Evil.

As to S'rikik knowing there are Drow involved, I still have that question. None have been seen by S'rikik, a keen hearing might have heard whispered words, though that hearing needs to be very keen. I did also allow for scent as a possible way, however nothing IC (In Character) indicated the ability exists or used.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

My apologies then, I may have misread, or misunderstood some previous posts. I am more than willing to adjust my last post, if that will help, though I supect Irae may need to do the same with their last post as well.
Although, if Irae is hiding only in shadows to ambush S'rikik and not behind something more substantial to block line-of-sight, then the All-Around Vision and Darkvision abilities of a Tirbana Spawner, is how that detection would work out. Sneak-attacks on these bugs aren't easy to pull off, it almost requires magical concealment, short of very high scores in the various stealth related skills, or lots of places to stay out of line-of-sight.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Ogrim, I can be part of the problem as well. Sometimes what I think ends up being posted in too few words. The joke at times I used is , you should have replied to what I planed to type, not what was typed. I also blame the keyboard for misbehaving - again.

What however is clear, the three players right now see the encounter in very different ways. It is rather hard to maintain a coherent play if players see the scene from very different perspectives.

I will grant once all seeing was activated you likely could see the human, goblin and Irae depending on where you were in the tunnel when activated. We so far know little about the tunnel except it is twisted, has pockets on the sides ofit. Likely an old lava tube where softer rock melted.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Not so much a matter of an ability that needs activation, as it is an ability that's always active, as part of having compound eyes. But, I get your point as well.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Nods* In part because of what a Tirbana Spawner and innate abilities are not well defined in the IC posts, and web search for such mostly point to a book I do not own.

I know what I planned in the start of the encounter, the female decided to hide and left the bard to come up with a plan. He used a few short words on what he planned, however she clearly might have, thought an ambush was planned.

What I thought was understood was getting human out after S'rikik was drawn past her. Clearly her casting a spell to detect Evil is not hiding until you went past her. Also not sure where those other goblins came from unless the bard clearly made his preform check.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

[url=viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4337:1st0u2xp]This[/url:1st0u2xp] should help clear up some of that confusion.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*nods* You posted that while I was composing my last post in this thread.

While I am sure Irae's last post needs to be changed, S'rikik only change that stood out was believe goblins were charging deeper in when my intent was to convey that the humans were pushing them back. The acted goblins would have been hoping for an attack from the rear by the friend of goblin. Again it might have been how well I typed my actions.

As to the twisted tunnel I pictured it as line of sight not more then 15 or 20 feet (sometimes less ). This of course would not prevent S'rikik from seeing Irae hiding, if spot check made, when passing by her, the human and the goblin.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Post by Irae'xyra Hun'und »

Yeah, I misread something somewhere. I was indeed under the impression, somehow that more Goblins were coming into the cave.

Before I repost, about where is Ogrim's character in relation to Irae?
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Well, if I'm gauging my intended position, S'rikik has pretty much walked into range for an ambush. Having a Displacement spell-effect in place, however, there's a 50/50 chance of hit or miss. It's basically an illusion type of magic that makes a person appear to be a short distance away from where they actually are, like within as much as a few steps distance. Still, this is just enough of a misleading illusion for a person to go flailing weapons at something that's not there, looking a bit foolish, and set them up for an attack from an unexpected direction.

This is why Displacer Beasts are such a pain to kill, they use an ability that does the same thing. That on top of the part that S'rikik's dark-vision and all-around vision , has allowed her to see a human, drow, and goblin hiding in little more than the shadows, is why she's mocking the attempt at ambush.

((A little piece of info that's not known by anyone in the RP yet, but I'll share in OOC context. She's no friend of goblins. In fact, she'd just as soon had caught as many as possible alive, used her 'Sleep Drone' ability, and then used the tribe as a nest. That's right, just like those Xenomorphs in the Alien movies, Tirbana Spawners lay their eggs in live hosts. Nasty, but it's a big humanoid cockroach, and a fine way to make new life out of many deaths.))
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Post by Irae'xyra Hun'und »

Sorry for the delay.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Irae'xyra Hun'und":3fe93k5q]Sorry for the delay.[/quote:3fe93k5q]

Well it would be nice for a post every hour, however I as do others do understand at times a week is required before a reply is made. As much as I dislike it, RL is more important then RP.

That is, do not consider your few days missing a concern at all :)