OOC sign up for The Cure of the Castle in the Mist

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

That's excellent Veraka :D

Thank you :)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

your campaign sounds fun, but i am still doing camp for a few more weeks, so i cant get regular internet time... :(
when do you plan to start?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

aww

:-[

I hope to start tomorrow.

what a shame you won't be able to join in but still, summer camp must be fun right?

If this goes well then there will be more DM'd adventures :) so don't worry about not being on board for this one Zarae ;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Ooh, sounds creepy! I'm definietely in. I may not be able to get on during weekends, since my parents' pc just recently died (Yes, I'm currently staying with the folks while the hubby and I try to get back on our feet), but I should be able to geton during weekdays with little problem while I'm "in town". Can't wait to start this one up...
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Update:

sorry about the delay on starting this up.

I'm closing the applications now and starting the RP thread.

Please, for the initial round, [b:pcx6gudh]ONLY ONE POST per person. [/b:pcx6gudh]

Lets get everyone get on board first.

I'd rather not have players posting a heap of dialogue etc because not everyone can be on all the time and it makes people feel like they're rushing to catch up.

We have plenty of time for this adventure so lets take it nice and easy guys ;)

Thanks 8)

edit:

please please all OOC questions comments etc in this thread

Thanks

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

I saw you put up the RP thread prologue.

That's the start right?

Well just to let you all know I'm taking a vacation next week, leaving on the 30th and I'll be gone until the 6th i think?

I can post my start up post in the thread but I won't be able to keep up once I'm gone next week.

:/

Will you be pushing the pause button?
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Yes it's the start :D

That's ok about hitting the pause button too as I'll be away as well.

Ok, the party as it stands is made up of the following:

[strike:35nqsgal]Victor[/strike:35nqsgal] VIRGIL the Warlock

Lothir the bard

T'ristree - Priestess/Rogue/shadowdancer

Veraka - paladin/barbarian [the tank]

and Talwyn - paladin [who I'll use to drop exposition and use to fill in with description etc]

I'll be running all the NPC's and monsters :devil:

Lets have some fun :D
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Egad man!

I wonder if the name is cursed or something, it seems every DM whose campaign I've used my Warlock in, keeps renaming him.

It's Virgil, like the poet in Dante's Inferno.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

:-[

[gasp]

My appologies dear Pheuzarath :))

It's T'risstree fault :p

I read her post first before I put my responses up :eek: :p :-[
she somehow implanted the name of Victor in my head :uh-huh:

I blame her :devil:

mind you, a warlock named Victor isn't such a bad move?

Victor von Eldritch Blast'm all to death? :p

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Forgiven.... :D

Besides, it happens with this character so much, but yeah.... I'd like to stick with Virgil if possible. It has a nice ring to it, especially if the Abyss, and its many conspirators in perpetuating his family curse, have to send out a succubus, to ensure some haunted house doesn't get the next Stahne off the hook.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Ouch, that must be a nasty curse, indeed! OOG, what are the particulars of it?

Oh, sure, Tal- blame the woman, lol!! (Cause we ALL know Eve was really framed... The snake did it!!)

I'll have my first post up soon.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":wh57aytl]
Veraka - paladin/barbarian [the tank]
[/quote:wh57aytl]

YYYYYEEEESSSSSS! Moving to the Big Guns, Sir :devil:
[img:wh57aytl]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/ ... himera.jpg[/img:wh57aytl]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Basically, the curse is payment for services rendered to a distant ancestor of Virgil's bloodline (the specifics I'm still fleshing out on this part), but basically Virgil's soul is on the line. So long as he is both abstinent, and has no children, he's in the clear. IF he fails at the first, the second (through Abyssal influences as necessary) invariably comes to pass as well.

Doesn't matter if the man gets married or not, if he never sees her again or not, after that, the day he dies his soul is a toy for Malcanthet and all her 'daughters'. It gets better though, to ensure he is able to protect himself, as with all his male ancestors before him, and all male descendant he might have, all have been 'gifted' with the powers of a Warlock, which typically awaken when entering puberty, sometimes earlier if necessary for survival.

Because warlocks are known to be tied to the fiends of the Lower Planes, in one manner or another, they may be shunned from cities and villages where goodly gods are worshiped. Which also helps keep him from getting a Cleric or Paladin to attempt saving his soul.

Of the few of his ancestors that have tried to avoid continuing the curse, a succubus was groomed specifically to appeal to them, irresistibly, the perfect lover, even staying with him as his wife/slave-girl/mistress, whatever it took to appeal to him, and in this way added insult to injury be reproducing abundantly, and keeping him alive as long as his natural life span would allow.

Virgil is in deep doo-doo unless a Holy Man finds a way to save him.

(In case anyone is needing help figuring out who Malcanthet is....

She rules the 570th layer of the Abyss and formally is called, Queen of the Succubi.)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

that's good stuff Pheurazath.

And everyone else is to treat that as ooc info and not to act on it at all please. Let it come out IG ;) as that will be more fun 8)

Now once Aylystra has made her initial post, I'd like everyone to post what they think they, and the party should do.

Are you going to ready weapons? Cast any long term spells? Set up a marching order?

Scout around the place? Try to make knowledge/lore checks?

Talk/ask questions to your fellow party members?

This can all be done In game and in character.

If you want to make a skill check just post it like this:

[b:30pik38b]Virgil studied the canldes, trying to see if they were indeed an illusion[/b:30pik38b] [skill check Spellcraft]

Any questions?

edit: Talwyn looked at his post and saw spelling a mistake [skill check - spelling] :p

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Here's a thought, though it would prove painful- why not have him self-castrate? That would certainly prevent any unwanted offspring! A eunich can't sire kids! Might need a good healer afterward, though. (Notice, with a simple heal spell, it does not grow back...) Curse effectively broken, and ain't much they could do about it. Well, there's probably a loop-hole somewhere, but at least it would buy him more time....