"Come little children...."

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

A problem child thread?

Yes it is clear one should indicate thoughts separate from spoken words.
Here in general spoken word convention is "text", for most of the other IC no descriptor is use, some indenting some spells or spell effects with [i:3ao225hf]italics[/i:3ao225hf] in part of action or thoughts. There has not been an acepted convention for OOC in Rp threads, the two most common however have been :
OOC: text IC (used after or before OOC text completed)
((text))

There clearly can be other OOC that occurs in RP threads, however only minor OOC is permitted, excessive will be deleted.

Play nice, play that all can enjoy is the purpose of the RP threads.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

No need to -leave- the rp. You're welcome there. Just be careful with the wording, that is all. I['ve been a bit miffed with watching my posts getting misinterpreted - but we all learn. You are a wonderful writer, Li, seriously. You just need to learn to work with the team.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Luexena Deana":2yrkhlq4]No need to -leave- the rp. You're welcome there. Just be careful with the wording, that is all. I['ve been a bit miffed with watching my posts getting misinterpreted - but we all learn. You are a wonderful writer, Li, seriously. You just need to learn to work with the team.[/quote:2yrkhlq4]

You appear not to understand, the player is not having fun because of the RP style of one or more of the other players.
The solution to keeping a player involved is to resolve the conflict with RP styles, the solution is not saying do no go away upset from the thread.

Right now it appears to me that the player fears a problem will occur in any thread that certain other player(s) might appear in. The better path for all concerned is to resolve the underlying RP styles that caused the discord.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

No, it's actually me who have been having a problem with the person who chose to leave. I was seeing some contradictions and been miffed about it. - and I am willing to try and resolve it. S'why I posted what I did.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

if i could, i'd send pumpkins seeds to all and we can sit around the fire, drink hot apple cider and...oh never mind....this is a computer world.

how bout something cheerful :D
[img:23qrdz5j]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... eanies.jpg[/img:23qrdz5j]
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Yeah Zarae; exactly. Now where's my camp fire pit, oh blast.

Anyways, LiNeee, all of us are more than willing to help ya out.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Luexena Deana":1hggye4v]No, it's actually me who have been having a problem with the person who chose to leave. I was seeing some contradictions and been miffed about it. - and I am willing to try and resolve it. S'why I posted what I did.[/quote:1hggye4v]

Maybe you can resolve it, however other player is a factor.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

That's why I -offered- to stay and try to work it out *shrug*. That's up to the other person now if they want it or not. It's not that I am ordering people about. =)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar":1f7ioowi]if i could, i'd send pumpkins seeds to all and we can sit around the fire, drink hot apple cider and...oh never mind....this is a computer world.

[/quote:1f7ioowi]

Those seeds grow into large orange things that get mutilated about this time of year. Why would you want to give them? *G*

In fairness, some eat the seeds before being planted, some of the orange things that result from planting turn into pies.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Zarae, I'll sit at that fire with you and drink cider. Yum! I'll even bring the knives for the pumpkins. Gotta have SOMETHING to do when I'm not carving up those darn little monsters who keep coming to my door!! Oh, wait- you mean those WEREN'T monsters?! Oh, crap.... :devil:
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

*passes the cider and tosses a long on the fire*

i love roasted pumpkin seeds. got some drying since some folks were gunna toss them out. add some garlic powder and Lowery's seasoning...yum!

since we live on school campus, no kids came by the apartment. come to think of it, i've [i:2otcmva1]never [/i:2otcmva1]had anyone come to my home. tho living in the woods, and i mean [i:2otcmva1]WOODS [/i:2otcmva1](that redneck joke- 'if the directions to your house include, turn onto the dirt road..' which meant three mile back into the woods in an already rural area) might have something to do with that.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Ha, right! I'm currently living with my parents- on a mile long gated private road (gravel) with a cattle guard to get into the hundred-yard driveway! No trick-or-treaters out here....

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Alystra, the girls are back on board. :) And will be walking >_> hah.

Thankyou to Leux and Veraka, you both are great help where I majorly fail. ^_^

Lil.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Okay, just so everyone knows what's going on- Veraka will be handling the battle encounters in this campaign, and I will be DM'ing the basic storyline and most NPC's. I will occasionally PM some of you with info specific to your character in certain situations (And yes, Veraka will get these too if fighting is involved). These are the pbp version of what I like to call "faxes from God"- it's something I've done for years with other game groups to give PC's private info. If you get one, just read it, and have your PC act accordingly. V, if you get them, just take whatever's in it and add to the battles. So have fun, keep on your toes, and if you have questions, post em here. Enjoy, guys!

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hey all, sorry for me being the slow one with posting but this week has been hectic for me what with college and all. I also expect to be busy up until this thursday, but I'll post when I can and all.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix