Leuthil

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lanael
Maid
Maid

Leuthil

Post by Lanael »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so let me present first, my name's Luca and i'm a fan of rpgs, especially d&d and i play elven pcs very often. I come from Italy, so if i made some english mistakes don't be too harsh :angel:

that said, i'm beginning a new game and i'm planning to build a character who is a follower of Eilistraee and i come here to ask for some advices or suggestions about the background and to know better eilistraee and what mean being one of her followers.

My character is a female half drow half NG/CG sun elf level wizard/archmage. Here it is the part of the bg that i've already written.

My mother was a young beatiful sun elf noble that eventually fell in love with a Vhaeraun's drow and she fled with him and her little child, my half brother male full sun elf born from a previous relationship, in some vhaeraun's drows house inside the forest of Cormanthor, she was not particoulary skilled in weapons or magic, her only quality was her beauty, but the drow was an important figure in the house and so she lived relatively well. For some years she was happy, she even had a child from the drow (yeah, that's me), but at some point the drow begin to get tired of her and rejected her. My mother was despairing, she would have liked to coming back but her house would never accept her after her escape, she begun to live at the limits of drow house's society for some time doing the most unpleasent jobs but her hearth was broken, she lost little by little her will to continue living and pretended to be fell ill, to my half-brother Thael, that was still very young, was left the burdain to purchase food and water for our small family unit. That situation continued to exist for some years, practically i was raised by my brother that loved me much and try to spare from the pains of the life of the poors at the house, my mother do nothing but telling us stories of her youth or lament about her lost love. sooner or later we would have probably died if it Y'lea, a female drow wizard of the house offered to my brother a job as servant, she said the my brother could bring me with him but not my mother, we had to abandon her to her fate. My brother hated my mother but she still was his mother. Y'lea gave him three days to decide and then, in a full moon night, she come back to have an answer. It was an harsh decision, my mother beg for not being abandoned but Thael hardened his hearth and decided to follow Y'lea, in the end mother understood that Y'lea was our only hope to survive and remained silent. Thael, Then, took me and we went to live with Y'lea as servants. eventually y'lea discovered we had a gift for arcane magic and taught us wizardry. my brother adapt to the life of the house, he became an evil worshipper of vhaeraun and Y'lea took him as her lover, but he continued to "protetect" me, shielding me from the bad things of house's life as much as possible. I grow up introvert, i didnt' like the violent ways of the other drows, i spent almost all my time studying, the only people with i had relationship were my brother, that i deeply love and that despite he was became a "typical" evil drow of vhaeraun still was kind to me and Y'lea, that was my master and sometimes she took me as her lover, but she understood the feeling of my brother toward me and, being Thael useful to her, she allowed me not to take part in house's life and missions. But Y'lea had a plan, she took my brother and me with her not for pity, she was a rival of my father and she wanted my brother to kill him in order to humiliate him and additionaly, my brother had strong reason to take one's vengeance of his stepfather and so the murder would have seemed like a personal vendetta, not an assassination from a rival, so the the killing would have been thael's fault, not her (remember that my father was an important person of the house, someone that kill him probably will be then killed). Thael killed my father, he probably perceive Y'lea betrayal but, life his mother before him, i felt in love with the wrong person, and i did what was ordered by Y'lea. Y'lea eventually undestood that and she felt regret for what she has done, maybe my brother was toescape from his fate, maybe not (i want to keep the possibility open), but she told me he was dead. For the first time in her life, Y'lea show mercy to someone, she helped me to escape from the house and led me to an eilistraee priest... the story will go on (i have to justify 17 levels), but before i proceed i wanted to know better eilistraee's society (the forgotten realms setting don't say much) and i hope to find help here and if you want let me know what do you think of the part i've already written. i hope i've not made too much language's mistakes

yeah, i know there's a lot of drama in this story but, hey, it could have been much worse, my family could have been completely slain by a traitor friend and i could have grow up in hate&revenge
:angel:
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Leuthil

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Lanael":10u8w6u3]Hi everyone, [/quote:10u8w6u3]
Welcome to the Chosen *Smile*<snip>[quote:10u8w6u3]Y'lea show mercy to someone, she helped me to escape from the house and led me to an eilistraee priest... the story will go on (i have to justify 17 levels), but before i proceed i wanted to know better eilistraee's society (the forgotten realms setting don't say much) and i hope to find help here and if you want let me know what do you think of the part i've already written. i hope i've not made too much language's mistakes

[/quote:10u8w6u3]

Until recently, you could only be lead to a priestess (small detail).
One quick eay to know a little of Eilistraee is to view http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20020503a

There is more lore, though some what hard to find and collect.
Hate Evil clearly required.
About society, that is open to interpretation. Clearly followers of the dark Maiden gather together to worship. A dance a night to regain spells for the Clerics. No set duties for other classes, short of the message and mission.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

vendui!
not bad. ur english is better than mine!
ironic a sun elf fell in love with a vhaeraunite...but nice start.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Welcome aboard mate, and nice that you're from Italy 8)
To start off, excellent background, I think; loved the descriptions in it.
I don't mean to be a critic, but was wandering what his description might be i.e height, weight, eye-color, personality, pet-peeves(that's mostly for Inrii, though :devil: ) stuff that might help others get a feel for Luethil.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Lanael
Maid
Maid

Post by Lanael »

thank you for the useful informations and for the welcome

[quote:2u2ufwu5] Until recently, you could only be lead to a priestess (small detail). [/quote:2u2ufwu5]

aren't there any male eilistraee's cleric?

additional info, the campaign is set a few time past the year of wild magic and my dm ignore everything of the 4 edition timeline. The other pcs will be a moon elf wizard/fighter/bladesinger, a human wizard/cleric of mystra, a sun elf wizard/battlemage/archimage follower of Shevarash (this should be fun) and a 3 meters tall emerald statue of an half-ogre fighter/wizard/adept of the green star that claims to be a rencairnate moon elf

regarding the description and personality, i'm still working on it, but i think she would be excessively kind and introvert and a bit solitary and frail due to the events of her life, i hope that during the game she will be able to overcome these features becoming a strong woman.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

vendui, weclome.

Bhaern, the boss, or others can prolly answer best...

but it depends on the which rules followed i think. some allow, some dont.
as for dm and timeline, rules are loose, and the person starting the RP decides setting. i dont think anyone here is acknowleding the 4th edition or the last book of the lady penitent series.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar":1m9sfb0n]vendui, weclome.

Bhaern, the boss, or others can prolly answer best...

[/quote:1m9sfb0n]

Err, not exactly the boss. *G*

However concerning male Clerics or Priest tees, the published material indicates they need to be female.

In Ed speaks, there however is an indication that recently males were allowed to become Priests of Eilistraee. Ed Greenwood has the right to write Canon, as long as TSR then and WotC now actually says something Ed says is not Canon.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

So this is set some time between Year of Wild Magic and (I'm guessing) Lolth's Silence? Sounds about right. I'm not sure if Eilistraee was actually allowing male clerics then, but see no reason why you can't have them starting to show up then. Asfor the rest, there is plenty of good lore discussions both here and at Candlekeep.com (I'm over there too) and both sites pretty much ignore 4th ed stuff, as Bhaern there said. Like your bg, by the way. And where drow are concerned, I've learned you can NEVER have too much drama!!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Lanael
Maid
Maid

Post by Lanael »

[quote:1a4lg0wz] In Ed speaks, there however is an indication that recently males were allowed to become Priests of Eilistraee. Ed Greenwood has the right to write Canon, as long as TSR then and WotC now actually says something Ed says is not Canon. [/quote:1a4lg0wz]

thank you for the info. however the dm said that he will allow male Eilistraee's clerics if i wanted to use them in bg, but there are few of them compared to female clerics.

[quote:1a4lg0wz]So this is set some time between Year of Wild Magic and (I'm guessing) Lolth's Silence?[/quote:1a4lg0wz]

i do not know about Lolth's silence, i will ask the dm during the next session

[quote:1a4lg0wz]And where drow are concerned, I've learned you can NEVER have too much drama!!! [/quote:1a4lg0wz]

extend that "drow" to "elves" :P

and again, thank you all for your kindness