Character Bio-History: Elghinn Orbb

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Character Bio-History: Elghinn Orbb

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

I have started working on a character and will be adding him asap. I hope to have it up by morning, but will have both his character bio, as well as the storyline behind him so hopefully he can be plugged into something :)

I haven't had this much fun in a while :)
Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

(Here is a profile. Mind you its been a while since I have done one that hasn't been in the standard format of a character sheet. I am hoping to have the background history together tonight and up by morning. Feel free to critique, comment etc. Thank you in advanced )

[b:19gu2aib]Name:[/b:19gu2aib] Elghinn Orbb (Formerly known as Izz’Quil Mizzrym)

[b:19gu2aib]Race:[/b:19gu2aib] Drow (Half-Drow, See Background history)

[b:19gu2aib]Class:[/b:19gu2aib] Base-Class Sword-Mage. (Formerly Fighter/Invoker) Shielding Sword-Mage Style (Formerly Blade-Singer)

[b:19gu2aib]Alignment:[/b:19gu2aib] Chaotic Neutral. Tendencies depend on the variation of mood and circumstances will range from Neutral, Evil, and Good.

[b:19gu2aib]Physical Description:[/b:19gu2aib] Elghinn stands 6’3” in height, and has an athletic build to him. There are a couple of features to him that makes him unique amongst the Drow. The first is his height. He is slightly taller than all the Drow in the City of Chauslinn. There is hint to him being something other than being a full Drow; however it has not been discovered yet. His second feature is his eyes. They are silver with flecks of red and black throughout the iris and his pupils show a slight flame in them. The last feature is his hair. His hair is long and has a single braid that lies on top of his silver hair. The braid is an intermingle of a red and black hue. It has been magically altered to whenever the hair is tied back in the braid; its appearance is of the black and red braided together. His most notable feature is his appearance. He looks no older than his third century, however in actuality he is over 11th century.

[b:19gu2aib]Equipment:[/b:19gu2aib] Adventuring backpack with an assortment of items in it (Detailed below), rune-adorned black leather armor (Description to follow), an enchanted rune-etched long sword which when drawn has a purple glow with wisps of black and red circulating the blade (description to follow)
[i:19gu2aib][u:19gu2aib]Barra An'ar[/u:19gu2aib][/i:19gu2aib]: This Long sword passed down through the ages, founded by Izz’Quil during an excursion to an abandoned tower in the ancient city of Chauslinn is a sentient sword enhanced by the hatred of the old god Ghaunadaur towards Lolth. It is an enhanced blade crafted in a rare darksteel metal, the runes etched in the blade from the ichors of a shadow dragon with the use of a talon nail. Of the 5 Runes etched in the blade, currently only one of those runes is known to Elghinn. The blade allows him to double the amount of spells he may cast. [i:19gu2aib](Game Mechanics, it is a +3 blade and allows double spells from 1st-3rd level, more runes to be determined by the GM)[/i:19gu2aib]
[i:19gu2aib][u:19gu2aib]Ih'ara d'veldrin[/u:19gu2aib][/i:19gu2aib]: Refers to the full body Black leather armor worn by Izz’Quil. The Armor was crafted by the leathery wings of a deep dragon. Due to the suspended animation of the armor, it was infused with the shadow essence of the shadow dragons upon their rule of the City of Chauslinn during the year of the Shambling Shadows. Until recently, the suit of armor remained hidden, half way in the prime plane, the other half on the shadow plan. Upon Izz’Quill’s awakening and his name change, he took the armor as his own. When he placed it on him, it molded to him like a second skin. [i:19gu2aib] (Game Mechanics: +3 Leather Armor of Blending. Acts as if a haste spell has been placed upon him, increasing his melee attacks, as well as his ability to cast spells.)[/i:19gu2aib]
[i:19gu2aib][u:19gu2aib]Backpack:[/u:19gu2aib][/i:19gu2aib] Standard Travelling backpack. Hammer, pitons, blanket, pouch full of darkfire pellets, food rations, water and wine skins. Journal, inks, pens. Whetstones, pouches for components for spells, and holding coins.

[b:19gu2aib]Magical Items:[/b:19gu2aib] Ones of notes have already been mentioned. A few minor ones would include his pack. It is a backpack of holding and can instantly when hand is put into bag; put what is needed by the thoughts of the wearer.

[i:19gu2aib][u:19gu2aib]A ring made of Red Steel:[/u:19gu2aib][/i:19gu2aib] This ring, a last semblance of the savage coast has the ability to lessen the dihibilitating effects of lack of sleep, air, water and other effects.

[i:19gu2aib][u:19gu2aib]Piawafi:[/u:19gu2aib][/i:19gu2aib] Standard Drow Cloak. This cloak however is enchanted so that the wearer has the ability to communicate in Deep Dragon, Shadow Dragon and gives an inherent protection against the illithids known to dwell in the UnderDark.
Elghinn Orbb
Maid
Maid

Post by Elghinn Orbb »

Izz’Quil Mizzrym is not as his name states, from a ruling house in the city of Chauslinn. He is in fact, far from that. During the Year of Shambling Shadows, the city of Chauslinn came under attack from shadow dragons. The Drow Elves were sought out and enslaved by the shadow Dragons. Almost to the brink of destruction the Drow became under the shadow dragons. Several centuries passed.

Izz'Quil was the child of a Drow female and a Shadar-kai male. This was first thought to be impossible due to the pull of the shadow plane on the soul. During this time as Izz'Quil was kept as a Drow Slave, in which he learned skills in magic and fighting. As he grew, he was noticeably taller than the regular Drow elves. During his early youth Izz'Quil was fortunate to be trained as a fighter. His exceptional gift of magic, made him a valuable asset. Upon completion of his training, he was given a quest to complete. This quest involved a tower that was seen in his dream. After arriving at the tower, he fought in a battle with a drow assassin sent to kill him. The battle took several hours and at the end, Izz'Quil dispatched the assassin, but not before he suffered a wound from the dagger. The wound was not lethal, however due to Izz'Quil's shadow heritage, it put him into a stasis that lasted for centuries.

While in the comatose state, his body was kept alive due to the contact with the shadow plane. After many centuries his body awoken. He is unaware of the time, nor the changes that has occurred. Only thing he has found was a long sword and a set of Leather Armor. His recollection of the past was at the moment after the battle, yet it is different. He cannot put the pieces together and is in search for answers. Taking the sword as his own, and the armor, he heads to where a Drow would seek answers.....Menzoberranzan....

(Not as clear as I would have like it to have been. When one works 3rd shift and goes to school in during the day, well you know :). Anyways, I would love some feedback and critiquing as it has been a while since I have done this.)