New Here, Wanting to Submit Bio...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

DrowElfMorwen
Maid
Maid

New Here, Wanting to Submit Bio...

Post by DrowElfMorwen »

Hello everyone!

I read in the forum description this is where to post a biography, but before I actually post an official one, I wanted to give a general idea of the character I wanted to bring here.

I have been roleplaying in forums and in other venues for about ten years, eight of those being Forgotten Realms' related. I was for a while part of the Drizzt fan site Lavender Eyes under the same username as here, my primary characters being a couple of drow twins. I left years ago but continued ever since to RP those two, among many others, with two RPers I meant on this forum. So I have been RPing my character already for eight years and am including him in a story I am writing on my own.

I primarily play a drow wizard named Honglath Freth, around 120 years of age; for purposes here he's only been on the surface a bit more than two years. He came to the surface after meeting a drow female named Alarien who was a young priestess of Eilistraee, half drow-half elf. Before that Honglath was a noble who served as a teacher in the magical academy (in Menzoberranzan, for board purposes) teaching conjuration, and filling in for necromancy when needed.

He is tall for a drow male at 5'9 and has striking blue eyes. He is considered handsome and among his peers was considered charasmatic and respected. He has a twin brother who looks exactly like him who is a priest and fighter for Vhaeraun, though Honglath is a neutral good character. (I may or may not have his brother show up sometimes, since the two are/were kind of close).

An important aspect of his character is that he is not fully drow but part silver dragon, from his grandfather, which is where part of his charismatic nature comes from (though in recent years he seems more bitter than anything). Though Honglath appears as a full drow--and he prefers to stay that way--his "true form" which he is always morphed magically from, shows him a bit thicker and several unmissible patches of silver scales along his body, along with smooth horns that lay back and black-veined silver wings, though he cannot fly; they only really assist him in falling. Again he never shows this aspect of himself, but has changed into it before after meeting his grandfather twice, though the dragon has since disappeared.

Currently Honglath is on his own on the surface; why, I prefer to reveal when I get around to playing him.

So, before I do any official submitting I wanted to get the notes and opinions of the bio approvers. Thank you!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: New Here, Wanting to Submit Bio...

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome, your characters sound interesting. There is no formal approval required for FFR, if you want to join a campaign that is up to user that starts it.
DrowElfMorwen
Maid
Maid

Post by DrowElfMorwen »

Oh, nice, great. Do I just PM the user who begins a certain thread then, asking if I can join?

Also... I am under the impression from the main website there is an established in-world community? Can my character run into that, if so, and may I ask if this community has a name?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Some that start campaign will start an OOC thread setting out levels, type of characters and Roleplay location and those interested can sign up there and be openly accepted, some users do request applications via PM.

A few of us were, maybe still are, working of a temple and city that could be used in NWN, however not much done on that in years. Other then that the default world is Forgotten Realms, any place on the planet.
DrowElfMorwen
Maid
Maid

Post by DrowElfMorwen »

By Neverwinter Nights do you mean the series of games? I admit I only recently bought those, so I guess I'm a bit late to the party :p

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is going on in the active threads? Two seem to be going well but they seem very long.. so I am not sure I can just jump in.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

story of revenge is set up for newbies, and aint gotten to far into it. need more people anyway
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3047
and
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3028

or can PM rainbow prism for more info since they set it up
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="DrowElfMorwen":3ol7gvqz]By Neverwinter Nights do you mean the series of games? I admit I only recently bought those, so I guess I'm a bit late to the party :p

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is going on in the active threads? Two seem to be going well but they seem very long.. so I am not sure I can just jump in.[/quote:3ol7gvqz]

That can get a little hard to follow, Dark Moon a book is sought. I could not fit in well with that play. I clearly have noticed the high odds of two other that were active in discord. I tend to watch for problems rather then follow them, of course campaigns are sign-ons which is indicated by first post what is required. After that there indeed for any play campaign or Free Flow is to know what is going on now and having a good way to introduce your character. There is no way I can tell you a right way, I certainly can advise about wrong ways to enter an ongoing play.

Yes, it is reading to know what has occurred if you are going to enter any play.

I also offer the Lizard Rider as a new play that might interest you and others. It is Free Flow and if this Lizard gets killed so mote it be. Right now this young Drow has one charge to keep the House alive.