T'riss'ae d'Wylthen

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

T'riss'ae d'Wylthen

Post by T'riss'ae_d'wylthen »

OK so here's my character's bio. It's a work in progress so you'll have to bear with me. Also you should know that the way I develop a character is basically an after-statement. Meaning I rp my chara and whatever pops from my head at the moment is then put in my bio. Although, I've tried to start with the bare bones of it. Please give me feedback on how I can improve this. Thanks!

Name: T'riss'ae d'Wylthen – but usually called T'riss
Class: Fighter, Sorceress, Cleric, Swordancer
Alignment: Neutral Good
Origin: Maerimydra, Surviving member of House of Arab'lyl.
Deity: Eilistraee
Race: Drow
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 146 lbs.
Eye Color: Mythril
Hair Color: Silvery white (like that of the Moon). Straight and waist length that part of it is usualy up in a high pony tail.

Appearance: Her skin is a pale obsidian color which lightens her piercing mythril eyes. Considered Heavy Class, T'riss's armor looks encumbering but it isn't. Made of a mythril and steel compounds makes it pretty much inpenetrable. The neckline forms a “V” with layered metal and leather about the shoulders. It dips down to form an apex just below the colar bone. The layered pattern is continued down the arms like that of scales. A inscription of the moon is at each elbow. On the forearm guards are depictions of the Dark Maiden holding the Moon. This design scheme is followed down to her boots. The shin guards hold the same depictions that are on the forearms. ((Note: I'm using my avatar picture as a reference. Since I found the pic online, I'm varying the designs of Lilth and changing them to that of Eilistraee. I will be doing the same with her sword.))

[img:34wdkw13]http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad20 ... blade2.jpg[/img:34wdkw13]

Weapons: T'riss's primary weapon is a curved Moonblade, named Sril've Jess. The blade can be considered a short sword for it is only 3 feet long, including the hilt. It is an enchanted sword which carries powers from previous owners of the House Arab'lyl. In the nature of moonblades, Sril've Jess was passed down from mother to daughter and cannot be separated from T'riss. The blade curves from the delicate tip down to the banding just before the hilt. Above the band, on either side of the metal is a dipiction of Eilistraee holding a small moonstone. At the center just before the handle there is a larger shimmering moonstone set in silver. T'riss is able to communicate with the blade. T'riss's secondary weapons comprise of two small mythril daggers that are strapped to her thighs. They follow the same design of Sril've Jess.

Abilities: Sorceress and Dream Seerer ((Though this power, T'riss cannot control it yet. More coming soon...))

Familiar/Companion: A white werewolf named Kalare. (Kala for short.) When in her other form, she has long waist-length white hair, pale pink skin, and piercing bright blue eyes. Her hight is 5'10'' and weighs in at 165 lbs. She has petite and delicate features and would appear human if it weren't for the strange hair color. ((Since familiar werewolves are very rare, I'll explain how this came to be in the History section.))

History: As a child, T'riss'ae was very bold and adventurous. She often wandered in the caverns and tunnels near her home city of Maerimydra. By the time she was 8, she new most of the surrounding area of the city. On one particular occasion, she had become bored and foolishly ventured through a Portal to the surface. (This was done against the explicit instructions of her mother and aunt: “Never enter a portal without either of us there.”) For this Portal openned to the Starwood of Cormanthyr.

Because she knew nothing of this terrain, she eventually became lost. Hours later, she was found by a female werewolf (Kala). T'riss new of the nature of werewolves through stories her mother and aunt would tell. She had been taught how to distinguish between, wolfweres, werewolves, and the run-of-the-mill wolf by using magic. The pendant she wore about her neck helped her to see a being's true form. Once she saw this of the wolf and her approach, she immediately drew her dagger. Fortunately , for T'riss, the wolf was non-evil. “I am Kalare, Priestess of the Moonmaiden Selune. Lower your dagger young one.” To allay the girl's fears, the wolf had then shifted to her human form. Soon they grew to become good friends, forming a deep bond.

[EDIT: I'll put up more history when I write more lol. I'm trying to work out kinks as I go.]
Last edited by T'riss'ae_d'wylthen on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

not bad... have you thought of a background for your character? (im guessing race is drow)

it cool that your from a place that wars with where Inrii is from... ;)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":3ftc1yq8]not bad... have you thought of a background for your character? (im guessing race is drow)

it cool that your from a place that wars with where Inrii is from... ;)[/quote:3ftc1yq8]

I've been playing around with a few things. Since the inhabitants of the city of Maerimydra was killed off in Kurgoth Hellspawn's army, I've been trying to figure out how T'riss survived. (I looked at the Maerimydra wiki and it said that only ones who escaped unscathed were the House of Dhuurniv.) Got any ideas? I'm trying to stay far away from my other character's bio (Thorn). If you want to see her bio I can pm it to ya.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

A good start for a bio T'riss'ae :)

As for background story, well there are numerous ways of setting up her escape from the doomed city.

She could have been out on a patrol when the Hellspawn army attacked, managed to get to a gate and flee as the city fell, was captured but escaped, worked with the invaders as a traitor but was disgusted by her treachery and is now seeking redemption...the list goes on ;) Just quickly pick a few key ideas for her background and buildfrom there.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

And oh my goodness... Did I forget to put up abilities? *facepalm*
T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":3l5uqcoa]A good start for a bio T'riss'ae :)

As for background story, well there are numerous ways of setting up her escape from the doomed city.

She could have been out on a patrol when the Hellspawn army attacked, managed to get to a gate and flee as the city fell, was captured but escaped, worked with the invaders as a traitor but was disgusted by her treachery and is now seeking redemption...the list goes on ;) Just quickly pick a few key ideas for her background and buildfrom there.[/quote:3l5uqcoa]

Wow OK... hmmm. Oh! What about this? "T'riss'ae's familiar and guardian, Kala, warned her of danger aproaching. Her fellow Sisters did not heed her warnings so she fled. She barely made it to the Western Gate. She slipped passed a small rear guard of goblins and out through the Portal they had been guarding. She escaped into the neighboring wood, still hearing and feeling the destruction and pain of her home. To this day, nightmares plague her every night..."

(I had just looked at the wiki before writing that lol. It said: "A few small bands of Drow refugees fled the sacking of the city. One party managed to travel the 100 miles to Szith Morcane, an old outpost of Maerimydra. The Lolth-worshiping leaders were slain by Irae's two children who then organized raids on Daggerdale.")
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Well if you have a canonial source that confirms that small parties of survivors managed to escape the city, so much the better. Besides, when a city falls, there are always a few that manage to get out before it gets raised and eveyone put to the sword.

Some suggestions: I would expand a bit on how her familiar managed to alert her to the approaching danger. Then go into a bit of detail on her attempts to warn her sisters about the oncoming danger and give at least one reaon why they ignored her warnings. It's through that you can start to distinguish her from the others, set up why she is different from the rest.

Another thing you might wanbt to think about is how long has she been on the surface? Is it like only a few weeks or is it years now? Has she made any friends or come across any others from her home city? What has she been doing during her time on the surface? How has she survived in a world that is almost universally hostile towards Drow?

These are the sort of questions that I believe people need to consider when creating their Drow OC. A simple and easy out is that she gets picked up by a patrol of Eilistraean priestesses and taken back to Skullport where she is kept safe until she is ready to adventure on her own. Another idea is that she was lucky enough to snatch up a hat of disguise or other such magical item that can alter her appearence before she fled the city and has been hiding out in plain sight as an elf girl [or whatever?] on the surface.

The possibilities are endless ;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

Wow thanks. :D I'll get right on it. You've been a MAJOR help.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote="T'riss'ae_d'wylthen":16m02usr][quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":16m02usr]not bad... have you thought of a background for your character? (im guessing race is drow)

it cool that your from a place that wars with where Inrii is from... ;)[/quote:16m02usr]

I've been playing around with a few things. Since the inhabitants of the city of Maerimydra was killed off in Kurgoth Hellspawn's army, I've been trying to figure out how T'riss survived. (I looked at the Maerimydra wiki and it said that only ones who escaped unscathed were the House of Dhuurniv.) Got any ideas? I'm trying to stay far away from my other character's bio (Thorn). If you want to see her bio I can pm it to ya.[/quote:16m02usr]

most of what i have with that city occurs before the city fall, since i have jaelre still fighting with them.

so you could run into them or the group of eilistreens in cormanthor.

if you wanna talk a bit about her personality, theres some ways to explain some of your backgroud. for example, inrii likes to travel and be around people, so thats how she get involved in the RP's she's in. just ideas...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

Thanks! Though it seems I've made a slight error in rp. v.v I made Kala into a werewolf without even thinking about it. Now I've created more work for myself. Oh well... more the merrier right?
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="T'riss'ae_d'wylthen":1821067e]Wow thanks. :D I'll get right on it. You've been a MAJOR help.[/quote:1821067e]

you're welcome :)

T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

[quote="T'riss'ae_d'wylthen":3v97094q]Thanks! Though it seems I've made a slight error in rp. v.v I made Kala into a werewolf without even thinking about it. Now I've created more work for myself. Oh well... more the merrier right?[/quote:3v97094q]

Ok so I'm changing Kala's status as a familiar. To make her a "companion" instead. Also, would a somewhat long History be too much? I get carried away sometimes when I right and am trying to curb that.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="T'riss'ae_d'wylthen":1ted6v8e] Also, would a somewhat long History be too much? [/quote:1ted6v8e]

In this instance, IMO, you have to decide at what point in your OC's life you are "starting" her RP career. Everything else is just background information which is great for people to read and also for you to draw upon during RP when people ask you about yourself [OC] in game.

Some folks [like me :p ] have had their OC's for years and have had loads of RP history which they've incoprated into their backgrounds. Others see their OC as just starting out their adventuring career so their background is pretty sparse and brief.

A quick look at your bio indicates your OC is reasonably young thus, one could assume [but not always be correct] that she hasn't had much time to build a great deal of experience or have a lot of adventures. However saying that, she still could have had [i:1ted6v8e]some[/i:1ted6v8e] major life shaping events in during the time leading up to her "debut" as an RP character.

If you're stuck for ideas, have a read through some of the background bio's that other members here have posted and that should give you a good idea.

T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

Hmm ok. Lol than I think this would be too long. (It's still in Draft stage.)

"Familiar/Companion: A white werewolf named Kalare. (Kala for short.) When in her other form, she has long waist-length white hair, pale pink skin, and piercing bright blue eyes. Her hight is 5'10'' and weighs in at 165 lbs. She has petite and delicate features and would appear human if it weren't for the strange hair color. ((Since familiar werewolves are very rare, I'll explain how this came to be in the History section.))

History: As a child, T'riss'ae was very bold and adventurous. She often wandered in the caverns and tunnels near her home city of Maerimydra. By the time she was 8, she new most of the surrounding area of the city. On one particular occasion, she had become bored and foolishly ventured through a Portal to the surface. (This was done against the explicit instructions of her mother and aunt: “Never enter a portal without either of us there.”) For this Portal openned to the Starwood of Cormanthyr.

Because she knew nothing of this terrain, she eventually became lost. Hours later, she was found by a female werewolf (Kala). T'riss new of the nature of werewolves through stories her mother and aunt would tell. She had been taught how to distinguish between, wolfweres, werewolves, and the run-of-the-mill wolf by using magic. The pendant she wore about her neck helped her to see a being's true form. Once she saw this of the wolf and her approach, she immediately drew her dagger. Fortunately , for T'riss, the wolf was non-evil. “I am Kalare, Priestess of the Moonmaiden Selune. Lower your dagger young one. To allay the girl's fears, the wolf had then shifted to her human form."
T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Maid
Maid

Is it possible for a character to be a seer? Like dream seers?