Curiousity Question

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":x31nickp]if you've read that many books, you ahead of me...:D most of what i know is from RPing with others in here or on those websites (i usually gotta look stuff up)

well, some weeks are busy, other weeks and months are slow. its been a slow few weeks/months. my guessing is classes (i know i have finals next week so i will be slow being here). my hope is after all the classes, we get folks back.

as for where to post, the OOC (out of character) is where most post character sheets and things related to RP's tend to go.

general forum, is basically the miscellaneous stuff. some post a hello as their first character sheet then dig into their character. some use the general forum.[/quote:x31nickp]

Sorreh, didn't notice you replied already *hour late, been reading more on Psychic Skills*

So even though there aren't general threads for "New Members Post Here" you just post a "Hi!" thread randomly in general?
Oh well. No need for that now anyway.

So.. I just make a new thread in the Out of Character to house my character sheets? and it doesn't matter what kind of template I use?

And what if I want to join a rp? just post a "hiya" in the OOC for the game?
Or would someone message in my ooc character thread saying they'd like the character in their game.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote:o7n4xbfo]So even though there aren't general threads for "New Members Post Here" you just post a "Hi!" thread randomly in general? [/quote:o7n4xbfo]
haha...basically.
[quote:o7n4xbfo]
So.. I just make a new thread in the Out of Character to house my character sheets? and it doesn't matter what kind of template I use? [/quote:o7n4xbfo]
ditto to above. thats what everyone does. tho technically one doesnt have to post a sheet. its just helpful to get an idea of the character.
[quote:o7n4xbfo]And what if I want to join a rp? just post a "hiya" in the OOC for the game? [/quote:o7n4xbfo]
most, you can just join in with a post, unless it says to specifically message first or be asked, theres only 1 i know of at the moment of that status.

some folks either ask on the OOC RP related page or PM someone from the interested RP saying they wanna join (that way an enterance scene can possibly be set if needed).
if theres nothing that suits your interest, can always start your own also.

if any of the elders/vertern get on, they would better answer questions that i am. i sorta a newbie...well maybe novice is the better word...;)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hey Cipher, ok since Inriia has said this already, but I'll repeat it with a little clarity.

To join in an RP, there's really two types on Chosen; one is an RP, which is to say that you can join in at really anytime, and when you want, though it is a courtesy when you let the maker of that RP know that you're joining in. The other kind of RP we have is a Campaign, in which there is an actual DM controlling the entire settting, plot, and every player's actions, if the DM says so.

In the case of a campaign, You [b:18m6s3kw]must[/b:18m6s3kw] obtain the DM's permission before joining, though most, if not all people are pretty laid back about that kind of thing.

As Inriia has already pointed out though, it is best if you locate the OOC of that RP that you're looking at and give it a quick look-over. then you have an idea as to which RP's are active and which are not much anymore.

Hope this helps and welcome to the boards, Cipher :)
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Where should you post? Well, I guess that would depend on what your interests are. We have the General Discussions forum, which covers everything from politics to the weather and philosophical topics, the "Spreading Joy" forum, where we post fun or interesting things we come across, as well as music, art and other stuff we wish to share.

There are the RP forums, of course, which is our primary reason for being here, one imagines, since we are all either gamers or storytellers, or both. There is a Story forum, should you wish to share some of your fictional creations. Theological discussions (based on FR or D&D deities, not RL) have their own forum as well, and anything out of character but related to RP's goes into the OOC forum. Hope that helps out. Also, Vendui, and welcome!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188