Karazan - the new city

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":pcdpmcyu]Having a human enclave lead by a LG paladin would create all sorts of interesting conflicts but I think you should run that idea by Kiaransalyn first.[/quote:pcdpmcyu]

One thing to bear in mind is that you never know what the 'magic storm' blew in. It could be that the drow find themselves the minority in a human city. I know we're assuming most players will want to play drow, but your PCs may not know that at first.

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":pcdpmcyu]I'm looking at being a Cleric/Rogue/ShadowDancer - 7/5/3
I'll have to modify my character to get the skills and stats appros to those levels.[/quote:pcdpmcyu]

No need to draw up those stats for me. Of course, if you want to, that's fine. I won't be referring to stat sheets during this game.

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":pcdpmcyu]My house is House Helviiryn [does it matter which city we originally came from? she originally came from Rilauven] [/quote:pcdpmcyu]

It doesn't matter what city you came from. The varied the better really, as it makes for more interesting role-play.

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":pcdpmcyu]Is there anything else you need to know?[/quote:pcdpmcyu]

Nope. I think you've got the idea, and it sounds like you think the game will be fun (which is the main point). Obviously, feel free to use this thread for anything that crops up along the way.
Last edited by Kiaransalyn on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Veraka - you're welcome to play your character. It could be he heads up House Orden, or leads a trade guild. If you want to set it a while back in your current character's life then it might be best to have your PC set at level 12 - that way if he decides to join another House it makes sense numbers-wise.

Of course, it could be Veraka's very successful, his House prospers and he becomes the leader of Karazan.

My advice would be to try a new character for this game, [b:lx9a8r5w]BUT[/b:lx9a8r5w] it's your call. I'll happily go along with your character concept. :)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hmm, ORrrrrrrr I could perhaps, use Veraka's fiance, Neriah, to try and head up a house, though that would definitely be something different.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="veraka":dinw25xi]Hmm, ORrrrrrrr I could perhaps, use Veraka's fiance, Neriah, to try and head up a house, though that would definitely be something different.[/quote:dinw25xi]

:) I was thinking if Veraka had a brother or there was someone else, his fiancé sounds a good idea.

As I say, it's your call.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Vielochar Auvryrahel Leader of a small guild of assassins, rogues, and sneaky warriors?
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Talwyn your concubine eh T'riss? :lol:

[shakes his head laughing] :)) very amusing

Just for that I will play Talwyn : LG Paladin of Torm, lv 13 [Paladin 10, Monk 2, Champion of Torm 1 die roll 3]

Talwyn was in command of a ship of the Tantran navy, assigned to patroling tha Sea of Fallen Stars. The ship, [i:3gs3hm7a]The Golden Lion[/i:3gs3hm7a] also acted as a merchant vessel, engaging in commercial activities and transporting small valuable cargos from Sembia and Cormyr and Procampur back to Tantras. The vessels master and captain is Perspex the Opaque - Fighter/Mage {most lvs in mage}. 2IC is Basil Zemplis - Swashbuckling Rogue

The ship was caught in a wild magic surge during a particular viscious storm and flung into this new dimension.

Since washing up on this strange shore, the survivors of the ships crew have done their best to get on and salvage what they could. Lucky for them the cargo, mostly brandy, wine and ale from Sembia, survived the journey and thus it has given them something to barter with. They have become the defacto Tavern of the place as well as acting as agents of commerce. Being LG, they act with the highest levels of honour and trust in their dealings but are very select in who the deal with. This will eventually lead to problems if there are more evil aligned factions in the city.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

I got a 2, so level 13 for me.

Xun'arra, Matron of House Alean'rahel, just growing after having been almost completely destroyed in Ched Nasad's downfall. After the ruin of the city, Xun'arra and those that survived of her house took to the Underdark in the hopes of finding a city where they could once again establish their house.

Her sister, Ilphayn (cleric) and her two brothers, Url'daer (wizard) and Tazryn (fighter) who is her Weapons Master followed her as well along with about seven others from her house (close to servant rank in house, two starting wizards, one cleric, and four other fighters). If we do use NPCs, then her siblings will most likely be the only ones she will talk to.

Alean'rahel continued to follow Llolth even after her silence, however the silence opened Xun'arra's eyes to the possibility that her goddess was not all powerful. She is now more open-minded to those not drow/of her same religion and therefore shouldn't be a problem alignment wise (house is NE).

And as to how they got there, well they were walking along the tunnels and saw an opening they decided to take that turned out to open into a strange realm, and saw no need to leave with everything they needed there. :P

Hope that's good enough. :D
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Karazan statistics

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[u:nivhe2d4]House Helviiryn[/u:nivhe2d4] 30 members (60% drow, 40 % half-drow Eilistraeen)
Matron T'risstree Helviiryn CLR7/ROG5/SHD3 (female)
Captain Guldor FTR5/ROG5 (male)
House Wizard Shyntdar WIZ 7 (male)
15 others 9 COM 1 (6 female/3 male), 5 EXP 1 (4 female/1 male), 1 WAR 1 (female)
2 farms (12 COM) each composed of a half-drow family of 6 (1 EXP 2, 1 COM 2, 4 COM)

[u:nivhe2d4]Brotherhood of Silence[/u:nivhe2d4] 22 members (23% drow, 77% half-drow)
Vielochar Auvryrahel ROG9/ASS3 (male)
Mallistra ROG 6/SHD 2 (female)
8 others 6 ROG 1 (4 male/2 female), 2 BRD 1 (1 male/1 female)
2 farms (12 COM) each composed of a half-drow family of 6 (1 EXP 2, 1 COM 2, 4 COM)

[u:nivhe2d4]The Golden Lion[/u:nivhe2d4] 25 members (52% human, 48% half-drow Tormite)
Talwyn PAL 10/ MNK 2, Cof Torm 1 (male)
Perspex the Opaque WIZ6/FTR 3
Basil Zemplis ROG 4
10 others 4 COM 1 (male), 3 EXP 1 (male), 3 WAR 1 (male)

[u:nivhe2d4]House Alean'rahel[/u:nivhe2d4] 23 members (48% drow, 52% half-drow Lolthite)
Matron Xun'arra Alean'rahel CLR 13
Ilphayn Alean'rahel CLR 9
Url'daer Alean'rahel WIZ 7
Tazryn Alean'rahel FTR 6
7 others 4 FTR 1 (2 female/2 male), 2 WIZ 1 (2 male), 1 CLR 1 (female)

Karazan population = 100 (53% half-drow, 34% drow, 13% Human)

Chronology
Year 1, Spring rainfall = good

Note: For calculating Leadership score I just used your PC's level. Technically, I should have added Charisma to your character level.
Last edited by Kiaransalyn on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Please post your first entries into the game thread.

You'll note that you have each gained two farming families. These two farms have been given to you by Karas Armgo. He doesn't ask for payment but he does ask that you treat the farmers well and leave them alone to concentrate on farming. Their principle produce is grain, vegetables and cheese. Eggs are fairly regular, and fish is occasionally caught in the river. Given the Spring rainfall, they're producing a 50 % surplus (which is enough food to feed 6 more people (18 minus 12 farmers = 6). The current shortfall in food is made up by Karas, so you're not starving at the moment.

If the seasons continue to be kind, your farms increase, and you should become self-sufficient.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

It's nice to see the game is off to a start.

I will PM each of you during this week with some information that could help your PC.

Veraka - there's still room for a new arrival, if you like.
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

OK, PMs sent. :)

[b:2d4ef3v6]Edit:[/b:2d4ef3v6] We can continue the dialogue for as long as we like. (Personally, I'm enjoying the chance to write creatively again. Thanks to you for helping in that.)

When the meeting concludes, your PC should state what actions he or she will take. (If there are actions you'd prefer the other PCs not to know PM me).

I will then work out the success of each action, and PM you the results. Then the Summer session can begin.

Remember, your actions will need resources. And don't lose sight of the essential needs too. :)
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

Hi,

I have a question I I should have asked this earlier.

My house has the following NPC personnel:

15 others - 9 COM 1 (6 female/3 male), 5 EXP 1 (4 female/1 male), 1 WAR 1 (female)

What are COM? Are they 0 level commoners? Next what is an EXP NPC?
And I'm guessing that a WAR is a warrior?

I'd like to know as I can adjust the people allocated to the tasks appropriately.

L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Hello,

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":1g6mzp64]

15 others - 9 COM 1 (6 female/3 male), 5 EXP 1 (4 female/1 male), 1 WAR 1 (female)

2 farms (12 COM) each composed of a half-drow family of 6 (1 EXP 2, 1 COM 2, 4 COM) [/quote:1g6mzp64]

This means that in your house you have nine first level commoners (COM), five first level experts (EXP) and one first level warrior (WAR). Those three classes are detailed in the Dungeon Masters Guide, 3rd Edn.

Your farms each have 1 second level expert, 1 second level farmer and four first level commoners.

Note: Since you're talking about allocating troops, feel free to turn some of your commoners into warriors. The same goes for all of you, it's your house and you can change your commoners into warriors if you like. Just let me know. I run a house rule which has it that with a bit of training the commoner class can convert into another NPC class, and change class levels too.
Last edited by Kiaransalyn on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

ok

L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":90ndt9ju]ok

Don't forget to read the edit. :)