"Come little children...."

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Anybody still around? Just checking...
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Still here, Aly; just needed some time to get things IRL done is all.
Anywho, I'll get one up here soon.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

I'm still about, and waiting for my next part.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

*sigh* :/

myabe i wasnt too clear in my writting, but Zar threw a sunflash pellet in the chamber with Li, unable to warn them before so.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

No, you're fine, Zarae. I understood you perfectly.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

To explain 'The Voices' and a little of why those spiders should be afraid... Skrach IS a little touched in the head, yes. It has its benefits and drawbacks. But that madness only makes up a third of this phenomenon. About half of it, shows up in places where many people have died, or lay dead. He has no willful control of it, but those poor souls trapped on the Fugue Plane, should they notice his sensitivity can speak to him, and he will hear it. (I figure in a place like where he is now, those that have died there, most if not all would wish him to succeed, and might whisper advice to him as he goes.)

The remaining sixth of it, shows up with extreme rarity, but has occurred only once before, and that is when a god chooses to speak to him directly. Unlike with other such encounters, they don't need to physically manifest to speak to Skrach, just exploit his sensitivity.

Does this give him an edge? It does, but at the same time it can be a distraction, or have him unable to decide what goals to focus on. He is focused for now, and with spirits of those dead, slain by drider hands to cheer him on and help guide him, that makes him dangerous.

To explain Filth Fever: 1d3 days of incubation, and then damages of 1d3 Dexterity and 1d3 Constitution.

as for the Curse, failing that save, means by the next full moon, even if not exposed to it, the Drider will at least feel the urge to seek that light, and surely feel the lycanthropy burning through its blood.

There's of course the option of eating a fresh belladonna sprig and succeeding a more difficult DC 20 Fort save.

A cleric of 12th level or higher can remove it with a [b:3bnvzfv6]Remove Disease[/b:3bnvzfv6] or [b:3bnvzfv6]Heal[/b:3bnvzfv6] spell, provided it's done within three days of the initial infection.

After that, it will take [b:3bnvzfv6]Remove Curse[/b:3bnvzfv6] or [b:3bnvzfv6]Break Enchantment[/b:3bnvzfv6], plus the infected must pass a DC 20 Will save, and it must be done during the three days of a Full Moon, during which it is wise to keep the infected either bound or caged. If this fails the process can be repeated.... or of course someone can shove an alchemical silver blade in the poor sod, and kill him outright.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Okay, Pheurazath had PM'ed me a question, and since my PM reply is not being very nice to me ATM, I will answer here. The thing is acting up and not allowing me to reply, giving me a "general session error" message, so this is really the only way I can answer. Anywhos, here's the reply.

Is he able to use his equipment in rat form? Most lycans can't, unless they have the feat for it. Otherwise, it either becomes part of the new form and useless, or is torn and destroyed in the shift.

About the weapons, I was thinking of using alchemic silver weapons, just to make things interesting for Skrach, or possibly using a silver-based poison on them or a very powerful acid. Had not really decided yet, but any of the above would work for what I was going for, which is that the driders know about him and some have prepared accordingly. Call it a DM's perogative, not that it really matters, since I don't require any rolls for this campaign. As long as it adds something fun or interesting or challenging to the campaign, it's pretty much anything goes- so long as it's actually POSSIBLE for the characters in question. (ie, if it's part of the character's stats, etc.) So go with whichever one makes sense to you (my initial thought was the alchemic silver, so we can just use that if you wish) and have fun with it!

Hope this helps, and don't worry too much about it. I'm full of nasty surprises and evil ideas at times, but I'm never needlessly cruel to PC's. Well, maybe to PC's, but certainly not to PLAYERS, LOL!!!

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Well since there's so much Q&A posted here, I'll reply here as well. Short and sweet, I'm going by the info in Monster Manual in 3.5 edition, on how to create a PC lycanthrope character. The only time a lycanthrope is unable to use their equipment, is in animal form, and medium and light armors are adjusted to suit their body to suit their forms. Only when they take animal form, does all the gear meld into them, and magical items cease functioning. When they return to human or hybrid form, all gear returns to normal, and magical items continue functioning. His only actual REAL suit of armor, is just leather, but only because of his terribly high dexterity and natural armor bonus. All combined, it amounts to an Armor Class of 20... 19 in animal form.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

That's perfectly fine, it's what I usually use too. Though since it's pretty much edition neutral here, it's mostly just fluff for story purposes. And feel free to ask or reply in this thread- that's what it's here for! And others might want to know, too....

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Yeah I understood it Zar, I just havn't had the time to repost, that and I've been waiting for others to post first. In my next post I'll mention it though hun, sorry for the delays all.

Just wanted to let you all know;
I love the way you all write, it's beautiful, and Aly you make an amazing DM, you do such a great job! I'm so honoured to be apart of this script.

Li,
:)
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

:angel: :x :cryjoy: Awww, shucks, LiNeee, I'm blushing. Thanks, guys. I'm really enjoying this campaign, it lets me stretch my (slightly cramped from lack of use) DM muscles, and is running a lot smoother than some of my past games. It's always great when a group works well togehter, and clicks, and I think that is part of the reason it's gone so well. Can't wait to see how you guys like the rest of it! :D :devil:

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

A good place for Q&A? Very well, I am a bit stuck on making a decision on the matter. Silinrul, on one hand, being male as well, Szar'kai his training and education I might think will have been somewhat beyond the norm, and of course, unable to avoid the lectures or lessons about proving his worth in deserving the 'blessings' of his birth. However, for all I know on such matters, I wonder, is it common practice to make a young male aware of the punishment for failing to prove his worth, that is being turned into a Drider? Or was Drizzt exposed to it so early on, due to his views that often teetered on heresy?

If I am to make the call myself, then I will, but I am asking first.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Oh, yes. there is some indication that young drow ALL learn about driders during their training, particularly in the later stages at Sorcere and Arach-Tinilih. Those who specialize in one of those two would doubtlessly learn more about that than the average fighter, but Lolth's teachings- at least the basics and the price for failure- are learned by all.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote="LiNeee-niss'xae":3abp06ap]Yeah I understood it Zar, I just havn't had the time to repost, that and I've been waiting for others to post first. In my next post I'll mention it though hun, sorry for the delays all.

Li,
:)[/quote:3abp06ap]

ok, no problem. i know im not a real good writer and i even confuse myself at times, my mind works faster than the pecking (typing). so i wanna be sure since it would severely effect her also
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

That's all good hun. Working on a reply.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval