random idea involving clones

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

random idea involving clones

Post by veraka »

Ok, I've had this idea boiling in my mind for some time and was just curious about trying something out. I've had a character on my mind for a while and was wandering if anyone would give me some feed back.
For anyone who looks at this and responds (hopefully a lot of people), I ask you to imagine this: take your primary RPing character and put him/her in this situation. They stumble across a heavily armored figure, maybe 6'4, 6'5, and help him out to recover. He thanks you for your assistance, and starts to set off for where ever. You ask him, where is he from, as his armor is nothing like you've ever seen before.
He turns to you and asks you why would you care to know what or who he is. (Whatever your reason is) You ask him again. So in response he, takes off his helmet; He is a half-elf, with pale white skin, almost like a moon elf, but paler. He then asks you do you really want to know what he is. You say yes; he tells you that he is not of this planet, nor this realm. He's from a planet called Earth, and that he is a clone, one of thousands.
I would like to see how some people's char's might react to this and whether or not I should make him as character of my own.
Please give me feed back; it would be much appreciated.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I see no problem with the concept.

Clones might exist already, at least a few people claim to have a clone descendant.

Star Wars, whole concept of the Clone Wars is the premise of millions made from one source (the bounty hunter).

To be more believable I though think coming from Earth that it should be some a future time rather then current or past times.

The biggest problem I would foresee is the clone adjusting to a lower tech and high magic world, as opposed to planner travel and being a copy of another person.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Thanks for the input. One, he would come from earth, and prob around the time 2610, or further. also he would arrive via Time-space worm hole that puts him just inside Toril's atmosphere; I'm half tempted to put up a profile, though I would like to see how many more responses I get.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Forgotten Realms Clone Wars! Woot!! (So who is Darth Sidious?)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

I get to be the dark empress....mahahahaha...i already got all the black wear...even a mask! so ha!
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

LOL, that's a good question; probably be a warlock, sorcerer, or archmage.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Now, THAT would be interesting, a Darth Inri to boot.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

and the world under my control...plus really cool powers dosent hurt to go with a cool lightsaber...

well FR rules...a really nice whip and sword...

the force 'inspires' u to bring me lots of chocolate...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

LMAO
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

What do you think you are waving your hand around like that- some kind of Jedi? Mind tricks don't work on me! Only, um- did you want more chocolate, Mistress?
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Ok, since this idea has raised so much attention I guess I'll put up my clone character's profile.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Bah, drow, as elves are immune to enchantments, cmon Lothir, I thought you knew this. Tsk tsk tsk. Thats why I play human monks, there is a slight chance I roll a 1 and then everything just fails after that. But I'm usually good, so long as I don't face a death demon. ((Ill give you 10 xp if u get the ref.))
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

hmm, lets get this straight, a drow female that is a Dark Lord of the Sith, ummm, overkill!
Characters:

Veraka

Onix