Karazan - the new city

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Looking forward to it. :-)
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

Would it still be too late to join in on this then?

Although I'm not sure exactly how Dae would fit in. The only way she'd really fit in would be to have a rangers guild.

So I guess as long as there is land to Hunt she'd have access to leather for crafts, feathers for arrows and apply her trade skill as a crafter.

On rolling the d4 she ended up with a 4, but that size really doesn't fit with her, so her second roll issued her a 2. I'll have to look up what her skills would be if I reduced her lvls from 20 to 12, to see what she's still capable of doing.

If the outcome is a guild however in place of a house she'd use the name Ali'Raer. Or Guild of the Unicorn's Shadow. This would also give Karazan followers of Mielikki.
Joros uns''aa vel''klar Usstan inbal tlus,Lu''Usstan orn an''yui vel''klar Usstan inbal naut.
Ask me where I have been,And I will answer where I have not.
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

Hi Kami, the more players the better in my opinion. :D
Come and trade your D&D minis at http://www.ukroleplayers.com/forum/
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="Kami":3v2aqhk7]Would it still be too late to join in on this then?[/quote:3v2aqhk7]

No, it's not too late. The game is structured around regular council meetings. which should help the play by post style.

[quote="Kami":3v2aqhk7]Although I'm not sure exactly how Dae would fit in. The only way she'd really fit in would be to have a rangers guild.[/quote:3v2aqhk7]

Tell me how she'd fit in. :)

As the city grows it makes sense for others to adopt different roles. A rangers guild sounds good, and means Dae would make regular reports on wide patrols, etc.

The guild could also handle first line defence.

Post how you think the Guild would be set up. If Dae's level is high then drop a few levels from a Cohort, etc.

Zellack & Vielochar - I'm waiting for you two to engage the duergar. *taps foot* :)
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

[quote="Kiaransalyn"]
Zellack & Vielochar - I'm waiting for you two to engage the duergar. *taps foot* :)[/quote]

My apologies....i was giving people time to reply before i marched off !

I have been desperate to get on with things , but wary of not giving others a chance to input. :/

I'm on my way !.....Follow me men . :D
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

Mmm.. how she would fit in..

How any other over 300 something ranger would fit in I suppose. :D

She could take a first line of defence, as any sort of settlement sets her on edge if she'd there for any period of time. She's also not above hiring her services out as a hunter/scavenger. Earning ' money ' through helping a house add to it's food stocks.

As I think the last time i read.. the town was able to support a population of 100 with it's farms, but now has a population of 117. That's 17 more mouths to feed and that means less food for everyone on a whole.

Adding into her now.. what 8 to 10 some people with her band coming in..that is almost.. 130 give or take a few. So I'm sure the extra food would be welcome.

This also takes place in what.. The Year of Trouble or was it the Year of Silence when magic went wonky, and didn't work right.
Joros uns''aa vel''klar Usstan inbal tlus,Lu''Usstan orn an''yui vel''klar Usstan inbal naut.
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

Magic dice says lvl 15.

So I guess her outline would be

Guild Ali'Raer. 10 members ( 40% drow, 30% Moonelf, 20% human, 10% half-elf)[/size:1ctn1eeg]
Leader: Dae'lith Ali'Raer RNG15
9 others: 7 RNG, 1 CLR, 1 ROG,
No farm.
8 companion animals. ( 2 dire wolves, 1 bear, 1 large dog, 2 large cats, 2 birds of prey)[/size:1ctn1eeg]

I think that should cover.. everything
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

I do Believe I've found a way ' in '. The Drow party to the North.

Who is to say they are all Drow..would it be so odd.. For free roaming rangers to wander the land making maps, charting rivers, lakes, inlets as well as mineral and metal deposits?

It would give Dae a path into the city at least in the way of her coming, as well as having scouted out most of the distant surrounding area the town of Kara sits in.

If approved I think I'll take that rout, and have Dae's band coming south from the Northern direction.
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

[quote="Kami"]No farm.[/quote]

Where would they live ?

Maybe build a trading-post where they can store meat/furs/fish.

With a few extra rooms added (for use in the long winter nights).
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="zellak":wcjywn5q][quote="Kiaransalyn":wcjywn5q]
Zellack & Vielochar - I'm waiting for you two to engage the duergar. *taps foot* :)[/quote:wcjywn5q]

My apologies....i was giving people time to reply before i marched off ![/quote:wcjywn5q]

Bear in mind that we're dealing with drow - mostly. If you don't strike when you can they will strike you. In other words, don't hang around.

Another thing is that a lively thread pulls folks in.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="Kami":27ogdp4f]Mmm.. how she would fit in..

How any other over 300 something ranger would fit in I suppose. :D [/quote:27ogdp4f]

I hope 300 is her age not her level. ;)

With regard to Karazan's population, the amount of people the farms can support is due to rainfall first, and then the number of farms. The other players are building more farms. Plus 17 people wouldn't go hungry, more likely 34 would be on half rations, which increases disease and discontent, which is what rulership is all about really. :)

[quote="Kami":27ogdp4f]This also takes place in what.. The Year of Trouble or was it the Year of Silence when magic went wonky, and didn't work right.[/quote:27ogdp4f]

Just after Lolth's Silence ended. However, the game is set in Valdrheim, which is a plane all of its own. Any more info' is just something that has to be discovered. The deeper plot hasn't been even scratched yet. :-)
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="Kami":34zvdeal]Magic dice says lvl 15.

So I guess her outline would be

Guild Ali'Raer. 10 members ( 40% drow, 30% Moonelf, 20% human, 10% half-elf)[/size:34zvdeal]
Leader: Dae'lith Ali'Raer RNG15
9 others: 7 RNG, 1 CLR, 1 ROG,
No farm.
8 companion animals. ( 2 dire wolves, 1 bear, 1 large dog, 2 large cats, 2 birds of prey)[/size:34zvdeal]

I think that should cover.. everything[/quote:34zvdeal]

This sounds good.

The rangers would probably live off the land, but trade with the townsfolk for grains, etc. I'll update my list in the near future.
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

[quote:2nr2jlky]I hope 300 is her age not her level. Wink[/quote:2nr2jlky]

Heheh. Yes.. the 300+ is her age.

Also, I wanted to ask since this is a sort of ' new ' plane. Has any thought been given onto what Flora and Fawna is around? I can guess the Forest, Woods would have your typical mix of Wild game animals. With a healthy mix of your Apex predators.

If you don't mind ( and since I have no clue ) I went ahead and just fabricated a short list of plants Dae may have found and named..if for no reason then Because she's never seen them before.

And to her mind a Named plant makes it easy to describe and ID later.
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

[quote:1ik4swvz]Where would they live ?

Maybe build a trading-post where they can store meat/furs/fish.

With a few extra rooms added (for use in the long winter nights).[/quote:1ik4swvz]

Dae would more then likely build a traders post within the town itself, but for the main part Find suitable living within the Forest itself. Even if it means digging out a [i:1ik4swvz]Den[/i:1ik4swvz]. For use in the winter and then stock it with furs,food and other needs.

If Winters are mild and normal she'd just keep the Den. If they grew too Harsh, she'd take shelter in the Traders post.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="Kami":2llm39dv]Also, I wanted to ask since this is a sort of ' new ' plane. Has any thought been given onto what Flora and Fawna is around? I can guess the Forest, Woods would have your typical mix of Wild game animals. With a healthy mix of your Apex predators.

If you don't mind ( and since I have no clue ) I went ahead and just fabricated a short list of plants Dae may have found and named..if for no reason then Because she's never seen them before.

And to her mind a Named plant makes it easy to describe and ID later.[/quote:2llm39dv]

As regards flora and fauna, I picture the plane as being akin to medieval northern Europe. Bears, beavers, wolves, flax, wheat, etc.

Feel free to be a bit inventive, so long as it doesn't break the setting or the game too much. :-)