The Dark Moon (OOC)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: The Dark Moon (OOC)

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Oh dear, this is a rare sight. I don't think we've had this much trouble since... well ever.

This site, I believe, is one of the kindest sites around with the lightest of moderation touches. The consequence of that is that, in general, players are expected to show the maturity and understanding to resolve issues between them. For one reason or another, whether that perception was right or wrong, this did not fully seem to happen in this case.

As such I advised Bhaern that if progress didn't seem to be made perhaps it might be best to, temporarily, lock the roleplaying thread so as to give everyone time to catch up. Perhaps that was the wrong call on my part, but it seemed a sensible course of action. Though perhaps you might not understand [i:2lpe3ltg]why[/i:2lpe3ltg] a number of people seem to have trouble, I would hope for accepting that they do.

I want to stress here though that the suggested lock was to be temporary, to be removed again in short order. Call it putting on the breaks for a moment to give everyone a chance to catch up. As it is the responsibility of people to accept that there are those with trouble, so is it the responsibility of those with trouble to try and resolve their problems by asking for clarification. If this does not seem to happen then it is unfair to indefinitely stall the roleplaying. Right now is the chance for people to voice their confusions and get them cleared up.

At the same time I also do not want to stifle people who are actively enjoying themselves roleplaying. To this effect it somewhat confuses me why Bhaern's very valid suggestion to start a sub-thread was rejected. It would seem, to me, the perfect resting point in the story to get everyone synchronized again. In fact, the latest thread already seems to fulfill this purpose as, as far as I understand, those continuing have all gathered in a single, new, location.

As such I've decided to re-open that thread, but to rename it so that it can be used for everyone to get up to speed again and get involved again. Once everyone is on the same page again a new thread can be started to continue the main thread. That, I think, seems the most reasonable compromise.

I also feel it necessary to note that I generally do not respond well to threats and ultimatums. Since Bhaern acted in full accordance with my advice, in this situation that we're really not used to dealing with, I will certainly not take any kind of action against him and stand by his actions. I am sorry if anyone sees that as grounds to leave, but in the end we must all go where the moonlight guides us. I have always hoped for this place to be most welcoming and accepting of everyone and I feel that it is still thus. Everyone is always welcome to stay as they desire and gladly so. And though it saddens me if they do everyone is equally free to leave if they feel the need to.

Hopefully we can all move on and work together to make this a place where people would most want to stay. A place where everyone can enjoy roleplaying together. And I hope that you feel the same way too.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Thank-you Shirl'le :)

" Sekene dos ph' natha tithaur "

>>>>>> http://youtu.be/7kzj1PRIJlE
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Ok, who got lost where? Or have you just been confused from the start because the RP has been moving rather fast, and I am not one for reading like... 6 posts if they just appear the night before. Although if you are like that your confusion is kinda brought on by yourself. ^.^
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

I will wait until this is resolved, this way everyone will be on the same page.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":3nd4kt6f]Ok, who got lost where? Or have you just been confused from the start because the RP has been moving rather fast, and I am not one for reading like... 6 posts if they just appear the night before. Although if you are like that your confusion is kinda brought on by yourself. ^.^[/quote:3nd4kt6f]

Well by my count, Adian Novar, Biot-Savart, Grahl and veraka all have reached a point of confusion, maybe some has been answered for them.

I will also note that Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar did post concerns about being left behind again.

My concern was and still is let others catch up, give them time to post.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

My confusion is lessening , but I just need time to read back through, because I tried to skim over the posts for relevant details, because everyone was posting too fast, there's no posting order, and while I was trying to continue participating I wasn't getting much opportunity to take the time to read as much as I needed in order to keep up. I know waiting on others to post and keep up is frustrating sometimes. You know [b:13fvhugw]exactly[/b:13fvhugw] what you want to post next, and holding off for the next person to post can seem like an inconvenience. I know, I go through it too sometimes, but with this large a group, a posting order would be a REALLY good idea. Rather than those whom seem to have all day to do nothing but post on here, crowding out those who don't with a flood of posts to try keeping up with, and still participate so everyone isn't assuming, "Oh well so-&-so hasn't been posting for a long while, they must have dropped out." And then just like that, they're left out.

If we can't agree on using a posting order, I am afraid I will have to drop out again, this time to stay out of this one. I really don't want to, the plot has me interested, but I don't have the luxury of spending the time I would need, in order to keep up with how frequently some of you in this RP post AND participate. Summer is here, and I have a mess of responsibilities to tend to, in the house, and in the yard, and it'll not be until about August or September, for those to go away.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Thank you Mr Grahl :)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

*sigh* cmon guys, lets put the egos away please. We are all... adults here, or at least mature enough. Idk about a posting order, and yes I will admit we have been moving fast, I get that. About 50% my fault. I'll slow it down, but no promises on a posting order per se, deal?
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

For purposes of recognition Bryzyne is in [color=purple:25lo5i2i] Purple [/color:25lo5i2i] and Thoron is in [color=red:25lo5i2i] Red [/color:25lo5i2i]. It will be easier to differentiate who is speaking just in case it is not clear, guys and gals.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Grahl":16z0v9d4]

If we can't agree on using a posting order, I am afraid I will have to drop out again, this time to stay out of this one. I really don't want to, the plot has me interested, but I don't have the luxury of spending the time I would need, in order to keep up with how frequently some of you in this RP post AND participate. Summer is here, and I have a mess of responsibilities to tend to, in the house, and in the yard, and it'll not be until about August or September, for those to go away.[/quote:16z0v9d4]

There is no way others can be forced to agree to a posting order, it is free flow. I advise dropping out.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":26hz1vcr]*sigh* cmon guys, lets put the egos away please. We are all... adults here, or at least mature enough. Idk about a posting order, and yes I will admit we have been moving fast, I get that. About 50% my fault. I'll slow it down, but no promises on a posting order per se, deal?[/quote:26hz1vcr]

All I asked was things to slow down some, give others a chance to post. At least a day though with number of players should have been more then that. The more players the harder it is to keep play moving forward. I have advised one player to resign, however there are still other players not seen yet posting since the lock.

The sub threads, "tea party" are a way for some play to go on well the main party sleeping or other wise involved in activities that are not worthy of being posted.

This is Free Flow and few rules apply, nothing to moderate within the scope of my power. The best I could do was try to slow things down in respect for the other players. Alas I might have sacred away other players as many of Dark Moon have not posted in this thread or the RP thread.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

No, not you Bhaern, some other people were getting angrier than I would have liked. And if people don't like it, they are very free to leave, it's finals week, and I don't really have the time, energy, or patience to deal with something that isn't as important as a chemistry final :P.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

For once, me and Nathree share a common purpose; finals are a bitch IRL, and Criminal Justice ain't no easier than any other. I've got three other finals this week plus one more term paper due. I mentioned this above a while ago; however, just wanted to reiterate my point again. after Thurs this week, I'll be home free, school-wsie that is.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Psh Thursday... lucky man, I am stuck till the 23rd... :'(.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Sounds good to me mista Zz i will keep it at 2 posts a week and i will realy try behave myself >>>> :angel:
Maybe the waxing of the super moon might have brought out the beast in us all >>>>
>>>>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/4V90AmXnguw