Chromatic Mother

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Chromatic Mother

Post by Bhaern Quel »

You need to explain this a little better, best I can up with search is related to Dragonborn and/or Chromatic Dragons.

Oh their are watches with that name as well, however I found that not useful.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Oh, that was just her title for Tiamat. Chomatic Dragon, Five-fold Dragon, etc. Sorry, I thought that was kind of a given. Is there a temple of Tiamat anywhere around? What is the approximate region we're in? (don't think it's been specified)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":2j2f8pwm]Oh, that was just her title for Tiamat. Chomatic Dragon, Five-fold Dragon, etc. Sorry, I thought that was kind of a given. Is there a temple of Tiamat anywhere around? What is the approximate region we're in? (don't think it's been specified)[/quote:2j2f8pwm]

Well I did see Tiamat mentioned, I just forgot or ever knew she was female. *shrugs*

As for where the swamp lands are only Laelithra and deities know. The OP has last posted Dec 07, 2008 and only twice in total in Breathing Swamp that I can see.

I can build you a temple any place, after all I built the island. Only you have indicated it is two worlds away from your home world *G*

Odds are, FR as that was Eilistraee sphere, however indeed followers do exist on other worlds, planes, spheres.

All in all so far we have not needed to say where it is so far, hmm Perth might be a lake Dragon ... maybe is worshiped.
Things to decide on soon I suspect.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Hmm, I have noticed that Eilistraee is mentioned in Greyhawk as a minor drow deity from time to time, but not as big a following as on Fearun. At least she was in 2nd ed, but I did run across some references in 3.5 a while back.

As to Tiamat, she has temples on just about every world, from what I've seen- unless it's Krynn, where it's Takhisis (same thing, IMO). So there could be temples or cults nearby, or maybe just a dragon follower or two. Morg could probably go to any of them to commune with her or just speak to whoever's in charge there and show some sign of her favor, rather than having to go back home. Perth seems to be more neutrally aligned, from your posts- a mist dragon, maybe? Makes sense, if he's "helping" the Dark Ladies.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

perth should be Nessie who got tired of the publicity and people invading the lake so she left for another world... :p
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*chuckles*

Perth is not yet defined as being a Dragon, however the help provided is eating dead orcs and kobolds. Though I agree mote likely neutral as to being aligned. After all swimming in the morning can get anybody ate. Yes might even be Nessie if she learned how to teleport.

In 2nd, there was required compatibility of all worlds worked in. Which appears why Evermeet has spelljammers and so on.

Finding or making a dragon cult is not hard, there clearly is more to this world then an edge of a swamp and an island within the swamp.

Now the question is, who wants to make them?
For RP clearly it will not be on the Island. Derek on the edge of the swamp and having kobolds (dragon kin, in 3rd) clearly can know of some, maybe within his own ranks and can come up with some followers thereof.

The edge of the swamp is a large area, room for lots of temples, religions and races.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

If he can point Morg in the right direction, she might go find one and bring it in.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":13zbwd5n]If he can point Morg in the right direction, she might go find one and bring it in.[/quote:13zbwd5n]

Well, I can offer ideas, however you also need to understand this is a shared world. Players add to the map.

We started with being on an edge of a swamp with a character walking into it.
I added the Island and lake within the swamp at some distance of travel.
Inrii added ner by orces and kobolds to attack the under the order of a mage.

I took the role of that mage and established a meeting place for Morg and him to discuss. This last place might have been a forward bae for the attack and has not been well defined.

Thus dragon worship can exist among the known Koblods on another Island within the swamp, or any place at the edge of the swamp in any direction.

Maybe it becomes your time to add to the building world, there could be a mountain within a half day travel from the edge of the swamp that a dragon is worshiped, or there might even be a mountain within the swamp - though not close enough to be considered a danger to my characters. The swamp after all can extend for many miles, think Everglades, in which many things can be within and many things outside.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Sounds good, the problem I was having was that the region has never really been specified, so I wasn't certain what kind of terrain might be nearby. I'm guessing maybe somewhere near the High Moor? That might make sense, though I don't recall any mountains in that immediate area. A cult centered around a green or black might make more sense in that case, so I might just make it another island or something.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":n7hpgrcw]Sounds good, the problem I was having was that the region has never really been specified, so I wasn't certain what kind of terrain might be nearby. I'm guessing maybe somewhere near the High Moor? That might make sense, though I don't recall any mountains in that immediate area. A cult centered around a green or black might make more sense in that case, so I might just make it another island or something.[/quote:n7hpgrcw]

Well ASCII art is hard, this is what well know about the region, The high Moor cleasrly should would. Many get lost there.

Begin map:

Key:
B = Border
. = swamp
L = Lake
* = unknown
H = Island
I could include path however I have determined the dry path is changed from time to time by magic. Thus the current maps looks something like this, oh and not scaled.

*********BB**********
********......**********
*******..........*********
****........H........*******
****.....LLHH..........*****
*****...LLHHH...........***
******.L..HH..........*****
*******.............*******
**********....*********

The map clearly not perfect, a stream in and out of the lake can make sense, though a swamp clearly has water flow though it without any clear entry or exit, though mostly such a pool without flow just gets silted in, becoming a part of the swamp. Within the undefined areas clearly there can be anything and clearly Derek is there some place as well as the orcs , kobolds and swamp trolls (I forgot to mention before because such a creature appears to live in a swamp).
Even this draft clearly does not answer all, in the end the Island might have a different shape, almost certainly the lake needs inflow and ex-flow. As I indicated before the swamp could be far larger allowing for other Islands, I though believe it more likely Dragon cult exists some where among the "*" or undefined space of which can be anything.
This offer is basically an estimate of what we know.

i
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nessie not only can teleport, but can make herself invisible

As for the cults of tiamat, I don't think the locations of such temples, or shrines would be divulged so easily. You are talking about a highly chaotic diety, whether or not she's evil(IMO) is another case. She's the essense of chaos, and chaos by itself by definition is a very unbiased "entity" thus in a sense would be "neutral"

with that, you probably would find shrines of her hidden away in mountains, deep forests, underground, or maybe in some cases(as it'd make sense) where five types of terrain converge into one point. Or where magic is highly sporradic thus chaotic. To me this would make the most sense to as where such

Personally if you want to look to as where her temple would be, i'd say look for where a temple for Bahamut would be, and look for a place of the opposite spectrum. If he's in a peaceful lofty place then hers would be in a turbulant location but safe from the elements(ie volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, natural disasters of anykind) and going by the babylonian incluence, i'd say her location would be near salt water, so salt water marshes, the ocean, brackish waters would be good places to look. Also check along the ocean, perhaps where the water is always turbulant and restless. tomorrow I'll do some research and give a better answer to where one would exactly find a temple to the dragon goddess.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":406fu09d]
Begin map:

Key:
B = Border
. = swamp
L = Lake
* = unknown
H = Island
I could include path however I have determined the dry path is changed from time to time by magic. Thus the current maps looks something like this, oh and not scaled.

*********BB**********
********......**********
*******..........*********
****........H........*******
****.....LLHH..........*****
*****...LLHHH...........***
******.L..HH..........*****
*******.............*******
**********....*********
[/quote:406fu09d]

thats talent.... :D
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well Nessie is everything, however not sure is in lake.

As to the ASCII art, if you believe that is good, you have not seen good ASCII art. I have seen very impressive things done, though these day actually sending a picture is easy. *G*
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Ok. I'm just confused as to what this is about; is it a discussion about dragons or mythical creatures or what.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="veraka":2rnw3h4f]Ok. I'm just confused as to what this is about; is it a discussion about dragons or mythical creatures or what.[/quote:2rnw3h4f]

The discussion is about the RP thread On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp
, viewtopic.php?t=1134

As such it discusses things occurring, and some times might occur, in the RP.

Perth is my creation, something in the lake. I have not decided yet what she/he/it is. Thus some of the discussion is advise on what the creature Perth should be defined as. Nessie has a vote, Mist Dragon has been another, there also is out there a really big water snake.

Not sure if I answered your confusion.