The Dark Moon (OOC)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The Dark Moon (OOC)

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Ok so then. I was thinking that the Dark Moon story I am posting up might make a fun RP to do with a group of people. While there might some overlap between the two, I am planning to keep the two at arm's length from each other (think alternate universe kinda thing). I will be playing Zyeke, who is linked below in my signature. The general story is a sort of zombie, ghoul, and various forms of steroided-up undead apocalypse... which kinda sucks for the living folk. So if anyone wants to join in, post in this thread, and when we have a fun group I will put up the IC thread.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Re: The Dark Moon (OOC)

Post by Grahl »

Any objections if I perhaps throw in Naien and Nixue? No zombie apocalypse would be enough to beat those two. In fact they'd probably only remain marginally evil, if only by virtue of their views and worship of Tiamat, to what remains of the few outposts of civilization, they'd be well-employed as exterminators, specialized in fire spells as they are, and immune to fire damage, even able to receive healing kickbacks from casting fire spells, and Naien, being a cleric to boot, able to cure the occasional rare infection either of them might get.

How does that sound?

If that doesn't trip your trigger, I could always throw in Varro and whatever possessed host he might have at the time (or maybe no host, just roaming free). This apocalypse would be actually an annoying inconvenience for the demon, since it deprives him of the 'sport' of killing mortals himself, among other forms of entertainment. So, he [b:11nwmqom]would[/b:11nwmqom] actually have a reason to attack undead, if only in hopes of putting an end to them, and restoring mortals to their former prosperity, only so he may get back to his old hobbies.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Hm... Keep in mind that Zyeke is made with the book of exalted deeds, so he is REALLY not happy with evil things. Oh and I am going to have a paladin too, so I won't say a definite no, but it could be risky...
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

With the BoED? Well, I mean if you're wanting something less risky, I do have some ideas on the drawing board. I'm not sure I'm totally satisfied with them yet. I've only recently decided race and class development for them. One is a Deep Gnome Monk/Duelist (AC = 10 + size bonus + wisdom modifier + dexterity modifier + intelligence modifier) plus some conditional bonuses for fighting certain racial types, and for being in caves.

Another is a Yuan-Ti Abomination who has forsaken Sseth, and turned to Ubtao, chosen the path of a Druid, and taken a deinonychus companion. (this is a BoED inspiration as well)

Last is a Githzherai, on the path of a Monk / Zerth Cenobite. It's a discipline originally known only to the Githzherai, but it combines disciplines of both mind and body, it stacks with monk class for determining unarmed damage, armor class bonus, and unarmored speed, while also granting a variety of psionic abilities.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

i vote for the gnome. :) we never see them, halflings and rarely dwarves in RP's
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Hmm, I vote holy snake man, or extraplanar monk :)

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Hmm... Vote tally is even all around. Though I've had some additional thoughts of what either one could offer to this story.

On one hand, a druid could make use of spells to teleport groups of people through trees and the like. The Yuan-Ti, could be a scout in search of other survivors, either to establish networks between them, or perhaps transport to Chuult, which being an island nation, surrounded by jagged reefs, and host to a number of well fortified cities, accustomed to fending off undead among worse things, is also isolated from the mainland.

Githzerai Monk... the Githzerai tend to be pragmatic, slow to give their trust, and cautious when dealing with others. Also they don't tend to help people who are unprepared to help themselves. However, I figure under the circumstances, the plight of the Prime Material plane could be found deserving of as much if not more attention than their ages old conflict with Mind Flayers. (Plus the time manipulation powers might be handy. I'm particularly fond of an ability to thrust a single enemy a number of rounds into the future.)

As for the gnome, hard-to-hit, and still dishes damage out without weapons or armor, the average zombie doesn't stand a chance.

edit: All these seem like a good idea to me. A druid would add another healer to the party, and I think even an outcast Yuan-Ti outcast would still be welcomed by their kin, when all living things are sharing a mutual enemy. The Githzerai I figure would likely see the importance in preventing this Atropus from coming about, as once it's done with the Prime Material, other planes might follow.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Dude, just pick one :P honestly we are heading out soon, so if you want an easy addition... OHHH actually you can mull it over, just join us in Myth Drannor :)

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

we might have a problem....
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I am doing the best I can on problem.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

:) No worries, I am just going to put up the thread again, it is probably the easiest course for you.

Zyeke
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hi all.

Looking at the site logs it seems that the Dark Moon thread was accidentally deleted along with a bunch of the spam threads. This was human error, but unfortunately such things can happen.

What's even more unfortunate is that I suck at making backups and the last one is from October. I will look into restoring the thread from that (tomorrow because it looks like that might be somewhat complicated), but obviously it will be very out of date. I really need to do much better making backups. For that my deepest apologies.

I've also made some changes to moderation so that instead of deleting topics they should now be moved to a hidden "Trash" forum. Honestly, I thought that the forum was sophisticated enough to have an "undo delete" option, but it seems not. I've also looked into installing a "soft delete" mod (which means basically adding that undo option to deletes), but am having trouble with installing it and don't want to risk breaking the board so I've gone with the hidden forum route instead.

Again my deepest apologies for the roleplaying thread being lost. That really shouldn't happen and I take full responsibility for the mistake. I hope that you will be able to continue with the roleplay in a new thread as NathreeDe'Shezbron suggested. I am very sorry that this happened. :(

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":3i328ks9]:) No worries, I am just going to put up the thread again, it is probably the easiest course for you.[/quote:3i328ks9]

You are kind, maybe you even saved most of it?

I still have page three. Google still is best search engine yahoo and bing had nothing.

A rather hard 24 hours I went though, know I almost did another RP.

Over all result my powers have changed and I hope too many not unhappy with me.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

No worries all, I have put up the second thread with a small summary of what happened in there so far. There really wasn't all that much :P.

Zyeke
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:18 am
Zyeke held his hands up, doing his best not to alarm this strange drow. From her speech and clothing, the monk had been able to assume with decent certainty that this woman is, or was, a priestess of Lolth. While personally, he held no great love for that religion or its tyrannical priestesses, Zyeke realized that the matter was out of his hands. Since this drowess was here, Eilistraee clearly had a use for her. The monk smiled, "I suppose you are right, many have called me a fool, and rightly so. It seems you are straight from the Underdark, no?"

Zyeke

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Hero||Heroine

Experience: 417.00

Re: The Dark Moon (The RP version)
by Cinderanna » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm
Cinder found some cleansing herbs in her pouch and comfrey oil to help mend the open wounds. As Adian relaxed in the pool of spring water she spread the cleaning herb over him as it lathered she washed his hair that was streaked in dry blood.
" Now dive with me under the water to rinse yourself , so i can apply this comfrey oil to your wounds. " Cinder said with a mischievious smile. She followed him as he dived deep into the water and grasped his waist " Usstan'bal lle'warinil ussta seriso " she said before kissing him deeply benieth the water. As they rose to the surface in the moon light together she put his hand on her belly there was a rolling motion from within.
" Just a few weeks ago I started feeling movements " she said with a smile.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> oowha!!! http://youtu.be/wHuXpWSNa-8

Cinderanna
Resident

Experience: 523.00

by veraka » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm
"Aye, that be the one," says a slurred, gruff dwarven voice said through the woods, booming as if there were nothing better to do. "If'n that lass of yours be giving me brother any trouble at that fort o' yours, she'll understand the reasoning behind dwarven drinking habits in very real way."

A giant of a man, sheathed in platinum dragon scale-plate strode slowly beside this bumbling dwarf; the dwarf could be made out to be a monk, though an odd one at that, as his words were definitely slurred, indicating that this particular dwarf lived up to his kin's reputation as stalwart drinkers.
"Garmug, if my wife wanted to get our children prematurely drunk, I'd ask you; but my mother would also bring me up to the Gods themselves for a thrashing that even you wouldn't survive," a deep, brash voice commented at the dwarf from under the platinum scaled helmet, which turned to regard the dwarf next to him.

"Aye; I'll giv' ye that'un, if'n only to zzyeee keep your head on straight," Garmug retorted stubbornly; "Ay; how many times you be sseein that in yur lifetim?" The dwarf asked, pointing a meaty finger at the two dark elves that surfaced in a nearby pool. They both were familiar to the armored giant somehow.

"Actually Garmug," The platinum paladin spoke, bringing his armored hands up to his helmet; "I've seen those particular drow like that more than a couple of times; matter of fact; my mother sanctified their unborn children, like she did mine." With that, the mighty warrior pulled off his helmet, to reveal a sharp featured face, hewn to shape by his youth spent with the barbarian tribe, the Black Lion. Keen Silver eyes locked onto Adian and Cinder as they were floating there in the pool, his white platinum hair unfolding down past his neck. His near pale skin was the finishing marker for identifying him as an aasimar.

The dwarf looked up at him with surprise written all over his face; "yu're bluffin'; ye do't know those drow loveys over there yonder."

The aasimar looked down at his drunken dwarf companion; "actually Garmug; yes I do."

"SO!" The aasimar shouted towards the two drow floating in the pool; "Why is it whenever I find either of you; you're always with the other; Cinder, I've never stumbled across you without Adian near you or by your side."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

veraka
Demigod

Experience: 2,853.00

by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 pm
((or she is here by accident?
i wanted to use her so people can get practice in dealing with one like here and the eilistraeen's can try to convert her. haha, i expect alot of frustrations coming forth.

edit: i suspect im a a bit further away from the tree house, as i am outside the grove. and thus have not acted in response to the others around in the tree house.))

She again glanced around to look for those hidden, still expecting an ambush any moment. Her head tilted slightly as he spoke, the drowess still trying to decide.
"what's it to you then?" she asked, her tone neutral. She shifted slightly in the saddle to adjust, inwardly ready to camp and get off the animal. "You think that makes me an easier target?" Glaring back at him again to see his reaction, her fingers gripping the crossbow tighter as she expected the word the hidden ones were looking for.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Experience: 2,914.00

by Cinderanna » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm
Hearing Verake's voise Cinder turned her head to see her giant friend through the trees.
" That's because he keeps following me around every place I go " she giggled still holding his hand over her belly. She noticed a women on a horse near by she looked like Zerae but she knew it was not. " Is that Zerae's sister? "Cinder asked Verake.
She reached for the comfrey oil to smooth over the open gashes on Adain.
There was on his forarm and chest she poured the oil over them and gently rubbed it in a bit, this will help the wounds mend over. Then she wispered a healing spell and held her hands over the wounds this will take the pain off them it won't take long for them to close over. Then she kissed him deeply and dove into the water not befor splashing him in the face.

Cinderanna
Resident

by Adian Novar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 am
"Veraka!"

Adian made a move to get out of the pool but remembered at the last second that surface folk had an odd self-consciousness about bare skin. He stopped and let Cinder apply the oils to his injuries. As the wounds faded into unmarred flesh, Adian smiled up at the great paladin.

"In truth I am almost as surprised to see her as I am to see you," he said. "I was in Undermountain at one of our more remote outposts. Somehow the Dark Maiden saw fit to bring me here as we were being overrun."

A shadow of survivor's guilt came into his face...and vanished a moment later when Cinder kissed him.

"How is Neriah?" he asked. "And who is your friend?"

Adian Novar
Champion

Experience: 726.00

by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:57 pm
Zyeke raised an eyebrow, "Easier target? No, I was simply making an observation. Please, you may be calm, I mean you no harm. In fact, I am quite glad to see some one who is from the Underdark, it has been a very long time, and I would like to hear how the drow fare."

Zyeke

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Hero||Heroine

by Cinderanna » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:12 pm
Cinder surfaced behind Adain and put her arms around his strong back resting her chin on his shoulder. " It is so good to see you Verake. Neriah must be close to term you must be so excited, I have been at the temple with the preistess since BitterLeaf it's been about 5 mounths now i think. it is good to be on the surface again and fell the all the eliments around me " Cinder said merrily, happy to be with Adain and friends again.
She rubbed Adains shoulders to help him relax.

>> http://youtu.be/BBju9Sdh94k
Last edited by Cinderanna on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cinderanna
Resident

by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 pm
She gave a 'very well' look, not believing him of course. one never believes a drow. Another idea comes to mind. He was sure to have shelter and food. and at the moment, she could use that. And perhaps he had other uses (like knowledge of the surface and supplies), but she would figure it out when it came to it.
"Alright male, you lead the path, and perhaps I'll speak of it," she replied, taking another sweeping glance around her surroundings while lowering the hand crossbow. The horse's head was lifted with the reigns, disturbing his snacking as he was moved forward a couple steps.

signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm
Zyeke chuckled, "My name is Zyeke." He turned around and headed back to his grove, "What is your name?"

Zyeke

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Hero||Heroine

by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 am
the horse was made to follow, entering the grove. It didnt keep her out, yet it still made her uncomfortable (how i'm assuming it works). She wasnt much of a chatter, but decided to go along with things for the moment.
"Zilvtree," she replied to matter-of-factly, a name she had taken on for so long now. she gave no titles nor indications of herself, not even a location, rank, or occupation.
the horse whinneyed, snatching from a tall shrub as he walked.
"above or below?" asking where he was leading, trying to decide if he was one of those who were from the Land of Lights or just up here for business. Of course she knew she knew the answer already. His actions was pretty evident of that. And with her recent bouts of luck, he be one of those dancing fools or masked idiots.
The ex-priestess knew them rather well. Lith My'athar held two secret rebel factions of the Spider Queen's children. She had often been used to gather intel on them and even remove key members that were discovered. the death of the one of the daughters of a heretic priestess by Alylin's (her real name) hand had never been forgotten. how the heretic offered her redemption, and died with peace despite what had been done to her. images of that long ago encounter still fresh in her memory. Something she blames for the beginning downward spiral that lead to her current cursed existence.
As she neared she heard sounds of voices, noises of movement, saw____________

((ok can the shelter, tree, thing, place be clarified as i am slightly confused by the different post.
is it a platform up there? a house in the tree? just the tree? a building on the ground? can people be seen yet? any chance a picture for the idea))

(i didnt have much to post as she is not a talker and i didnt know what she is seeing yet)

signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:40 am
((It is just a tree, but the lower branches are curved down, making a "house". The upper boughs look normal))

Zyeke glanced back, Zilvtree had entered the grove, so Eilistraee approved of her. For the moment at least, so he had no choice but to accept her. "I live on the surface, in that tree in fact," He pointed towards the large tree in the middle of the grove. "You may release the horse, it will not go far. Eilistraee will keep it here. If you are hungry I have plenty of food and water to satisfy you. However, I must ask that you do not kill any animals that you see here."

Zyeke

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Hero||Heroine

by veraka » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:43 am
Veraka nodded at Cinder's first response, then turned to Adian as he surfaced, and then, let Cinder massage his flesh for some odd wounds that Veraka nodded at.

"Who's my friend here, well, he's . . . . "

"I'll tel ye who'sc aye am," the dwarven monk stuttered, his words still slurred; he looked back at Adian and Cinder floating in the pool of water in front of him; "I tell ye boff, that aye am Garvvmuoog Broonzse. . beardth. Mounk o' the Hammers o' Moraadiin." The dwarf gave a very low bow, and stumbled and bumbled about, but surprisingly kept himself upright.

Veraka leaned in a little to whisper something to Adian and Cinder; "I should also mention that he's one of the best Drunken Masters I've ever met."

"Tha's also on's o' th'e best masterzs that ye ave drank toge'her wit." Garmug put in.

Veraka rolled his eyes and then turned his attention back to Cinder and Adian; at each of their questions, he responds; "well, Adian, Neriah is doing fine right now. She's somewhere about in the Dales, looking for a home for the two us. Aurora's with her. Something about making sure that the winged one can find her trail around the woods".

"And actually, Cinder, Neriah is still carrying the twins. Even with her infernal heritage coursing through her blood, she still has the same gestation period as most elves do, which I believe is around two years."

"Lad, yous know more a'out them knife ears than a doc'or himselff." Garmug blurted out, swiveling about to eye the paladin.
Last edited by veraka on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

veraka
Demigod

Experience: 2,853.00

by Cinderanna » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm
((( I had herd it was one year for drow HMMM... two years what have i gotten myself into?? or should i say what has Adain gotten me into ... and oops i did it again I thought Zilvtree was with you Verake )))

Cinder felt such a peace in the grove every thing seemed so much more alive it was like she could embrace the full force of Eilistraee's beauty. The whole time she spent with the preistesses wile Adain was away she learned to appreiate all that she stood for in a way that she never could in her studies. Thow she missed Adain she also grew to understand his devotion to the dark maid and share it full heartedly.

" i am very pleased to meet you Mr garvvmuoog " Cinder giggled giving Verake a humorous wink. " Why don't you jion us in the pool you must be tired from your journey Verake and you Mr Garvvmuoog as well, it is very relaxing indeed. The presants of our Lady Eilistraee is quite vivid in this her grove ."

Cinder noticed a women that reminded her of Zerae some how enter the grove with Zyeke the elf who lived in the tree.

Cinderanna
Resident

by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm
((yep 2 years. poor elves))
(( just general ideas of her looks/dress picture 1 then add a red cloak and you got it. ))

Zilvtree softly scoffed to herself, "you wish to be a faerie elf then? For that is what the Spider Queen's daughter does. Try to turn our people into them," the slight tone evident in her voice. of course the drowess kept her hard core exterior because that was how one survived; weakness meant death.
dismounting the buckskin and removing the tack, she shoved the small saddle into her pack with the bridle. then she straightened out her clothing and dusted horse fur off herself. When he wasnt looking, she did a quick squat to loosen her sore legs and backside. Twords the middle she did see the tree he spoke of as well as 6 others. Mentally the ex-priestess grumbled to herself, but headed that direction, her head held up high yet weary of them all with a hand resting on the pomel of her Everchanging Blade.

signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady