Preparing mini adventure for newcomers! Characters needed!

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Preparing mini adventure for newcomers! Characters needed!

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Just as I said. I have an idea of simple introductory encounter. If someone wants to give new character a spin, post here. It is simple encounter for 1-5 level (if you have any).
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Re: Preparing mini adventure for newcomers! Characters neede

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

do you want only new characters?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

There is a sad tendency of users creating characters then leaving. Possibly,they felt too shy to enter running campaign or adventure. This is a chance for those who have not found such opening act to make a name for character. Of course, more experienced users can enter too. Main intent is giving opportunity for novices. All is good as long as requirement in 1st post is upheld.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

of course. :)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

I have two ideal characters for such a plot. One, if there's room for an evil character. I've been wanting to try out playing a young low-level Barghest, whom from very early on, began her life, living amongst a tribe of ordinary goblins, unaware of just how different she is. This one, born in the Prime Material, by the union of a more advanced Barghest, that has since returned to their native plane, and an ordinary female goblin. Haven't chosen a name yet, but this is my low-level character for something of a more evil variety.
Depending however, on exposure to others, and character development, I'm more than willing to allow that she might become more of a Chaotic Neutral sort of character, rather than Chaotic Evil. She's young enough yet to be impressionable, and if some goodly adventurer can tolerate her, as well as maybe teach her what she is, and ways to use it that will not make her a target of goodly peoples, she might not grow into the typical alignment/behavior/mindset of most Barghests. Might even evolve into a character I might use in the future, in other plots, who through her power has made herself Chieftan of a large goblin clan, and managed delicate, if peaceful relations with places like Silverymoon (if timeline is before Time of Troubles) or the newly established Knigdom of Many Arrows, and perhaps any of the neighboring cities/settlements. (if after ToT.)

If however, you'd prefer to keep it to inherently good, or neutral characters, then I offer Gil'ael. This white gryphon has only once, briefly debuted in one RP, and was not used since. He has more often been an observer than a participant in major events/quests. Some background on him, is though magical beasts are rarely if ever found as companions for Druids or Rangers, sometimes it does happen. Gil'ael was for a time the companion of a Moon Elf Ranger, whom had chosen a life apart from his people, hunting in the wilds at the side of the gryphon, the two of them like brothers to each other. They spent much of their lives either hunting for food, or hunting Orcs, in protection of the Moonwood, and elven settlements within. Gil'ael through benefit of a variety of magics, both divine and arcane, had been gifted with a level of awareness and intelligence, on par with your average human adult, which made him able to carry out complex instructions, rather than simple ones, ideal for coordinating hunts and attacks with his ranger companion, even while apart from each other.
During one of those hunts however, the ranger was ambushed, and overwhelmed, before Gil'ael could get back to him from some aerial scouting. While many orcs were felled or injured in that battle, the elf did not survive. Gil'ael did however slay the remaining orcs. To date, he continues his life of watching over the Moonwood, but avoids taking risks. However, he continues to long for a new companion. Unlike ordinary selections of Animal Companion by a Druid or Ranger, they cannot choose him, but he might choose one of them, so best not for anyone to hold their breath.
This is a proud and noble creature, certain protocols of respect are likely to be required, of anyone attempting to befriend him. A word about trying to speak to him, he can understand Elven and Common languages, as well as communicate with certain other kinds of beasts, however he does not speak as a humanoid does, ergo conversation with him may prove frustratingly one-way with him, unless 'spoken' to by a Druid, or someone has use of a [b:acpd5fuo]Speak with Animals[/b:acpd5fuo] spell.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

havent used her much on here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1670

[b:1zqs69vo][url=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... g:1zqs69vo]Ariali[/url:1zqs69vo][/b:1zqs69vo]
Race: wild elf Lythari
Class: Ranger/cleric of Selune
Origins: Island of Evermeet
Hair: Elven form, waist length wavy burgundy. Wolf form, sleek velvet-like onyx fur with a silver undercoat giving it a dark silver look in the right lights.
Eyes: Golden amber.
Height/Weight: Elven form, 5’8”, 120lbs. Wolf form, 5’ from the shoulders, 100lbs
Skin: Elven, dark and tanned.
Clothing Style/Jewelry: She dresses in simple natural garb, most often a simple black leather top and green wrap skirt, with soft moccasin boots. For special occasions she may dress up.
Weapons: Physical combat is abhorrent to lythari, including Arìali. If she aids in warfare at all it would be in a scouting capacity or as a messenger, using her speed to her advantage. However, if cornered or forced to defend her self or kin, she have a powerful bite which she can use to great effect. In her elven form she is known to carry a returning chakram and 2 sais in her boots, tho rarely used. Otherwise, she only attacks when hunting, preferring deer, rabbit and wild boar, much like a wolf.
Personality: To most she is very mysterious, graceful, beautiful and otherworldly, even for an elf, but she seem to not notice it. She has an unusual curiosity that often gets her into trouble. She is completely in her element at night and most comfortable and confident in her wolf form. Unlike normal lycanthropes, Lythari are friendly and companionable when in lupine form, leaving no impression of danger or ferocity. She will neither inflict wanton violence nor attack intelligent species. She also appears shy, more aloof and is a free spirit, gentle and benevolent. She is more willing than most of her race to make contact with strangers.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Use any character you like. There will be opportunities for evil characters, but it depends on certain points which I won't tell yet.

Well, if someone else wants to join, please, post in this topic. When we will start, the thread will be Closed RP and characters cannot be swapped or added without PM. Players who did not have time to join or entered too late on this forum can be invited if they will ask.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

been trying to think of a character to use

whats the setting to be?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Our favorite Forgotten Realms, 3.5 edition.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

haha...well of course. sorry i want clear. i thought about playing my husbands character, the only problem is he hates drow (was a slave at one time). so if its a heavy drow characters then he wont work.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

No worries on this part. That I can hint. ;)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

alright, so when we starting?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Just give me some time to send PM and get the right scene.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Could be interested i'll keep a watch for your start up <<>> 8)
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Y'know what, those two ideas are great and fine, but since I'm remaining in a state of being extremely uninformed about what kind of setting this will have, be it a surface adventure, Underdark, or whatever have you, I'm afraid I remain indecisive about what sorta character to throw in. I won't hold it against anyone if this plot takes off without me and leaves me out. I just need at least that much information to decide what to use.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki