The Lizard rider OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

The Lizard rider OOC

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Not sure if I will get any players, however was a back story for Bhearn, derived from a picture painted by Crane. I do not expect play to result in same out come of where Bhaern started his life. Just offering a chance to play that can have any outcome.

At this start place, Bhaern is the only House blood still living. The start likely about level 4 mostly fighter though some thief skills. I would not be happy if a player came in at level 20 character to kill or even help, however is Free Flow so both are possible.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Re: The Lizard rider OOC

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

i might could get something of a character, but they are not fully developed...
also, you might consider a bit more to the opening scene/setting. It might help draw folks in to have a more defined idea of the setting. (unless i missed it, then i apologize)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well, the under dark, tunnels, fled a Lolth city is start point. Did not have to worry that much about those details in the past.

If does not get killed will rebuild House Quel. I will later look at saying a little more maybe, but basically I think I covered it. A House in a Lolth city attacked and all but one of the Noble bloodline killed.
As I understand it once in the tunnels no one knows for sure where they are *G*
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

I have a bit of trouble understanding the opening itself. The wording, or perhaps it's the grammar, it makes no sense to me, and still I have no idea of which Drow city, or the time frame. Sure I could probably pull some random new character out of the blue for a nondescript setting, but I'd still prefer to know which Drow City, and when. Also, is Bhaern of an evil disposition, as with most Lolthites, or is he one of those rare few who doesn't wholly agree with, or believe the same things, as his peers? Knowing that could give me an idea, of whether a goodly character, or an evil one, would be the better choice to put in.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bhaern is chaotic good, knows of the Dark Maiden. City fled from never selected in part because did not want to run into canon conflicts. I started out under 2nd Edition rules for character creation. Time frame likely after the Time of troubles and clearly before the silence of Lolth. If my homepage has not been wiped out, there is some information about what House Quel reborn grew to. As already indicated, this play does not have to work to that goal.

I will take a look again at my start post and see if I can fix grammar or better describe the scene. The short version is he is fleeing for his life because all his family is now dead, he is the last of the line and must live or the House will be defeated. Under Lolthian law, returning to the city as head of a house, the other Houses would be required to destroy the attacking House, because of failure. Of course retuning as one would just result in death of Bhaern. The House needs to be rebuilt before Bhaern can even hope to return. As far as it goes, Bhaern currently has no plans to return in his current character RL, his rebuilt House is far away from the unnamed city. He has returned to the surface.

What I offer is a chance to play a period of the time fleeing to the time that Bhaern actually entered play. As I indicated, I do not require same outcome, just thought it might be interesting to play part of the back story and see what hazzards and dangers might be encountered.

Of course sometimes my ideas do not work well. Now will go and look at my IC post and see if I can make it better.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Oh just looked at my web page, it goes dark April 30, 2012. Look quick if you want to see it.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Hmmmm.... too early in time period to use Pheurazath. As draconic aging goes, she's still only a child at that point in time. During Founding a Facade, shortly after the events of NWN: HotU, she's been played as a juvenile or young adult dragon. Well, lemme look through some books, and see what inspires me. I been working on a couple new character sheets that though they look fun, I may never get to use in an actual campaign. One is a dragonwrought kobold. The other has a lot of undecided details, but I'm aiming to make a Living Golem character. I still haven't decided to what type of golem I'd like to apply the template.

Other than that, I'll be browsing my books, and see if any bright ideas come up.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well if nothing else, at least I discovered my webpage was going dark. Have backed up data, though would like a working FTP on this box. All maps retreieved and the text, so at least I have the content. Saving the entire page, required me to save those silly adverts.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Millek, have you lurked for the entire four years?

Anyway nice to see you posting again. Not sure what would be with the saddle, not sure if raiding House Quel storage something that would interest you. It seems likely that every House would have some stores, if the raiders do not find a cache clearly more items could be found. Of course most important thing would be for the raiders to believe that they killed all of the House.

Maybe I could roll dice on that.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Been floating around the web, forgot the name and address for CoE after awhile, and only recently found it again, and much to my delight, my account was still here, and so is my intro RP, although after my last post to it, no one ever replied. Oh well, perhaps I went into unfamiliar territory with mentioning Halaster?

I AM having ideas for a RP experiment. I know not many gamers are familiar with the Divinity 2 video game, but if you or anyone else who reads this is, I welcome comments on the idea of first experimenting with a D2 Dragon Knight character. If this goes well, then I may try hosting a RP based in Rivellon, with with FR characters allowed to go into play. Both experiments I intend to explain the how a Dragon Knight appears in Faerun, and how Faerunites appear in Rivellon, with the Divinity 2 canon character, Bellegar. An erratic wizard of phenomenal magical power, who speaks in verse, and is most commonly described as insane, senile, and unpredictable.
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Millek":v2niqpi0]Been floating around the web, forgot the name and address for CoE after awhile, and only recently found it again, and much to my delight, my account was still here, and so is my intro RP, although after my last post to it, no one ever replied. Oh well, perhaps I went into unfamiliar territory with mentioning Halaster?

[/quote:v2niqpi0]

I reviewed that play, the forth player set me off, my OOC was still there because was not resolved. Maybe I could have played around it, at the time it seemed better to get a better post. Now, I have not noticed Arya about to pick up the play as well.
Servicemhf
Maid
Maid

The Lizard rider OOC

Post by Servicemhf »

I am unable to post today but expect to have a post up tomorrow.

I understood the 1/day post as either IC or OOC, let me know if you meant 1/day IC.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Servicemhf":mxhi1n4u]I am unable to post today but expect to have a post up tomorrow.

I understood the 1/day post as either IC or OOC, let me know if you meant 1/day IC.[/quote:mxhi1n4u]

I believe we agreed to one post per week, that might needed to be extended to one a month.

In some ways considering how old the play is, not sure if it makes much sense to try to continue this play.

A reset however could be considered.