A Clone Encounter Comment

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Yeah, I know, but the devils are only supposed to bargain for evil souls, right? Or is it ANY non-good? BTW, you may want to take a look on the thread. I kinda went a little nuts in there....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae's techincally CG, but closer to middle of CG and CN.
i dont really know bout the devils deal or if its only certain folks, the forgotten realms wiki makes it seams to imply for anyone, but only evil will do it. i just dont know where to look and how to get that info.

the divine agent to pick her up aint to really show up for a bit b/c Zarae's goin back soon.

but if devils dont come to bargin for good folks, then no worries, i will wait for Mayne after the battle to raise me.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Ah. Well, don't forget, there's the potion I gave you and that injection from Pyro, too.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

yeah, i remember the potion, did forget the shot, but i remember it now.
i'm going with an in tween state, if there is a place like between death and not death? a limbo kinda thing?

i was thinking the potion and shot keeping her in that in between state. i dunno, can i do that?

i think i'll edit my post and just have here in the void area, for a while
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Aha! So she's only "MOSTLY dead"!! (Sorry, Princess Bride was the first thing that came to mind, lol!)

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

might have seen some of it, but i should prolly watch that sometime since so many people like and quote it :D
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Hmmm, this seems like the most active RP. Might someone give me a quick recap? Its quite a lot of posts to read... :P
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

you gotta talk to V (veraka) b/c i dont know how u would in character get where the plot is...((Inna space ship in outter space))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Oh... hmm, i can only say wow to this. It was rather unexpected.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

like i said, just PM him or what not, he might have ideas... :)

or use this thingy....
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Zarae, you reallyought to watch it. It's the most frickin hilarious "fantasy" movie EVER!!! Miracles, fights, true love, conspiracy, murder, pirates.... Yes, this movie (and the book was great, too) has it all. I want to make my next PC be the "Dread Pirate Roberts"....

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":2soa63oh]Yeah, I know, but the devils are only supposed to bargain for evil souls, right? Or is it ANY non-good?[/quote:2soa63oh]
I might be wrong, but this is how I've always understood it...

Devils bargain for any soul, regardless of alignment (they're not that picky). But, for most people (regardless of alignment) an emissary of their patron deity usually comes and pick them up instead. So it's mostly the faithless who have to deal with the devils (having the choice of either taking the deal or ending up in the Wall of the Faithless).

Of course, even if you do end up in the wall there's the occasional assault on that by the demons (as opposed to devils) who rip out souls to turn into more demons. So you're still not safe.

I think even the faithful can bargain with devils though, as they're waiting for the emissary to come get them. Though obviously they'll be bargaining from a position of strength as they've got their afterlife taken care of (though I fully expect devils to play to any fears that this emissary might not be coming to pick them up). If you're faithless then all your afterlife options are pretty much all bad.

In short, best stay true to your patron deity. ;)

And everyone should have seen The Princess Bride at least once in their life. It's a great movie, a true classic.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

What about the ones who are not "faithless" but have no specific patron deity? (They worship most gods equally, but just don't choose one over the others.) I understand a lot of "common" folk fall into this category, like farmers who pray to multiple gods depending on their needs at the time. What happens to them? Do they still end up in the wall, or do they have another option, like choosing whcih deity's realm to go to? I've never been clear on that.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

i'll have to find some friends, and then see if someone should have it....i have seen bits i think. something about poison drinking ...but thats bout all i remember.

and for the RP, i'll reply again when some of the others get a chance to reply.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":wikwz0zv]What about the ones who are not "faithless" but have no specific patron deity? (They worship most gods equally, but just don't choose one over the others.) I understand a lot of "common" folk fall into this category, like farmers who pray to multiple gods depending on their needs at the time. What happens to them? Do they still end up in the wall, or do they have another option, like choosing whcih deity's realm to go to? I've never been clear on that.[/quote:wikwz0zv]
Alright, as I understand everyone in the Realms, including priests and priestesses of specific deities, pray to multiple deities. If a priestess of Eilistraee is about to make a sea voyage she might go to the temple of Umberlee to make a quick prayer for a safe journey. Being a polytheistic world nobody* tends to exclusively worship a single deity, but the entire pantheon.

Priest and priestesses in this represent the interests of a single deity, promoting that deity's aims and ideals. But even they believe in all the deities and worship multiple of them (just one much more than the others). Particularly the closer certain other deities are to 'their' deity the more I'd expect to see worship of them. When I designed my Eilistraeen city (for the server that never came to be) I had shrines and such for a number of other deities as well that I fully expected Eilistraeens, including the clergy, to pray at depending on circumstances.

With all that everyone also tends to have a 'patron deity', one deity out of all of them whose ideals stand closest to your own heart. Priests and priestesses take this patron deity to the extreme; they believe in that deity so much that they actively promote said deity. But everyone, including the lowly farmers, tend to have one that they feel a particular kinship with. I think this was quite nicely explained in Sojourn (in which Drizzt chooses a patron deity despite not being a priest or actively promoting said deity). In the Forgotten Realms this patron deity is the one whose realm you end up in in the afterlife.

The faithless in this are then those who don't have a patron deity, who don't dedicate their heart to a specific one. 'Faithless' isn't that you don't believe in gods as everyone does. Since there's physical evidence of the gods in the Realms not believing in their existence is akin to not believing in the moon when it's shining brightly in the night above you. But 'faithless' is forgoing having one deity in your heart that you feel closer to than any and whose ideals you try to uphold in your daily life.

At least, that's how I always understood it (and I hope that explanation is clear). The whole afterlife thing in the Realms is a bit weird, but there you have it. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

* Lolthian drow are really the exception here, but that's more due to Lolth insistence on them worshiping her and only her. This is not the rule for the rest of the world as I understand it.
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee