Story of Revenge v 1.0 OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Story of Revenge v 1.0 OOC

Post by Rainbow Prism »

This is OOC thread for adventure that I was thinking off. It is in beta stage, first starting with introduction. This may or may not evolve into something, since it is more like pilot. However, if it will turn out well, it may be continued in quite continuous fashion.

The place is chosen spontaneously, mostly, because I wanted to give chance to one of characters to make entry without ridiculous reasons to fly too far away from Moonwood. It does not matter, since I actually had many ideas and variations of how it could happen. We will see how it may turn out.

The NPC unknown halfling is given speech color [color=#FF8000:3v1ca83k][/color:3v1ca83k].
The current PCs are:

Inriiaynrae Jaelre - Ariali, gentle lythari elf.
Cinderanna(?)

Pick your colors, storytellers!

And do ask question freely if you have any.

[align=center:3v1ca83k][b:3v1ca83k][u:3v1ca83k]Campaign requirements:[/u:3v1ca83k][/b:3v1ca83k][/align:3v1ca83k]

The maximum starting level is 5. That includes class levels, creature levels(if present) and ECL. At least one class level should be present.
Pick needed equipment with starting monetary value 500 gold pieces.
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Re: Story of Revenge v 1.0 OOC

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

pacifist would be a better discriptor... ;)

just edited and added this incase anyone goes back to look.
Ariali
Female Wild Elf Cleric 4 / Ranger 1
Chaotic Good
Origin: Evermeet

Strength 11 (+0)
Dexterity 19 (+4)
Constitution 13 (+1)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 19 (+4)
Charisma 11 (+0)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 110 lb
Skin: Brown
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Burgandy; Wavy

Sect: Selune
Domains: Travel; Moon
Energy: Positive [Healing / Turns Undead]
Total Hit Points: 40
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 16 = 10 +2 [leather] + 4 [dexterity]
Touch AC: 14
Flat-footed: 12
Initiative modifier: + 4 = + 4 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: + 7 = 6 [base] + 1 [constitution]
Reflex save: + 7 = 3 [base] + 4 [dexterity]
Will save: + 8 = 4 [base] + 4 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): + 4 = 4 [base]
Attack (missile): + 8 = 4 [base] + 4 [dexterity]
Grapple check: + 4 = 4 [base]

Light load:38 lb. or less
Medium load:39-76 lb.
Heavy load:77-115 lb.
Lift over head:115 lb.
Lift off ground:230 lb.
Push or drag:575 lb.

Languages: Celestial Common Elven Sylvan

Feats:
Spellcasting Prodigy (Wisdom)
Exotic Weapons
Track [free to rangers]

Skill
Appraise Int 2 = +2
Balance Dex* 4 = +4
Bluff Cha 0 = +0
Climb Str* 0 = +0
Concentration Con 6 = +1 + 5
Craft_1 Int 2 = +2
Diplomacy Cha 3 = +0 + 3
Disguise Cha 0 = +0
Escape Artist Dex* 4 = +4
Forgery Int 2 = +2
Gather Information Cha 0 = +0 + 0
Heal Wis 9 = +4 + 5
Hide Dex* 7 = +4 + 3
Intimidate Cha 0 = +0
Jump Str* 3 = +0 + 3
Knowledge (nature) Int 5 = +2 + 3
Knowledge (religion) Int 3 = +2 + 1
Listen Wis 10 = +4 + 4 +2 [elf]
Move Silently Dex* 7 = +4 + 3
Perform_1 Cha 0 = +0
Ride Dex 4 = +4
Search Int 5 = +2 + 1 +2 [elf]
Sense Motive Wis 4 = +4
Spellcraft Int 4 = +2 + 2
Spot Wis 9 = +4 + 3 +2 [elf]
Survival Wis 4 = +4
Swim Str** 0 = +0
Use Rope Dex 4 = +4

Zero-level Cleric spells: 5 per day
Cure Minor Wounds; Guidance; Light; Resize; Styptic; (+2: Forager's Blessing, Create Water)
First-level Cleric spells: 5 (3 + 2) per day + 1 from a domain:
Obscuring Mist; Cure Light Wounds; Endure Elements; Motes Of Moonlight; Sanctuary. Longstrider (+2: Bless, Vision of Heaven)
Second-level Cleric spells: 3 (2 + 1) per day + 1 from a domain:
Cure Moderate Wounds; Guidance of the Avatar; Owl's Wisdom. __(+2: Remove Paralysis; Restoration, Lesser)

Wild (Green) Elf:
+2 dexterity / -2 intelligence (already included)
Immune to magical sleep
+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments
Low-light vision
Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow
+2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks
Notice secret doors; automatic search check if in five feet

Cleric
Alignment Aura
Spontaneous Casting (heal)
Turn Undead (3x/day)
High wisdom gains bonus spells daily
Domain choices give additional abilities

Ranger
Favored enemies
Track as bonus feat (already included)
Combat Style: two-weapon combat track
Endurance
Wild empathy (roll level + charisma bonus)
Favored Enemies:
Outsiders (evil) + 2
Feat distinctive for Toril:
Spellcasting Prodigy: Treat primary spellcasting ability score as 2 higher for bonus spells and save DC's.
This ranger chose the .

Lythari?
Use this section to modify the above as appropriate, if you are using the Races of Faerun system for lycanthropy.
In hybrid or wolf form, the character gains +2 points of strength, for an additional +1 on attacks, damage, and strength-related skill checks.
In hybrid or wolf form, the character gains +4 points of dexterity, for an additional +2 on initiative, reflex saves, and dexterity-related skill checks.
In hybrid or wolf form, the character gains +4 points of constitution, for an additional +2 on fortitude saves and constitution-related skill checks.
The animal's 2 hit dice with animal constitution give, in all forms, an additional 2d8+6 hit points.
The animal's hit dice confer +1 on base attack bonus in all forms.
The animal's hit dice confer +3 bonus on fortitude checks in all forms.
The animal's hit dice confer +3 bonus on reflex checks in all forms.
The animal's hit dice confer +0 bonus on will checks in all forms.
The animal's hit dice confer +8 skill points applicable in all forms. Class skills are listen and spot; also consider hide, move silently, spot, and survival (MM)
The animal's feats, applicable in any form, are track, weapon focus (bite).
A wolf's base attacks are bite 1d6 plus strength modifiers; if the bite is successful, the wolf can attempt to trip as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Being medium-sized, the hybrid form has natural attacks 1d4/1d4 (claws) and 1d6 (bite, secondary at -5 to hit). Bite is also usable when fighting with weapons. Strength adjustments apply.
Movement rate is 50 feet.
A lycanthrope gets +2 on armor class in all forms; ordinary wolfs have a natural armor bonus of +2.The hybrid gets this or the base race's natural armor bonus, whichever is better.
All lycanthropes possess damage reduction 10/silver, empathy with animals of their kind, low-light vision, and scent.
Any voluntary attempt to assume hybrid or wolf form will confirm the character's alignment as Chaotic Good.
Having lycanthropy is said to confer +2 wisdom, which would translate to +1 on will saves and wisdom-based checks (listen, spot, survival, etc.).Ask your referee whether this wisdom bonus is applicable to divine spellcasting.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Put up more action to make the scene more exposed. Whatever will peek interest of characters, be it wondrous fireworks or wanton destruction of natural beauty and local area is up to you.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Haha! I have decided! Provided there is no complaints with using a creature-character that starts with just 4 HD of racial levels, and 1 HD of a class level. This is perfect and ideal for someone praying for help. A Misfit from the heavens, a guardinal whose kind have no representation among the Guardinal Dukes, and this one a misfit among his own kind even, boldly believing he is an exception to the norm of all Mustevals being merely for use as divine messengers and spies. Always trying to stand out above the rest of his kin, it gets him in as much trouble, as it gets him praised. Well the mission seems simple enough, he can't possibly screw this one up, so perhaps the halfling in trouble, his prayer is heard, only to be sent a misfit among misfits from Celestia.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

If making a Campaign please tag as such. As you appear to be setting level level, you might also might want to consider those characters acceptable to those level limit. Clearly up to you,.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Say, I really forgot about marking it like campaign...

I have no problems with such character, Agmasek. Though it may not be simple to attack fully equipped mercenary with possible contingencies active alone.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

i hadnt posted anything b/c i saw hoping to get a broader idea of the plot (not too detailed anyway), so to know which character to use. i'll have to wait till tomarrow to do anything as i am swamped with reading for tomarrow's class. so i may get something up after.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

*GASP* a broad plot? Lol honestly, if he told you the plot, why play the story... Just pick a character you wanted to do, and play it... it is more fun not knowing.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

i wasnt trying to be a pain, I mean its not really my own character to begin with, it's my husbands. its just hard to play him if anytime he sees a dark elf, all he wants to do is kill them (personal history reasons).

but i was considering someone from my story to possibly use. I'd prefer to play Zarae, but at such a low level, she's still down in her homecity.
just gotta give time to figure out how to go about it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

All this trouble picking a character for some of ya! I offer a Neutral character I played briefly, once, he's big, he's fierce, when he charges, anything smaller than a human runs, and sometimes even humans and humanoids run away. He usually carries either a large warhammer or great axe, and is on a quest to achieve fame.

At roughly 8 foot tall, and 800 pounds of mostly muscle, shaggy fur, and two big horns he's slightly larger than most of his kind, he is Krom. While he has learned to harness the rage of his minotaur brethren in battle, he has taken to the more disciplined ways of a fighter. He is literate, and surprisingly smart for his race. Still, one shouldn't be surprised if he tries to conclude a frustrating debate by trying to cave in someone's skull.

And here is his brownish earthen color. [color=#BF8000:1mzf9pe8]#BF8000[/color:1mzf9pe8]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Does he pass prerequisite which is character level 5?
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

*shrug* No reply on this one... Huh.

Well, while the angelic bureaucracy thinks of what to do, I continue posting.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Patience Padawan...

Heheh, yes there's a reply, but I've just been busy, and oftentimes forgetting to dig out the right books to double check. I never saw mention of this having a level cap before, but since it's level 5, I'd like to know, are you doing this by class level only, or class level plus level adjustment. Same as a Drow, a minotaur has +2 level adjustment. So if we're adding that in, all Drow, and of course 1 minotaur could only have as much as 3 class levels. If on the other hand, we're ignoring level adjustments, well then yes, Krom fits under your limit, just narrowly. Otherwise, I might have to tone down his equipment, even though I have a delightful post already written up and awaiting approval of character, as is, that I'm quite sure there's plenty of inventive ways to make use of. Professions thus far hold the towering armor-clad bull as a mercenary and bounty-hunter. He'll only take jobs though that he sees honor in. (Such as: protect villagers from goblin raids, or aid small army of dwarves in defending their home from Drow.) Particularly he enjoys turning preconceptions of his race as brutes and monsters into noble, honorable warriors of quality.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

no reply? :? does that make me a nobody? :(
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

((Quasi-IC: Krom sweeps up Inriia in big shaggy arms, [color=#BF8000:kxq4n4uu]"Yer somebody ta me!"[/color:kxq4n4uu] ))

Heheh, I hope the entry post I've already written won't need to be changed, I'm really looking forward to show-casing this character in some battle.