Step out of darkness into light

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Step out of darkness into light

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

My idea is simple freeform play.. Qilues mother and her companions, not sure to play through their conversion to eilistraee or not, but at least play through their banishment, and travel to the surface... their bonding, their hardships, their letting go of incorrect ideas from their old lifestyles.

Might have some innuendo I think

And possibly latter on go through qilues birth and such.

sound interesting?
Last edited by Kirintha the Fair on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I thought Halisstra's family were all dead except for Q'uarlynd. Her mother was killed by one of Halisstra's sisters, and the House later fell, IIRC. Even Q'uarlynd was thought to be dead, but had been taken as a slave by another House.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Sorry I MISSTYPED I FEEL LIKE SUCH A WAEL!!!

I meant Qilues... I'd like to tell the story of her parents and her fellow priestesses ascending to the surface.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

If you're talking about some odd-ball drow trying to find their way [b:2umh4t6r]away[/b:2umh4t6r] from Lolth, count me in, though not sure when it'll be up and what not.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

ok actualy I mean QilueVeladorns mother, and her companions, (and to a degree yes discussing the circumstances of qilues birth)

It was probaly the largest mass exodus of Eilistraeeans in history... while not inifinite in size, by any means I think it would be big enough to accompany both PC's and a sizablegroup of NPCs.

Im going for freeform with this since battles wont really matter, the battle their fighting is within, if that makes sense.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

well hows this sound for rules.

Freeform play.

NO GODMODDING.

While I said freeform play, where it matters, we'll use2nd editions Cosmology. (this is to say, Eilistraee'srealm is Svartalfheim in Ysgard, not "2 realms, one in arvandor one in the demon web pits")

As some guidelines

I will NOT require you declare ALL your powers, education etc in advance... but bringing in new ones often will irk me, more then a little. Try to specify at least the general range of your powers and such in advance.

Chars from either gender accepted. Im pretty sure a few craftsmen, and such teamed up.

Try having a backstory, were you an assasin, a smith an apocthery.

Were you a member of a secret elistraee cult for a long time... or someone with a life stained by evil deeds, moved to repent?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":3gq78w9a]Sorry I MISSTYPED I FEEL LIKE SUCH A WAEL!!!

I meant Qilues... I'd like to tell the story of her parents and her fellow priestesses ascending to the surface.[/quote:3gq78w9a]

Let me see, I know there is a link someplace.

Her mother was headed toward the surface well carrying. The hardship of travel being such that the fetus died. Eilistraee and Mystra made a deal.

[quote:3gq78w9a]Qilue was born to a drow female and prominent worshipper of Eilistraee. Elue Shundar, the mortal host of Mystra, died before Mystra/Shundar could carry the seventh child, Qilue, to full term. And so, a new mother had to be found before Mystra's own power consumed the child. Mystra set about looking for another suitable womb for the unborn Qilue, and found Iliryztara Veladorn. Veladorn was also pregnant but her adventuring ways had resulted in the death of her own unborn child -- she was not aware of this however -- and as a result, her own life was threatened because of it. Mystra decided to replace Iliryztara's dead unborn child with Qilue, thus saving both Qilue's and Iliryztara's lives.

However, Eilistraee had plans for Iliryztara and her unborn child. Mystra, thus, sought permission from Eilistraee about whether the Goddess of Mysteries could intervene in Veladorn's life. Eilistraee agreed and Qilue was placed in Iliryztara's womb. When Qilue was born, she was born a drow and servant of both Mystra and Eilistraee.

This is explained fully in The Seven Sisters. [/quote:3gq78w9a]

Later after birth there was a small Eilistraee that Qilue grew up in until she and her playmates were called to the Promenade. The community failed at some point in time.

I am not aware of any more information concerning Iliryztara Veladorn. It might be she died defending community after Qilue left, she might have made it to the surface and lives there yet.
If still living I am sure her daughter and her get together from time to time.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

I know that BASIC bit, actually... I was just wanting to RP throguht hte story, to fill in the blanks, as it seems like a story far morthy of being told, then some of the things they make novels out of.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":wr3d3v2d]I know that BASIC bit, actually... I was just wanting to RP throguht hte story, to fill in the blanks, as it seems like a story far morthy of being told, then some of the things they make novels out of.[/quote:wr3d3v2d]

Certainly the story can be played, at some point Iliryztara Veladorn was born, got pregnant (might not have had husband as such things does not matter that much in the realms), clearly was devoted to the Dark Maiden (likely a Cleric) and adventured hard.
She it appears does not know of substitution, at least when it occurred.

There is much that can be played working around that.
The coming to faith, the adventures, marriage or not, more adventures, giving birth, founding the Eilistraee community (Leader of follower), life in the community, playmates (building families that provided them and so on).
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Thing is, we need ot pick a point to begin.

My tenative choice, would be not long before the banishment.

"underground worship, and conversions" is all fun and all, but could drag on for (RL) years.

heres some starting points I have thought up.

Start a few days before the events leading to their banishments, to let them flesh themselves out a bit.

Start, with the incident where they "Refuse to kneel before priestesses of lloth" Starting ona note of defiance.

Start with them right outside the city, start with a note of impoversihment but also hope as they are ripped from everything ethey, are, and yet hope to create a new begining.

Thoughts?
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

im interested in joining. tho confused slightly. maybe b/c i know so little of that far back in the history.

this occures millenia before most our current characters exist right? so what kinda RP and characters and what not you lookin for?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well no one gets banished from failure to kneel to Lolth, they get killed on the altar if possible.

To start of setting up [quote:29vjgyld] Buiyrandyn-a small, poor gathering of drow families too small to be considered a city[/quote:29vjgyld]

The community no longer exists, there appears to be enough families to maintain a town. That could be something like 4,000 good aligned Drow.

Clearly enough families to have 20 young females to be called to service.

I would think, instead of banishment, a group of families decided to separate, trying to move far enough to be safe. The community did not survive, however we do not know why.

This might be a good starting point, building the community.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

5 centuries before, actualy

and I'd like chars of various types, but some archetypical ideas that might get you thinking

(these are SUGGESTIONS not requirements)

Apostate Priestess: a Priestess of lloth, who, for whatever reason, has answered the call of Eilistraee, likely done so in utter secrecy.

likely still feels some guilt over past evil deeds.

Craftsmen: Could be anything from blacksmith, to apocthery, to glass blower, you name it. While having faith in eilistraee, you know you wont ever recieve as much glory as the priestesses, and yet you accpet your place likely with great grace, as your services will help build a new civilization.

Noble: from high birth, you likely still have some degree of aaragonce, and entitlement, tempered somewhat by your newfound faith in eilistraee, and perhaps just perhaps a genuine degree of noblisse oblige.

Soldier: you've trained for war, yet have found you need combat to serve a purpose... your generally humble, and comfortable with a hierchy, yet disdain excess.

Merchant: Your used to a fairly comfortable life, your faith was likely strong indeed, for you to risk your posh existence, for it.

You still long on some level to recreate such an existence, but will also serve the priestesses, by acting (perhaps with help from wizards using transformation or illusion spells) as an emissary to trade goods.

again, all of these are SUGGESTIONS not requirements.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

5 centuries? thats not as far back as i thought. so ok.
thats bout the time Jaelre on the surface was founded (related to my character) and those kicked out/fled Menzo for being apostate.

i'll have to think up a character. or maybe use mine only change her and make this non-'canical' for her speficially...or maybe play her mother
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

ehhehehehe. . . .he? Yeah, about that; 5 centuries IS kinda a long time, by any standards, especially my chars. Forgive me if I say that I might not be able to participate in this one.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix