New character on the drawing board...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Millek
Maid
Maid

New character on the drawing board...

Post by Millek »

Hi again folks, since most of the RPs I've had Sariss in have been slow, or even dropping into complete inactivity, and I want to get back in the saddle, I've been pondering making up an alternate character. Last night it occurred to me, as I sat playing Skyrim, while I wouldn't be particularly upset with forgoing the more prestigious features of a character in the game (such as being what the Nords keep calling Dragonborn, or possessing artifacts like Krosis's mask), I got to thinking, Aylstra has his bardic Dark Elf, Lothir, from the same realm. Why not convert my Khajit, Rahj?

As the character is in the game so far, accepted the beast blood from joining the Companions, and then joined Dark Brotherhood. In a D&D/FR setting, his combat and crafting training would befit a ranger at best. In Skyrim, I've built him with a strong mix of Thief and Warrior skill trees, and a little practice with Restoration magic. Yes, yes, I know, very funny, a cat that turns into a werewolf.

If this sounds like a character that will convert well, and would be enjoyed in a FR setting, let me know. If not, let me know that too. I already have a plan on HOW to get a Khajit from Skyrim to Faerun, it involves hunting someone down, and resorting to turning to the Daedra Lord, Hircine, for help finding the prey.
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: New character on the drawing board...

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Blink* My head hurts, "beast blood" ?

In grand scheme of things, any can convert to the dance, just some harder to reach that point.

If you meant rules conversion is many ways not required, however the more strange rule set used the lower chance of good interaction.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Oh, pardon me, getting all in-game lingo going. Beast blood, is how it's referred to in the Skyrim game. It's basically just lycanthropy by a different name that can be more easily dismissed as talking about something else if the wrong parties overhear something about it.
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Oh I would see many of Were joining the dance of the Dark Maiden *G*
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Heheh, can the Dark Maiden's priestesses deal with listening to a cat refer to himself in third person, constantly?

Example:
"Greetings, Rahj welcomes the gray-skins to his camp. He would break bread with them, share his fire, and if you have the coin, Rahj has goods he will sell."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Millek":38ho3dvp]Heheh, can the Dark Maiden's priestesses deal with listening to a cat refer to himself in third person, constantly?

Example:
"Greetings, Rahj welcomes the gray-skins to his camp. He would break bread with them, share his fire, and if you have the coin, Rahj has goods he will sell."[/quote:38ho3dvp]

It depends on the Chosen, no set rule except strangers are you friends - unless of course Evil.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Actually, Millek, I'm a she/her, and Lothir is not from Tamriel, but from my own HB world called Asharra. He is from a kingdom named Argonia (if that is what had you confused), but it's not the same one from Elder Scrolls, it's a group of drow-ruled pirate islands in the eastern sea of my setting. However, I DO play using him (sort of) in Elder Scrolls. And I say- sure, bring on the khajit!! I LOVE catfolk! We've never had one here before, AFAIK, so it might be fun. Faerun already has wemics and some sort of catfolk anyway, so he'd not be TOO out of place. And if you want to make it more interesting, you could always swap the werewolf for werecat of some "stripe", so he could go "full feline" mode. At least you'd avoid jokes about cats turning into dogs that way...

And on a related note- you have Krosos' mask too? Cool. I have that one, and Vokun's mask, as well. But then, I'm around lvl 37, and am running into Elder Dragons (Eep!), higher forms of deadra, and bandits with GLASS armor or weapons- and magical glass at that! (What are these bandits doing, and where are they getting this stuff?! Are they robbing the merchant shops when the guards aren't looking?!)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Hmmm... I've noticed, bandit gear tends to change depending on character level. I recently had some Argonian bandit try to hold me up, dual wielding orcish daggers, and wearing elven armor. Anyhow, I apologize for the confusion on my part, and hmm... I HAVE run across stuff in Skyrim, books of little actual value, mentioning rumors and studies of the existence of werebears, and werevultures in Tamriel. Why not? Perhaps even Hircine would find the notion of a feline turning into a canine odd enough to create the new strain before sending Rahj off into another realm.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

No worries, that's why I use the female name for my user name- Alystra (it's misspelled in my profile- OOPS!) is another character of mine, a half-drow bard/blade dnacer, also of Eilistraee. But Lothir is my fave PC, as he's one of the most fun to play. I'd have to say my second fave is Beznik Bogglewart, my gnome pyromancer/master alchemist, who is both a surly old coot and VERY clumsy. And did I mention he's a pyromaniac? He's like a walking disaster waiting to happen.... Never get into a bar brawl when there's a fire-obsessed clutz of an alchemist in the room. He's already blown up his own shop twice, and taverns in at least three towns..... Ah, the ideas one comes up with at three AM when one is bored at work. :eek: :roll: :p :devil:
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

So now I just wonder, is there a good RP thread into which i can cast this character for introduction, or should I start one myself? The reason I ask, is I'm not very fond of, or confident at, the role of a DM. Thus I prefer to either have someone else lead the story, or just let the story develop as it will. Easier for me to enter into active threads, than start and lead one of my own.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

You can try the inn where Alystra posted to train out his habits. The rest are far from active threads.