OOC: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

OOC: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( sorry i got a bit ahead of things there bin a bit preoccupied, I will wait to post until every one gets ahead a bit ))

Moderator comment: Split post off the RP because was only OOC, and placed here to be available should there need to be other OOC only posts made.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: OOC: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I think I don't have much to post now until they won't finish. And I really do not want to describe the whole process of bathing. Feel free to post dialogues if someone is still discussing something. I will catch up.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I know that both G and E have no chance of winning, but it is so fun and excititing just thinking about this situation!
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Well, I do have one curiosity, how and why is this temple located in Undermountain. Bearing well in mind, The Mad Wizard, Halaster, rules Undermountain, and he has an absolute hatred for Drow, regardless of their religion, only just barely tolerant of those who worship Eilistraee, as they are less of a nuisance to him. Seeing as there is some notions that Halaster's power might very well rival that of Elminster, I have a hard time thinking such a temple was established without considerable bribery, or a collection of Drow being added to his collection of 'pets' for adventurers who dare challenge the perils of Undermountain, to fight against. And since that crazy wizard seems to always keep a few Geas spells prepared, any collected pets will either play their part willingly, or because they simply have no choice in the matter.

Of course I realize it's a bit late to bring this up, since the RP is so far along already, but I'm just curious if anyone thought about the Halaster factor, when poking around Undermountain, since it is his creation.
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

It is canon, and Halaster does not and never fully controled under mountain, he only has twisted parts of it. He does not control Skull Port either.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Guess I was somewhat misinformed? :? Oh well, no harm done, and my misinformation has been clarified. Now to the big question at hand. Is it too late for a lizard to get involved in this? And if not? Should it be during his time as one of Halaster's less than willing minions or sometime after the mad wizard stuck said lizard in Underdark, and he had since escaped to the surface? Earlier timeline deals with a Sariss who still lives entirely by wits and and hunting prowess, latter timeline introduces a point in which he's begun harnessing his half-draconic heritage, having grown wings (that as yet can only be used for gliding, and assisting in jumping), and acquired his ranger's animal companion. Likely a python, or something of that sort (a fellow reptile).
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Millek":1zttb4yy]Guess I was somewhat misinformed? :? Oh well, no harm done, and my misinformation has been clarified. Now to the big question at hand. Is it too late for a lizard to get involved in this? And if not? Should it be during his time as one of Halaster's less than willing minions or sometime after the mad wizard stuck said lizard in Underdark, and he had since escaped to the surface? Earlier timeline deals with a Sariss who still lives entirely by wits and and hunting prowess, latter timeline introduces a point in which he's begun harnessing his half-draconic heritage, having grown wings (that as yet can only be used for gliding, and assisting in jumping), and acquired his ranger's animal companion. Likely a python, or something of that sort (a fellow reptile).[/quote:1zttb4yy]

It is never too late to join, just enter play by travel though the underdark and finding the Promenade.
What your character concept is just describe it. Likely should be after Halaster has discarded and no longer interested in results of minion actions.
Of course how you seek to enter, while strangers are your friends, the blade is quick to kill a foe.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Most details of Sariss in times after his first passage through Underdark remain as they were with his intro, about 3'5" lizardfolk with a well the same coloration and patterns as seen in my avatar picture. These are, the neutral colors. Being a Poison Dusk lizard, has many benefits, including a generous bonus to his hide skill so long as he wears neither armor nor clothes. Combined with being a Viletooth Lizardfolk, and his Hold Breath ability is replaced with Water Breathing. He's also gone to Multiclassing as Rogue and Ranger, not much of a city rogue, but strong in skills that make for a good hunter. Languages include Common, Draconic, Aquan, Goblin, and Sylvan. He's taken a python for animal companion, and begun harnessing some of his draconic heritage with feats that have given him wings, so far only capable of assisting in jumping, and gliding. Not the most intimidating opponent, but with a high dex score, a good archer, the scimitar may see occasional uses, and in a pinch, he's known to fight with claws and teeth too. Still, he's often been more than capable of dispersing most enemies that were expecting easier prey.

When not in danger however, one should not be surprised to see him dabbling in the art of crafting poisons, particularly endeavoring to create toxins that may give him an edge against spell-casters. And since I have seen it occur in the RPs on here, I won't say romance is impossible here, but I somewhat doubt it happening in this thread. He shares the disdain of all 'warmblood' races his own tribe does, and also holds a grudge against The Blackscale and Dark Sun tribes for his exile. Still, he'll cooperate with most anyone who can ensure him profit, and as long as it doesn't violate his own notions of honor.

Oh yes, the bonus to his hide skill, being contingent on lack of armor/clothes, it comes from a racial ability to change the coloration of his scales, to blend in with his surroundings. And since his body heat is usually that of his surroundings, in a poorly lit Underdark tunnel, a Drow patrol could walk right past him, and not know it.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Dunno if that entry post was much help to get me involved, but caution and stealth is true to character. Being not much taller than the tallest of halflings, vulnerable to temperature extremes, and far from the environments he's best suited to (primarily jungles or rainforests), Sariss is in a place where he can't afford to be reckless or bold.

I know I may not have provided much to use, but I'm quite open to the lizard being detected either via magic or psionics. I'm pretty sure magic can pick out the diluted black dragon blood, and psionics of sufficient prowess might be able to pick out any number of the lizard's prominent thoughts, such as plotting to kill a certain human wizard using the help of Drow, whether it be through a temporary alliance, or tricking both into a conflict.

If anyone wants to know alignment... Sariss is a Chaotic Neutral sort. A survivor with few loyalties, and fewer allies that would likely help him without expecting compensation.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Seems I'm posting a lot here, with very little response... is anyone even paying any attention to this thread, anyway? Or am I just shouting into the wind? this isn't my plot folks, so hopefully someone is going to post some sort of response to my posts, in the RP thread, before I run out of material to get involved with. Saris is designed for jungles, not caves, he's at somewhat of a disadvantage because of this, but also a highly skilled ambush hunter. He rarely resorts to a straightforward fight, if he can bring down his opponents with a trap, or sneak attack. Detecting him in a cave, I admit, is a lot more tricky than detecting most humanoid races, because as a reptile his body heat tends to be that of his surroundings, making him appear in Drow darkvision as part of the underground landscape. Scent, sound, or actually using lights are the only remaining mundane means of detection (with the exception of creatures with some form of blind-sight).

Still, give me something to work with, please. Even if the trap is discovered, disarmed, and all the patrols go on alert, looking for whoever set the trap. Traps are a pretty common tactic for goblins and kobolds too, which are more common in the underground, so either way they'd be looking for a small creature, possibly still in the area. Sneaking gets difficult for all parties, when lights begin shining.

editing a few days later: Sorry for getting a bit dramatic there, just majorly bored, and wanting to be involved.