Breathing Swamp

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

oooo he could be a giant water snake... :D

from what i guess, guys have an honor and a code. for us, whatever u can do to win goes. no rules, no honor.

I 'locked' her up b/c I got busy with other RP and she was only gunna play a small role in this one. I started it back when I had nowhere to write.

as for captured, I figured he's real powerful or was employed by someone or just got lucky b/c of her inexperience of the surface. gotta think how to get her out of there. give me a bit to come up with something good.
If Derek wants/tries to send her, she can break the command and get away. or something.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As you might have noticed, my characters are still in development.

As already indicated I have not decided what Perth is, except a lake dweller.

As to the rest, they are growing.

Jordon, male, human, appears to be part bard and ranger, maybe a change dancier?

Jenia, female, half-orc, barbarian with other classes (not a Priestess, though maybe ranger)

Eilae, female, Human, High Priestess (of the group so far), skilled in portals and nature (Maybe some levels as Druid?).

Nuta, female, Drow, Priestess, the healer of the group.

Micha, female, Drow, Priestess, the combat cleric of the group.

Siew, male, Drow, class not determined yet (odds on some wizard and at least a few levels Fighter)

Club, male, Drow, class not determined yet (odds on some fighter and at least a few levels Fighter). Known to dislike non Drow of the group.

Smust, male, Drow, class not determined yet (odds on some wizard and at least a few levels Fighter)

Derek, male, Drow, Wizard (with maybe some other classes). Wants the Island that right now is ruled by the good Drow. He has leadership control of some orcs and kobolds, maybe others as well.

((As time and interaction occurs, the others will grow as well.))
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

:eek: how do u not have an idenity crises? lol
i'd get so confused....my altar egos have enough problems as it is!

that does help some tho... these characters u always play or ones that have come up it over the course of the RP?

if u need someone to help you with them (RP, ect) let me know...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":g4kt01lb]:eek: how do u not have an idenity crises? lol
i'd get so confused....my altar egos have enough problems as it is!

that does help some tho... these characters u always play or ones that have come up it over the course of the RP?

if u need someone to help you with them (RP, ect) let me know...[/quote:g4kt01lb]

Each character develops as play goes on, it is not a problem. I alas do not not 300 characters that others I have played with have done. It never is a problem making a character, it only becomes a problem when a character happens to change with no see able reason.

I have done it with my Evils as well as the Goods, I have played assassins and defenders of the target. It only gets harder when playing against yourself (some times I use dice to decide winner).

I have, maybe been ding this too long?
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

haha
the 'trusty ol dice'...
the hardest would be play another gender, cant truly understand the other gender's mindset or thinking processes and stuff. (even if that person is on the extreme of their gender...)

how long u been doing this?

we fight ourself all the time, but prolly not the same way... ;)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":3qy8yqi3]haha
the 'trusty ol dice'...[/quote:3qy8yqi3]
Some times is fairer [quote:3qy8yqi3]
the hardest would be play another gender, cant truly understand the other gender's mindset or thinking processes and stuff. (even if that person is on the extreme of their gender...)[/quote:3qy8yqi3]
I will not claim to fully understand both genders, however I have been called a best boy friend and a best girl friend.[quote:3qy8yqi3]

how long u been doing this?

[/quote:3qy8yqi3]
Sometimes I think too long.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Yeah, I've been playing off and on for about fourteen years now, myself. As to the whole playing other gender thing, I've never had a problem getting into a guy's head, it's not as hard as one might think. I've spent so much time around guys that I tend to think of myself as "one of the boys" sometimes. They're easier for me to relate to than most girls, for some weird reason, lol!

Playing multiple characters is the hardest- it's keeping them all straight that occasionally gets confusing. Usually I keep it to just two or three, in that case. Much easier to keep track of!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

I would have never guessed u as female. I assumed the gender under the profile pix was what everyone was. hmmmm. lol
...and playing for 14 yrs! wow! i first got into fantasy and RPG when i started college when i was introduced to NWN. then got into playing some table top games.

I'm kinda in between or a neutral, especially in rational/logical thinking as oppose to emotional thinking. i grew up around guys, hung out with them, ect...so i think alot like them. plus not too many girls get into RPG's here...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Hehehe! You mean my profile name didn't give it away? Not the one that shows up on posts, but the one that it uses as your profile, I mean. Don't worry, youre not the first!

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

haha figures i'd miss something like that... :-[
the user names can be different than the name above ur pix? oh well....
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Heh, yeah. I guess that kinda throws some people. I occasionally enjoy playing the opposite gender, just for variety, and this lad happens to be one of my current faves. Another one is my male human wizard/monk/enlightened fist. He goes by the name Petrius, and dresses for battle in a blue bodysuit with a red vest, gloves, and boots with wepatterns on them, with a long black hooded cloak that covers his face. He has a pretty powerful unarmed attack, and also uses web spells, spider climb, jump, and some ability buff spells a lot. Yes, he is EXACTLY who he sounds like! (It was my half-joking experiment with using superheroes as D&D PC's- it works surprisingly well...) I'm considering doing a hairy dwarf ranger/barbarian with claw bracers and the fast heal feat, or perhaps a half-orc barbarian with high intel who only looks orcish when he rages...? :D :p Okay, admitting to my comic-geekiness now....

On a side-note, I was introduced to the game in high scool, but didn't really start playing until I started dating my now-hubby a year of so after we graduated. Morg is one of my oldest D&D characters, which is why she seems a bit more powerful than most- she's been through two game editions, and stayed more-or-less the same all the way. A lvl 10 fighter/10 thief(rogue)/12 wizard/ 3 assassin. She's also the one I play when I'm in a mood to be really evil and nasty- my only truly evil PC in all the years I've played, except for her dragon "friend" Helstrom. Really BIG advanced(legendary?) great wyrm red with a bad attitude and aspirations of joining Tiamat as a consort-god. Yup, they're one nasty pair to run across.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well I want to kill Morg and as far as that goes Derek, those orcs, trolls and kobolds that follow the path of Evil.

I have left open how much power can be brought to bear for the forces of Good, however Aylstra and I have also left open the number of Evil forces that can be sent to fight good.

The level of play also appears to be open, though clearly indications of jigh level play.

The goal of play is overall fun for all players, it is not required that one side wins as opposed to the other. At this time all I am asking is what the players might want to see. Actual play, especially combat. can change desired results.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Well, I don't know how high level I'd call it, except for her, the boy's only about lvl nine in my home campaign, or twelve if I use the stats for him here. And then ther is the Battledancer class I worked up just for him, which would be, I dunno, lvl ten-ish, maybe? I'd have to dig it out to check.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I plan to High Hunt Morg, alas I am also planning Derek and Morg attacking the Island.

What I am right now looking at is a next day attack.

Irnii, I am sorry that I did not get a sense you still wanted to chat with Micha, my post clearly would have been better if I had sensed it.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

it didnt matter, im not real good with long conversations so micha walkin off worked well anyway.
so no problem...

im gunna stay there till i get word of 'lets go' or someone moseys my way anyway...