"Test Run!" OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

"Test Run!" OOC

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Hello. Kinda forgot about setting OOC topic for this.

As reply for those who wonder who they should enter with... Anyone who has no troubles coming though simple farmlands to get somewhere on their way. It will be fun to see how vampires, thri-keen or trolls will try that, though do follow RP guidelines. ;)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Had a liberty of editing post to give action to other posters. Sorry if I am late, I was writing my post in hurry.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Hmmm... I am not really sure. Did Veraka and co. encounter with Agmasek? Sounds like we need time to sort it out. Oh, and feel free to use NPC militia as you see fit. I did not even give them name yet.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Nevermind last bit.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

............................Boy, now I know why homebrew paladins give problems to everyone. :bored: No offense meant.

Still, annoying NPCs is a sure way to get killed. Careful, everyone.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Vailintine is back! Hooray!

Eagerly anticipating what the crew will do with fine brew.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: "Test Run!" OOC

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Edit added.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

[youtube:3883fjwi]oBD63LTJDOA[/youtube:3883fjwi]

Ahem, awfully lonely replying to yourself all the time, no? I've watched the Test Run! thread with much interest. I can't see Skrach showing up in a place like that, Virgil maybe... but I'd need a time frame reference. If it's after the Time of Troubles, I could very well see an opening to introduce some concept characters that I've been cooking up. Virgil's twin daughters, one named after Neriah, Veraka's wife, and the other Carah.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I am okay. It seems many feel themselves pretty well putting OOC with IC threads. Though it looks like I should do the same, I feel very strange ignoring OOC section since it exists for that. It is set in typical time period of 1370s of DR.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Guys? What is that? Slots are not referred IC. It is only mechanical thing for players to make spell system explainable.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Don't worry so much about small entries of game mechanics dear, dissecting other people's writing can be pretty offensive, and besides that, small OOC comments in IC threads are extremely common, and little mentions of these details are too.

Look at it this way, you know now with relative certainty, that Vail's druid character is in the very least being played by campaign rules, and kept fair, instead of having a seemingly endless supply of spells, which druid characters do not. Just like wizards and clerics, they have to select and prepare their spells in advance, and have a pretty limited number. At the very most, you can safely assume it's even a written out character sheet that's being used.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

To be honest, I never expect something like 'unlimited magic'. My apologies if someone was offended by this.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

To answer the PM and, probably, curiosity of some players who may be interested. As per first post, this is village of Harrowsmith, location I created to make a RP from a blank without using home location advantages from any player side. It is located in Sword Coast, in certain distance to the east, far from big cities of the region.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Each play develops, in general the idea power levels are about the same. That no PC (or player) always saves the day. There are those that seek a different play style as to access to magic and all other things that one gets involved in. A Freeflow tends to fall apart quickly when one PC is much higher in power then all others. In a campainge it still might be a problem, however the players sign up for DM rules and if DM brings in high power NPC or allows a PC to become very power compared to the other PCs it gets interesting.

In either style of play of course the player can remove their PCs, best way posting IC departing, worst way never posting again.

Some play has stopped because a user was away unexpected, computer meltdown, a visit to the Middle East for 1 months, and so on. We have a core that have endured for years even if gone a week or two from time to time.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Alrighty. ;)

Now, waiting for posts.