The Dark Moon (OOC)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: The Dark Moon (OOC)

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Undead do not suffer nonlethal damage pain / damage last I knew.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Very True.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

And they are immune to sneak attacks... ^.^
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":294ziam0]And they are immune to sneak attacks... ^.^[/quote:294ziam0]

Unless a spell is cast to allow sneak attacks on Undead ;) There is such a spell :D
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Link por favor. And if the spell isn't in the d20srd.org website, write out the effect, either in character or in an OOC section of the post. Oh, actually include that for items too. If I don't know the effect of a spell, I'll either make it up, or just make it not hit :)
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

I guess Tarlyn was referring to this:

[url=http://dndtools.eu/spells/libris-mortis ... /:1cwuxoao]Spark of Life[/url:1cwuxoao]

The Spell Compendium refers to it as a 3rd level spell for clerics and 4th for druids though.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Oh.. yea that isnt a shadow mystery though... well honestly, I have no problem with making up spells, just gimme a heads up, and write out the effects of it. I myself will probably stretch many rules to make the story cooler :P that's just part of writing.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Heheh, let us not forget Harkle Harpell and his invention of the spell, 'Bigby's Flicking Finger', with which he created a big magical floating hand, hovering over an approaching horde of undead, flicking fingers at individual targets, and launching them back out to sea.

BTW how many liches we got here anyway? If I'm reading right, there's one making off with a book, and another that's with the Red Wizards?
Just wanna be clear on if there's anymore undead still on the field or not, activating certain enchantments on the maul, while highly effective on undead, and evil outsiders, aren't as useful when striking a living person.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Idk I thought it was just mine.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="Grahl":94orqrow]Heheh, let us not forget Harkle Harpell and his invention of the spell, 'Bigby's Flicking Finger', with which he created a big magical floating hand, hovering over an approaching horde of undead, flicking fingers at individual targets, and launching them back out to sea.

BTW how many liches we got here anyway? If I'm reading right, there's one making off with a book, and another that's with the Red Wizards?
Just wanna be clear on if there's anymore undead still on the field or not, activating certain enchantments on the maul, while highly effective on undead, and evil outsiders, aren't as useful when striking a living person.[/quote:94orqrow]

IS that a spell in 2nd edition or 3.5? If not I vote it be made one!
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote="Tarlyn":31hxaph8][quote="Grahl":31hxaph8]Heheh, let us not forget Harkle Harpell and his invention of the spell, 'Bigby's Flicking Finger', with which he created a big magical floating hand, hovering over an approaching horde of undead, flicking fingers at individual targets, and launching them back out to sea.

Just wanna be clear on if there's anymore undead still on the field or not, activating certain enchantments on the maul, while highly effective on undead, and evil outsiders, aren't as useful when striking a living person.[/quote:31hxaph8]

IS that a spell in 2nd edition or 3.5? If not I vote it be made one![/quote:31hxaph8]

Actually neither. It's from Salvatore's novels about Drizzt, Harkle is a member of the Harpell family, a family of extremely eccentric wizards, who make up the leadership of a town called Longsaddle. The Harpells are notorious for a variety of unorthodox magical experiments, and oddities that have caused most of the major mage towers and guilds, very hesitant to associate with them.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Harkell Favorite, the "eyes only teleportation spell", and then the dwarven solution to the problem of the eyes drying out :).

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":1qatfw9n]Harkell Favorite, the "eyes only teleportation spell", and then the dwarven solution to the problem of the eyes drying out :).[/quote:1qatfw9n]

Ho man, that is one awesome spell LOL!
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":3qmfc4qm]Oh.. yea that isnt a shadow mystery though... well honestly, I have no problem with making up spells, just gimme a heads up, and write out the effects of it. I myself will probably stretch many rules to make the story cooler :P that's just part of writing.[/quote:3qmfc4qm]

My spells are from MOnte Cooks Arcane Evolved book as well as The Book of Roguish Luck. Sorry if there was some confusion about them. They affect undead normally unless it says it is helpful, of which some spells are. Bry's spells were chosen to affect everyone, undead included. I will post the spell details from now when she casts them. For now she'll stay out of the fight as there are way too many people to contend with.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Monte Cook's... I thought he was second edition... >.> but any ways thanks Tarlyn :).

Zyeke