Adult Roleplaying Forum?

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Adult Roleplaying Forum?

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

In the [url=viewtopic.php?t=363:1otsl1zn]poll for new comic value thread[/url:1otsl1zn] the question has come up regarding potentially adding an adult roleplaying forum. In this forum people would be free to roleplay things involving nudity, sexuality, adult situations, etc.

I’ve been thinking about that.

I can set up a forum like that. The easiest thing for me to do would be to make an ‘adult’ usergroup that people can request to join (using the [url=groupcp.php:1otsl1zn][img:1otsl1zn]templates/drowMoon/images/k_groups_0.gif[/img:1otsl1zn][/url:1otsl1zn] button above). Whomever is responsible for accepting/rejecting people into the group (I was thinking of letting Nedylene be group moderator if she’s willing) will then have to make certain to check age and such.

With such a group I can then setup an adult roleplaying forum that only this group can see and post in (as I’ve done similarly with the temple forums, some of the server forums and the members forums).

It’ll cause a bit of a hassle for people in that they first have to request to join this group and then wait until the moderator gets around to accepting them (or not) and of course the age verification is anything but foolproof. But it’d be the easiest method (as I wouldn’t have to change the forum code, except maybe do something to show a user’s age as I’m not sure if that’s visible to non-admins) and probably effective enough.

Of course the question is whether it’s even a good idea to add a forum like that, so I’d like to hear your thought; both on the approach I suggest above and the forum itself. Let me know what you think.

Love x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

well..I thought it would be interesting and not just for 'sexy' stuff..it might make a good forum for people to make roleplaying threads that are more violent than I would be comfortable with in the main forum...I tend to veer away from such fun stuff as routine decapitation, the wonderous powers of the vorpal sword and maiden sacrifice in the main threads.. :))
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Age verification will be the big problem.

A person can claim to be younger or older by entering any birthdate.

Usenet providers required a valid credit card number as proof of being 18, however even this is not fool proof. Some parents give their children a personal credit card at a younger age. Also a child can sometimes use a parent (or another adut's) credit card and not be caught.

As far as a more graphic forum, I still am not convinced it would be a good idea in part because of age problem.
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

Well, I joined, so if you want to keep it great ^_^ I really like the idea, and yes, I know that kids can just lie about their age, but that goes for every site that requires you to be 18 or older =/

Virgin sacrifices, eh? Sounds like fun :D
Synthro
Maid
Maid

Post by Synthro »

I like this idea, considering my characters lifestyle is one of an erotic dancer.

:)
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Well I promise not to barge in. I'll just send Stan to spy...
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Hmm. I'm not so sure. I mean, if people really wanted to role play 'intimate moments' they could do so via PMs or some other medium such as MSN, ICQ, etc.

Now, I'm not saying any of our memebers are sex-crazed deviants (ok, so maybe a few are..) but having such a forum runs the risk of it becoming nothing more than a smut forum. I don't [i:2uorqb5m]really[/i:2uorqb5m] see this happening, though. I think most of us here are mature enough to understand that particularly graphic details would still be best left to private means.

And like Bhaern said, age verification on the internet is rather hit and miss. I suppose, it could be given a trial.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

valid points all..like i said in my posts im keeping anything naughty in pm..so the only folks to risk trouble are those directly involved..
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

[quote="Nedylene":2yrpt5g1]valid points all..like i said in my posts im keeping anything naughty in pm..so the only folks to risk trouble are those directly involved..[/quote:2yrpt5g1]

Yes, I think this is the best solution. Essentially, anything of an intimate nature that could get you arrested, or you'd be embarrased to do in public, in real life, stays in PM.

Giving a somewhat more detailed description of the character than you'd normally give, from a physical and psychological standpoint, should be fine in public.

That's my opinion.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Synthro
Maid
Maid

Post by Synthro »

That would be fine as well, seeing as my character dances pretty much nude.
Zareari Det'tar
Maid
Maid

Post by Zareari Det'tar »

I must agree.
There's just no point. Age can be lied about, and concerning the graphical details...If someone can't deal with it, then they should just avoid it.

If someone get's over line...Then just move him...

Although I think you should keep the "sacrificing virgins" part away from Rooky...She gets hungry then...
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

~Shops for dresses~ Hm? <.< >.>
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Ok, so to be clear… the consensus is to [i:2l076ub0]not[/i:2l076ub0] create a specific forum for it and just keep adult situations (including themes of virgin sacrifices and such) in private?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Yes, i think this will work will .It will also help me keep from having characters all over the bar that I reply too, and I wont have to make subthreads.As I am hoping you guys have noticed, although I am hoping to branch this out into a very social bar, this is also a forum where I plan for people to come in and just have fun. I am hoping eventually to set it up where you can come in and play games and such.What I amy end up doing is putting a link in the forum to an offsite page where people can play chess and things like that with each other..sound good to you guys?
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:134bh35l]Yup. and in case you're wondering why I, a minor, am posting, I will be 18 in about 2 months (YEEEAAAAHHHHHHOOOOO!!!!)[/color:134bh35l]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination