The Dark Moon (OOC)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Re: The Dark Moon (OOC)

Post by Biot-Savart »

The topic is also getting a bit messy and confusing for me with everybody heading in their own direction. Maybe we should start focusing on the quest at hand again?

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Oh I am coming back to you guys n gals very soon.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

well as a said i have been reading along, still no real place for Zilv. but i am slightly considering having Zarae meet up on accident; but with so many people and so many stories going within, still not sure if anyone I bring would fit it or just get left behind again.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Heck! I'm too confused as is to keep posting. Someone mind telling me how we went from camping in the wilderness, to taking rooms at some inn? What with everyone running off in multiple directions and the story itself seeming to have none, this RP looks to be falling apart as fast as it got started. If something doesn't begin making sense soon, I'm dropping out, and for good this time. I'm getting more headaches than inspiration every time there's a new post on the RP itself.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

You were teleported to someone's mansion, no?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Any attack or magic must be treated as an attempt, no action always works as poster plans.
On this last matter, it would appear that Grahl did not notice a post that attempted to teleport him. It is up to him to decide if the spell was successful.

Hopefully this item can be sorted out with out too much more confusion.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Okay, a teleportation spell explains going from one place to another, but it has seemed like the only person responding to any of my posts, has been Veraka. Perhaps time to pause the RP and explain what's been going on since after Krom arrived and helped smash some Thayans. Also, perhaps some discussion in this thread should be on-going about what's going on, since the RP seems to be bouncing all over the place. At least until everyone is moving forward toward the same objective, and our motley crew has become something more of a team depending on each other.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

I can agree with Krom on this matter; to start with, I still have half a squad of paladins as well as a gold dragon and Dwarf to see to getting back to their base. That aside, just thought I'd mention that life has been dealing me a rough hand right now. What with school coming to an end for me, I'm gonna be busier than hell with finals and term papers.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Re: The Dark Moon Part Deux

Post by Grahl »

((Please pardon me for posting a wholly OOC reply here, however, it occurs to me, that it appears none of you, or mostly none of you are even bothering to read the OOC thread for this RP. At least two of us are in agreement that there is need for a pause in the RP and OOC discussion and explanation on what's going on, some of us are too lost on current events in the RP to have a clue how to respond at this point))
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

I was asked to teleport every one to Luskon so i did so ... i inquired from Zyete if a manor house would work and he agreed.
Suru is a rich merchants wife and has residents in many ports.

Verake i do apologies for forgetting about all your other's, i will either teleport them in a revision or teleport you back to make arrangement for your men. ( what ever works for you is all good with me.)
The teleport was mention several times before it took place and know one voised any concerns so we went ahead with it
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

I think we need to do a little back-pedaling to be honest. For one thing this teleport is affecting everyone, it should have been discussed here rather than PMs with just Zyete. For that matter, has anyone considered how it might look to see an 8 foot minotaur in spiked full-plate armor suddenly appear in some inn, with a hammer as big as the average adult human?

In short, less planning in PMs and more in OOC thread so the rest of us can discuss it too.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="Grahl":1vs1dhf0]I think we need to do a little back-pedaling to be honest. For one thing this teleport is affecting everyone, it should have been discussed here rather than PMs with just Zyete. For that matter, has anyone considered how it might look to see an 8 foot minotaur in spiked full-plate armor suddenly appear in some inn, with a hammer as big as the average adult human?

In short, less planning in PMs and more in OOC thread so the rest of us can discuss it too.[/quote:1vs1dhf0]

IN an Inn yes, but this is someones manor. Anyways I don't understand the problem here. The thread is easy to follow if you read it. If you do not want to accept the teleport, then don't.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Tarlyn":3u6pq0c0][quote="Grahl":3u6pq0c0]I think we need to do a little back-pedaling to be honest. For one thing this teleport is affecting everyone, it should have been discussed here rather than PMs with just Zyete. For that matter, has anyone considered how it might look to see an 8 foot minotaur in spiked full-plate armor suddenly appear in some inn, with a hammer as big as the average adult human?

In short, less planning in PMs and more in OOC thread so the rest of us can discuss it too.[/quote:3u6pq0c0]

IN an Inn yes, but this is someones manor. Anyways I don't understand the problem here. The thread is easy to follow if you read it. If you do not want to accept the teleport, then don't.[/quote:3u6pq0c0]

*sighs* I went South a few pages ago, because it did not appear to flow well for me. I can not speak for others and there is nothing to moderate here.
What clearly appears to be a problem is some still in play are confused as to what is going on. It is not flowing well for them.
Some are happy with the play as on going, some clearly unhappy as well. Play is to strive for fun for all players. Right now it appears some players will drop out because not having fun in this play.
The OOC or PMs are provided to try to solve problems that some see or just feel. A comment about too many PMs would indicate to me that this thread likely needs to be used more one way or another. The disaffected players of course can resign, but if they go with a bitter taste it is less likely they would play with the other players in any other RP that might occur.

"A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light. Come in peace and live beneath the sun again where trees and flowers grow."
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Well either we can pause and help confused players catch up, or pause and let those who are confused try to catch up.

Otherwise, as Bhaern said, there will likely be more people dropping out of this thread. Quite possibly, even likely to avoid RP with certain other members, or not welcome them into some RPs. That is an eventuality that need not happen, and I'm trying to avoid.

Now then, that said, Tarlyn, I realize there's a lot lost in speaking with words alone, so I give the benefit of a doubt, that you meant no offense, but that last comment does come off sounding a little snobbish. I've been reading the thread, and am still confused.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Perhaps Grahl if you could be more specific as to what you are confused about then your confusion could be addressed, i have not as yet seen mentioned of what that might be except concerning the teleport and Bhaern Quel i think layed it out quite simply, it seems you do not except that.

As for avoiding RP with someone or not welcoming them into a RP thread, that is a prerogative anyone is entitled to take.
There are some writers that will not be compatible with others this is inevitable and should not be offensive.

Yet i find your comment about Tarlyn a little snobbish and uncalled-for

As for to many Pm we were chatting, as we often do we are friends. I asked about the teleport and made a suggestion it was agreeable...can't see a need here to report to occ thread.
I hope this can end this isue 8)