"Come little children...."

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Ya said I could roll for the save against the chain lightning, so I based it's DC on minimum required caster level, and minimum necessary ability score to cast the spell. If I played down the idea too much this way, I apologize, though it just wouldn't be Skrach if he weren't to perform so spectacularly, while his many quirks would otherwise have him pegged for being insane, or a fool.

Basically shooting for the image of a character, whom when observed in most other situations, simply would not seem capable of doing what he can do, when a more dire situation demands it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Bone Ring as I recall protects against level/ability drain and Death Magic (such as Finger of Death), the other ring, against disease and poison, and the amulet just bolsters a few of the rogue skills, and lends a little spell resistance bonus. There's also a few items in his inventory that are completely useless, if not worthless. One of these, though not worthless, will do little good, unless we should encounter any surviving Netherese golems.
Last edited by Pheurazath on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Well I think ya hit the target then. And looks like I might be sifting through the aftermath.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

So considering my recent activity this might not make much of a difference anyway, but I will be away for a week or so. :)
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Don't worry about it, Arya. My new job (Yay!! FINALLY!!) is leaving me with a bit less time to work on this, but I'm not abandoning it by any means. Should have something up soon, though. We'll leave a light on for ya!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Not to be terribly off-topic, but I have a wonder... or a few actually. The first is if any of you are familiar with the Dragon Age games. The second is, have any who are, noted an extremely long loading period after escaping the Deep Roads?

Last question is, I wonder at the opinion of blending D&D RP styles within the world/theme of Dragon Age.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Yes, I am, no I hadn't noticed (never got that far) and yeah, I think that is a great idea! Actually, DA:O is a game I'd love to incorporate stuff from into D&D.

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

I notice most of D&D's class types exist within DA, albeit many of them are specialized variations of either Fighter, Rogue, or Mage. It's the societies, history, and many beliefs of that realm that I think would be fun to try having a more free-form RP within, rather than sticking to canon characters and the like.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Okay, so Zarae is inside the temple which is in a side-cave at the back of the complex. Everyone else is in the main "courtyard/commons" area where the fighting is taking place. There are burning webs reaching from the second level (the caverns stretch up for about five levels) up to the ceiling, and cover most of the walls of the main cavern.

Edit: Onix is fighting one of the two elite warriors about halfway between the temple and where Beznik dropped his flask (which was about 20 feet into the cavern from the entrance), with the three young ones in roughly the middle of the cavern. The sorcerer is about 20 feet from the temple doors, and the High priestess is about a dozen feet from them, and ten feet down from the sorcerer. Basic dimensions of the main chamber are oval, roughly 70' by 50'. Luaxena is 10' from her, Skrach is 15' from the sorcerer fighting the two with the silvered weapons, And Kallanar is close to Lua.

Phoebe is currently fighting one drider near the three young ones, about 15' from the south wall, and Bella faces two more a bit to Pheobe's right and 10' closer to the middle. The other elite is flanking Onix, and three more are facing the pair of Katheryn and Lothir. Bexnik is near the sorcerer ATM, about 15' from him, toward the entrance. Arya is with him.

Hope this helps!!!

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Okay so, I've been playing Bella up on a ledge to the far side of the 'cavern', I pictured it to be off to the side of the entrance. You say she is fighting a drider down in the commotion? And LiNeee is still in the temple. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Ah, I might have missed that. However, if Bella is up above, that would put her in the areas where the webs are burning- as I mentioned that they cover most of the walls and ceiling, and even crossing the cavern in certain areas above the bottom level, much like the city of Ched Nasad. LiNeee is indeed still in the temple, however.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Sorry for absence... err distances all well and good, are said burning webs so close that Skrach is in danger his fur catching fire? I mean aside from the stench of burnt rat fur, which given his history of running through Calimport's sewers, could like nauseate anyone who happens to catch wind of the resulting smoke (dear gods I'd hope he comes out of it just singed at most); there's the incredible ease with which fur catches fire as compared to skin.

And then this explosion, is this like an artillery shell type of explosion, with a lot of force and noise behind it, or more like a flashbang, with a lot of noise and not so much concussive force?
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

It's a flask of standard alchemist's fire, so the explosion itself is not very big- splash radius as per rules, mostly, and the minor shrapnel from the flask itself- but yes, in a confined space, it will be quite loud (acoustics of caves make for GREAT booms!) and "flashy", at least in the main cavern area. Remember this area is fairly dark, so it's gonna look like firecrackers going off late at night. Probably dazzle anyone within immediate vicinity.

Er, Skrach isn't immediately close enough to the walls to be burned, so fortunately, no singed rat-stink. I'm busy working out the rest of the battle, so apologies if it seems to be taking a while- the job's taking time that I previously had to kill for this, lol! However, I can promise you guys WON'T be disappointed!

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Thankyou, helped quite alot hun.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

That's what I'm here for! :angel:

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Hope my response to the explosion wasn't too over the top. i was more concerned about underplaying it.