Darkness Falls OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

*ECHO!*

and because of no real reason:

[img:uua3o147]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... owfire.png[/img:uua3o147]

simular to Dancing Shiv, just missing the wavy pattern and the swirly mixed metal look...[/size:uua3o147]

ok, i'm really hopeing that one of these RP's I'm in..wakes up? is that the word i want?

-end random rambling-
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

[quote:1rfwbovh]Also, Lothir was using bardic music ability, so everyone gets a +1 to rolls from that. You're welcome, guys![/quote:1rfwbovh]

Yesss... thank you, I can hit those level 3 trash mob people now. Thank you bard, by the way have you seen the Gamers 2?
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

2? I've not even seen the first one. don't get to watch many movies. here- too much else on my plate, and no decent place to rent/buy movies other than the 5$ bin at Wal-Mart.... Yes, I'm cheap- can't afford to be otherwise....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Its up on youtube, here is the link for the first part, the quality isnt GREAT, but you can see well enough. Its a good show of a bard's ability.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhOBg3p ... d:2kakcp0k]Gamers 2 Part 1[/url:2kakcp0k]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

a duck was about to cross the road when a chicken came running up and said... "don't do it man ... you will never here the end of it." now he dreams of the day a chicken can cross the road without having his motives questioned.
====

divulging the mind in the complexities of t... ooo look a kitty
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

HELLO! *echo*

*sigh*

i found some rules for [url=https://docs.google.com/View?id=dksbzwn ... m:1xvit004]Sava[/url:1xvit004]

just wandering where everyone went.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Re: Darkness Falls OOC

this will get going, this will get going again
*clicks moccasins*

well, i aint got red shoes.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Heheh, you're right, it will get going again, and V if you're reading this before my IM reaches you, I have two plausible entries into this RP.
(One) Though I hadn't thought of it until now, this all being so close to Cormyr, I have one character already that was born to this region, and has been away from it since childhood, and he may be a bastard, but he's a royal bastard. Not many people know this secret, except the priests of the nearest Selune temple. After the events of Children and free to roam the surface again, Skrach has no reason to return to Calimport, and would likely return about his original quest, and poor sense of direction, of trying to find that mysterious land of his birth. IF this thread might be likely to bring about the answers to his past that he's been seeking, I could see him finding his way here. Once more ending up in the company of Drow, a race that still causes him equal measures of hate and fear.

(Two) I'll use the pair of sisters we discussed earlier in IMs.

Cara & Neriah Stahne, twin daughters of Virgil Stahne, and the only woman who could ever get him to lower his guard, Shar, that one succubus that was always on his side.

Cara Stahne
Rogue/Swashbuckler Multicalss
She favors classic rapier and dagger fighting style, and sticks to dark leather armor, relying more on skill and dexterity, than thick and heavy armor to keep her safe. Her bravado in melee with most humanoids, and particularly males, is only surpassed by her skills in stealth, handling of locks and traps, and awareness of surroundings. Also she is well skilled with disguises, this along with stealth, all part of growing up in a world where going outside for either one, meant knowing how to hide signs of her heritage, and more importantly, her sister's.

Neriah Stahne
Warlock/Hellfire Warlock (Prestige Class)
So named is she, as she is the first female child in the Stahne bloodline to carry the power of a Warlock. After his adventures with Veraka, and seeing a half-demon woman with the noble paladin, whom proved to him that heritage alone does not make an evil tiefling, it seemed fitting to Virgil to name this daughter, the one who gives him sudden hope that somehow the chain of his family curse might be broken, a namesake that belongs to another of similar heritage. And should she meet the first Neriah, perhaps it would be vindicating to know that such a tormented man thought so highly of her. Though this Neriah's fiendish heritage is Tanar'ri in origin, she has still managed to harness the chosen Prestige Class, drawn a great deal on emphasis of the Brimstone Blast invocation, and channeling that power in varied ways. Most terrible of all, ability to summon and command once per day, a random but sufficiently powerful Baatezu as an ally in battle. This summoning lasts until battle is ended, or she falls in battle.

Both sisters have in common, a worship of Sharess ( a deity further explained below), a love of cats of all kinds, to such extent as that anyone who kills or injures them in anything but self-defense, may not have long to live if they have any say in the matter, of course their personalities take a great deal after the seductive nature of their mother, but also the wisdom and experience of their father. This tempering of their personalities, makes them just as dangerous for some men to resist as for others to give in to. There's no telling when a double-teaming seduction is genuinely aimed at mutual pleasure, and when it will end up with their victim tied to a chair, naked, and either interrogated or gagged, while they make off with their freedom, and perhaps some coin, or evidence of their trickery by preying on the weaknesses of less than virtuous men. Also, while most tielfings who have a tail merely have something with a furry tuft of spaded shape at the end, both of theirs takes after the wyvern-like stinger their mother has. Thankfully Cara knows how to hide their tails and horns, in convincing disguises of which fail to hide only two things, that they're obviously twins, and have a dusky red shade to their skin, but this color could easily be from any number of far less supernatural inter-racial pairings. As with most twins that are really close, the typical odd phenomena apply, such as finishing eachother's sentences, 'sensing' when the other is hurt, or in trouble. They're a team, practically joined at the hip, so to speak, and share just about everything. It IS possible to turn them against each other, but only for so long, for when they realize how they've been played, the only thing they won't have an easy time agreeing on is how the person to cause this is going to die. Naivete is a sweet temptation for them to toy with, so the young men rescued from slavery, if having to travel in company of these two, might need a word of caution from a Paladin about the dangers of such ladies.

For those, like a Paladin, who refuse to work with evil people, Cara, is a Chaotic Good sort, and he sister is Chaotic Neutral, with good tendencies. They just don't often play by the rule of laws very well, or only when it suits them.

(Sharess, also known as "The Dancing Lady" and "Mother of Cats", is the deity of hedonism, sensual fulfillment, festhalls, and cats. She is depicted as a beautiful, voluptuous woman with the head of a cat. She has the individualistic and hedonistic personality of a feline and she is constantly grooming herself to ensure her appearance is always up to standards. Her clergy run many feasthalls throughout large cities, which seek to indulge every pleasure imaginable. She was originally known as Bast, a Mulhorandi patroness of cats, who subsumed the portfolio of Felidae. She fell under the sway of Shar for a time, though she was freed by Sune during The Time of Troubles.)
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Followers of Sharess? oh, FUN! Guess our resident bard better watch out- married or not, he is weak against feminine wiles!!

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Married, huh? gee... doesn't sound as naive as human juvenile boys or young men, but don't be too jealous dear it takes a special kinda guy to hold their interest for very long. Maybe one of those young men taking orders from Veraka are naive and virtuous enough that, while physical virtues might vanish, mentally and personality-wise, they never lose it. An adorable pet to get wrapped around their fingers, find out their real heritage and not even care afterward.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Okay some extra details for the twins, since they seem to be the favorites for me joining in, and some small modifications.

Carah Stahne CG worshiper of Sharess
Tiefling
Rogue 5/Swashbuckler 7/Duelist 1
[b:2wow4yvz]Feats: [/b:2wow4yvz]Weapon Focus (Rapier), Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Luck of Heroes, Weapon Finesse (Class abilities to follow as soon as I find reference materials again.)
[b:2wow4yvz]Primary Skills:[/b:2wow4yvz] Appraise, Bluff, Craft Alchemy, Craft Traps, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Hide, Lore, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Tumble, & Use Magic Device
[b:2wow4yvz]Items:[/b:2wow4yvz] "Drought" and "Ruin" (rapiers) [Drought: Material=Cold Iron, Keen, On Hit: 1d6 Dessication Damage (2d6 for water elementals and creatures similarly comprised of mostly water)] [Ruin: Material=Alchemical Silver, Keen, On Hit: Rust (as Rust Monster ability)], Masterwork Disguise Kit, Lesser Amulet of the Master, Thieves' Tools +6
[b:2wow4yvz]Party Position:[/b:2wow4yvz] Alone with her sister, either scouting alone, or tank. With a larger party, solitary scout, or mid-range defender picking off what gets by the party tank(s) and defending spell-casters and other ranged combatants, or non-combatants.

Neriah Stahne CG worshiper of Sharess
Tiefling
Warlock 10/Hellfire Warlock 3
[b:2wow4yvz]Feats:[/b:2wow4yvz] Weapon Focus (Ranged Touch Attack), Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Dash, Stealthy, (Class Feats and abilities)
[b:2wow4yvz]Class abilities of note:[/b:2wow4yvz] High resistances to cold and fire damage, DR 2/Cold Iron, Hellfire Blast, Hellfire Shield, Summon Baatezu, Fiendish Resilience 1
[b:2wow4yvz]Invocations:[/b:2wow4yvz] Tier 1 - Dark One's Own Luck, See The Unseen, Draining Blast Tier 2 - Hellrime Blast, Brimstone Blast, Eldritch Chain Tier 3 - Chilling Tentacles, Devour Magic, Vitriolic Blast Tier 4 - Word of Changing
[b:2wow4yvz]Skills:[/b:2wow4yvz] Bluff, Craft Alchemy (slightly better than Carah), Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate (low but required for Hellfire Warlock), Lore, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device (much better than Carah) --- Low cross-class ranks in Hide, and Move Silently.
[b:2wow4yvz]Items:[/b:2wow4yvz] Studded Leather Armor, Healing Kits, Masterwork Alchemist Toolkit (w/ cushioned oak case for safe storage and transport), no weapons needed.
[b:2wow4yvz]Party Position:[/b:2wow4yvz] Alone with Carah, usually behind or at range in hostile territory. In a larger party, usually between Carah, and other casters or ranged combatants.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Hey, I said married, not DEAD...... :angel: And he's always been a sucker for a pretty face and huge, er, tracts of land.... :devil: :p

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Say, I kinda need to know if these two can get past the wards around this inn or not, before the RP gets much further. I mean it's not like whoever set them was expecting these two to show up one day... i don't think anyway, but there's not many criteria I can think of that would stop them, short of falling into some sort of very specific criteria, suggesting these are some really complex wards. If the twins can get through, even if they don't attack or show themselves to be there on the business they are, I'm thinking the brief acquaintance might be interesting. Besides, they don't know their mark is an old friend of their father's.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

*whistles*

:queen:
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Yes Inriia, I know; quite a few people want to see this get back off the ground. So do I, it just takes time. Plus I'm heading out of state to see my sister at her graduation from boot camp. So not this weekend, but the next, the 3rd through the 5th. After that I'll attempt to get Darkness back up and running
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix