[Campaign] Forward through Eternity

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Baahhh, I don't think there is any bad time to post. I mean i just got my 4 wisdom teeth pulled, and I'm gonna post
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

At least one post a day would be nice. You know, from at least one other person then I.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Cipherof3vil":871ecl2k]At least one post a day would be nice. You know, from at least one other person then I.[/quote:871ecl2k]

A goal of a post per week is more realist.
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

For a site with 800+ registered users? Bah!

We had only twenty players on another site I frequented in which there was at least five or so in a bad day.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

half of those sign up, but never come back. and active users, we have maybe 20 posters...

ok, so if my lythari is getting used, how can i bring her in?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

However you wish. Though for quicker story integration, You can start off already on the side of either Ninja or Pirate on the island Ashmole which has three towns.

Ashweather, the main town-city which shares the islands theme is plagued by Ashfalls from the volcano in the center of the island which is rather active. Ashfalls occur semi-frequently, maybe four or so times a month. Though the average wind pulls it only towards this town, the others don't have nearly as much of a problem with it. Its major output are the Diamond mines, and Hot Springs.
Town type small city
Population 5909
GP Limit 10770
Wealth 6367224
Authority Class warrior
Authority Level 8
Authority Title sherriff
Full Time Guards 59
Conscriptable 295

Diclon. smaller town, Main feature is the docs. Diclon has the largest docs on the island (Well, Ashmole doesn't have any, being more inland.) As such, its attraction are the Shipbuilders and fishers.
Town type small town
Population 1851
GP Limit 322
Wealth 59698
Authority Class warrior
Authority Level 1
Authority Title sherriff
Full Time Guards 18
Conscriptable 92

Janetton. Janetton is on the other side of the mountain from Ashmole, it doesn't suffer from nearly as many Ashfalls, But just enough that the ground remains very fertile. The village of Janetton is one of farmers, and people who work land to produce food enough to supply themselves and the other two while allowing exports. Between them and Diclon, The island can work fine without support from outside sources.
Town type village
Population 740
GP Limit 181
Wealth 13430
Authority Class warrior
Authority Level 2
Authority Title constable
Full Time Guards 7
Conscriptable 37
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Cipherof3vil":1us4wviu]For a site with 800+ registered users? Bah!

We had only twenty players on another site I frequented in which there was at least five or so in a bad day.[/quote:1us4wviu]

Every so often I ask Shir'ly to do house cleaning. Many names on list are from time registered, never posted, I deleted one post recently from a spammer that has one post, in addition there are some users that have not posted for over a year. You can look at membership list and sort it to discover number of posts in order, last time online and so on.

Before last Spring cleaning we had some where near 1,000 users. So,e clearly were bots.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

well, being that lythari are pacifist, she would be a neutral party and thus neither side.

so maybe i should play my evil szarki?
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Well, neither Ninja nor Pirate are "evil"

This is Ninja v Pirate, not Good v Evil. (for now)

So being an evil character wouldn't really have any benefits. Only Social flaws (Nobody likes the bad guy)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

its more the 'not fighting issue' than evil-good issue that i was refering to.

but i guess i'll go with ninja side who is trying to get peace between the two?
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

At this point, I really don't care. It always annoys me when there isn't a single post for days after I make a thread. Makes me feel.... Like I finished giving a speech and the audience just stares at me blankly as I shuffle away from their gaze....
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

it is sad. i've gotten use to it. im guessing everyone is doing summer things? yeah im waiting on so many post to go before i can.

anyway, i'll think of something and get a post up later this evening/night.

unless i get the idea sooner, then be up then.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Psh, summer things, I wish. Nope I have spent the last 4 days in a painkiller induced headache, so I've avoided my computer as much as I could. ANYWAYS... I am probably going to end up a ninja, despite a bug like Tak-tha would fail as a ninja more than Naruto...
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Shezbron, Your down playing the Shiroiryuu far to much.

[quote:1fgszt7r]
They had tried to take his gear, but the terrible hiss that escaped from Tak's mandibles, and the size of the mandibles themselves made them reconsider that course of action.
[/quote:1fgszt7r]

They don't try. They do or die in the process.

[quote:1fgszt7r]
At first they had run from the terrifying almost 6 and a half foot mantis like thing,
[/quote:1fgszt7r]

Even the Students, beginner ninja, know to not show fear. To do so is to recieve no food for the day and five lashings. In the students.
Genin (New ninja, non-student) recieve no food for three days and ten lashings.
Chuunin (the next step) Recieve no food for a week, water every other day, and twenty lashings.
Jounin (The highest, Non-Masterlike rank) Would be demoted, no food for a week, water every two days, fourty lashings.

So fear is pretty much killed out of them.

Also. High rank missions cannot be shared with lesser ranked.
Students: D-rank or lower.
Genin: C-rank or lower
Chuunin: B-rank or lower, Occasional A-rank.
Jounin: A-Rank or lower, occasional S-rank.
S-Class: Jounin who are of great skill in one particular area, while still jounin they may participate in S-rank missions that require their particular skill.
Sannin: Ninja of great skill. No official ranking system for them, they are chosen by the Kage in person. Usually reserved for S-rank missions, but when none are available they go off on A-ranks.

ANBU:
(By now I'm sure some have noticed I've stolen Naruto's rank system xD )
Special ninja chosen by a covert, secret-secret group as police of the ninja world.

Hunter-nin:
Specialized ninja trained in tracking, finding, cornering and destroying rogue ninja who are potentially a threat to the ninja's secrecy. the "missing-nin" who are ninja who flee, or think themselves to good for their clan.

Anti-Nin:
Ninja who specialize in the killing of other ninja.

Sea-Nin:
Ninja who specialize in commanding the seas and stealthy ship-based missions.
Used as keystones in anti-pirate missions.

Kage:
Leader of a large group of ninja.

Genokage:
Currently the head of the Shiroiryuu, and has bean for thirty years. He employs fifteen Kage who control sections of ninja for him, Much like Kings vs an Emperor.
the Genokage's location is unknown to all but the Kage.