Darkness Falls OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

hey, curious, does anyone know if familars get longer life? im thinking now, my lizard is like 16-17 years old in this current RP and i wonder if thats something that would happen.

and i'm confused. drop me? maybe i'm brain fried from study and i missed the joke?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

A quick answer to your question, Inrii; familiar's generally live as long as the wizard/sorcerer that they're with does; so Zarstra, our infamous snooping scaly one, will prolly be recorded as Faerun's oldest lizard, non-draconic one, that is.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Actually, I seem to recall them living only slightly longer than an average creature of their type. I could be wrong. But iguanas often live for fifty years or more, so I think she's safe.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Well you said you are the pyro of the group... and since you are an arcane caster, you can make stuff go boom. Are you saying we drop you, instead of twenty pounds of oil of impact?

Speaking of oil of impact, I just thought of a fun new way to use it... relatively safely, and in very large quantities :devil: :devil: :devil:
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

oh, ok. now it makes since.

tho she could jump herself, done it a few times. free fall is fun. and with levitation and feather fall available. (and later her dragon, wings i think)
tho if pushed, there would be repercussions... ;)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

yall gunna laugh.
a year later, i realize i been leaving the '[i:10ncimdg]a[/i:10ncimdg]' off the short part of her name. Inriia is what i was supose to spell this whole stinkin time since that's the syllabus break up of her name- [i:10ncimdg]In:[/i:10ncimdg] enchanted [i:10ncimdg]riia:[/i:10ncimdg]chaotic [i:10ncimdg]ynrae:[/i:10ncimdg] rebel.
oh well. so if you see it spelled different thats why
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=red:2l7srmdy]OK!![/size:2l7srmdy][/color:2l7srmdy]
So after sometime wrestling with midterms and life in general, we're finally getting to a part in every good RP that I love to do; FIGHT!!

To start off, some battles in Darkness are going to be your fights that are akin to what some might expect for a party this size, 1 on 1, maybe 1 on 2, BUT all of the combatants are highly-trained and have master skills equivalent to our own IC.

The battle that I'm about to throw at the group is gonna be more of a larger scale combat; 1 to 5, possibly 1 to 7 odds. However there is going to be ONE minor difference.

I will not be DMing each combatants actions and reactions.[/size:2l7srmdy]

I'm experimenting with a new kind combat style for this campaign, which will be utilizing more free-form writting and MUCCHH, MUUUUCCCHHH more description and detail in the battle.

The way that I plan on going about these kinds of battles is as follows: to begin with, in my post that leads up to the fight scene initiation, I will [color=red:2l7srmdy]EXPLICITLY[/size:2l7srmdy][/color:2l7srmdy] say how many enemies there are that the party will be facing off with.

From that number, each player will choose a set number of opponents(NO MORE THAN 1/10 the number of enemies per character per player(unless I tell that player otherwise)) That means in laymans terms, take number of baddies, divide by 10 there's that number at max.
My reasoning for this is simple; 1: this is the first time I'm trying this, so I want to see how it works WITHOUT folks trying to lead an onslaught of taking down, 25 baddies by themselves; it don't work that way for this battle. Sorry.

Second, because this is a DESCRIPTIVE/DETAIL oriented combat style, I would LIKE to see and read some REALLY good posts by all the players. I know for fact that I love combat; so that being said, it's not as if the big group of enemies are all gonna be dumb dingdongs that don't know which end of sword to stick in their foe; there'll be higher level NPC's, I leave it up to the individual player to determine these NPC's within the boundaries that are set.

And LAst but not LEAST, I DO intend to READ that EACH and EVERY single character will take hits, EVEN Veraka; HE'S not a GOD, and WILL never be one, I assure you. THAT being said, EACH and EVERY single Character that I read in ALL posts WILL take HITS; I don't give a shit HOW skilled they are with their weapons, they will suffer SOME hits, and I and probably all the other readers out there, wish to read about that, and know about those hits.

Should I NOT see/read about any scuffs and scrapes that any character should be recieving, but ain't, I WILL ask that the poster re-edit their post to put some in there;

The base rule is: NONE of them are INVINCIBLE!! Hence forth; For different characters and their different positions will endure different amounts of damage; Palax and Veraka, being in heavy armor and frontline combatants, are likely gonna suffer far greater hits than Lothir or Drakin, or any of the spellcasters; simply put, YOUR position determines the number of hits that your character will endure.
Also, depending on the characters position, armor, weapons, and skills, SOME attacks might hurt a Shit-ton more than others, depending what I mentioned above for each character.
Such as, if Zana, or Inrii were to take smack from an unexpected greataxe flat-sided attack, it would probably hit A LOT harder to them than to Veraka or Palax. That's just my way of an example; hope everyone gets the idea.

Alright, if I think of anything else that needs to be put up, or someone thinks of something, let me know, PLEASE. Anywho, I'm gonna wait for everyone to make at least 1 post to the IC thread, then we'll proceed on.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

WOOT!!! :p Well, you won't have to worry about Lothir getting hit- he's got "Parker Luck", LOL!! (Yes, I AM a Spidey fan, so for those who don't know what "Parker Luck" is, let's just say it's the REALLY good/bad see-saw luck that the Web-slinger has!) Palax will probably take quite a few hits, too. He's sort of my heavy-hitter, and tends to get right in the thick of things.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

good thing i have lots and lots of fireballs....and my secret weapon that i aint revealed yet ;)

wait, am i gunna get smacked with an ax here?

and a question, you think Inriia should have that little '[i:37tr8ot3]coffer[/i:37tr8ot3]' she found in the explosive tower or not use it?
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Baahh, Jar-Jar luck beats Parker Luck.
But I think Elwyn's puppets can take beatings akin to Veraka while raging. Although I will probably have Elwyn actually fight in a couple of them seeing as he is like 80% metal and wood... but he is still a squishy little bastard. By the by, I kinda wanna bring Zyeke... or a character like him... the whole pacifism thing would probably go pretty well with the whole good people thing... and I'm kind of running out of insane things for Elwyn to do.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Alright folks, you all know what I expect for this battle, [b:2xhfrpf8]AND[/b:2xhfrpf8] if anyone doesn't go up a few posts and read my posted expectations for my new type of battle system.

Remember, I want to see an OOC post or a PM from everyone telling me just how many baddies they intend to take down [b:2xhfrpf8]BEFORE[/b:2xhfrpf8] I read their ubber-detailed, very nice and lengthy battle scene.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Aye, aye, Cap'n! Might be a day or two, but I'll get mine up. I'll have my two take about eight or ten between them, if it's alright- not sure of who'll get what yet, though.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

That's fine Aly, Besides Zana and Drakin have taken down about 8 so far, so you're good.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

a post from me later this afternoon/evening, after classes. my paper seeped into today also and its due at 13:00.

as for numbers, i can take [i:10geqgjn]alot [/i:10geqgjn]with spells, so a good number will be blown up; tho i plan to have some melee so that will be more realistic number.

everyone, Inriia [i:10geqgjn]did [/i:10geqgjn]cast resistance on the party members, so a heads up (hint, theres more than 1 reason a CN would ;) )
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

That's fine, Inrii. Palax is already immune to fire. I posted mine up, so no worries!

Edit: Also, Lothir was using bardic music ability, so everyone gets a +1 to rolls from that. You're welcome, guys!