Breathing Swamp

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Breathing Swamp

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hi all,

I believe this thread needed to be started awhile ago, however choose not to do so then.

FF clearly allows anyone to enter and post, this is the nature of FF.

I would though remind players that it is a story building, no one should be blind sided as too events posted. Nor should there be expectations that a player will take one a new NPC without discussing with them in advance.
I was indirectly asked to come up with the BEBG (Big Evil Bad Guy) for the leader of the attack of my small band. This I did do though character not fully developed. Doing so is not my task as moderator or as a player.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

If you were speaking about me, I apologize. I was simply taking it that you were acting as the "GM" as it were on that thread, not that it was anyone in particular's job to do so. Usually it seems to fall to whoever started the thread, but I've also noticed most people tend to defer to Mods on that subject. If anyone else wishes to come up with one, that is fine too, it just seemed like you were taking the lead. My bad.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

too bad the starter of the RP left it. but i also thought ur were the one to move the direction (DM guy). i didnt want to push it too much b/c it wasnt mine.
mainly wanted ideas, so i knew what direction we wanted it to go.

but any NPC u want me to attempt, let me know. I had a couple ideas, like nightshadows (or connected w/ Inrii) after me or Lloth's bounty hunter come after me but I didnt want all the focus, so I thought maybe someone else wanted an enemy after them. im always on the run...haha...i must like being hunted...hmmmm?
if I need to take the charge, I will.

so can we advertise to get people to play NPC's?
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

In Free Flow everyone is a GM for what they wish to add, they are also the players. PCs and NPCs in someways means nothing in free flow. A poster can make an NPC Kobold to be killed quickly in battle by the player or another player.

As far as me playing many characters, this is not the first time and does not make me DM because I play more then one. Campaigns [tagged] are one user leading and controlling the story.

I am not boss as far as RP goes, my being green has the duty of making sure things do not go out of bounds of posting rules.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

That's alright, it was just a case of misunderstanding how it was being run. I guess that means we should just add things in as we go? I'm fine with that. I didn't mean to suggest anyone was "boss", just that it felt like it was going that way. Sometimes the free form ones get a little confusing as to exactly who is running it at any given moment.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":2ov82obo]That's alright, it was just a case of misunderstanding how it was being run. I guess that means we should just add things in as we go? I'm fine with that. I didn't mean to suggest anyone was "boss", just that it felt like it was going that way. Sometimes the free form ones get a little confusing as to exactly who is running it at any given moment.[/quote:2ov82obo]

That is because no one is running it that it becomes confusing, and sometimes falls apart.

No one is in charge, each is GM and player. You offer a character (or many) you have duty to react for them. Oh there is a bit of latitude of hordes of Kobolds throwing themselves on swords just to die, or other minor distraction that is not much of a real Role Play occurrence. The thing like blade dancing against the low level NPCs is just a statement of being higher level.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

yeah i apologize, too. there right, never assume...it make *one* out of u and me..

i saw u got my message so no need to write it again.

[quote="Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar":2izke9xe]too bad the starter of the RP left it. but i also thought ur were the one to move the direction (DM guy). i didnt want to push it too much b/c it wasnt mine.
mainly wanted ideas, so i knew what direction we wanted it to go.

but any NPC u want me to attempt, let me know. I had a couple ideas, like nightshadows (or connected w/ Inrii) after me or Lloth's bounty hunters come after me but I didnt want all the focus, so I thought maybe someone else wanted an enemy after them. im always on the run...haha...i must like being hunted...hmmmm?
if I need to take the charge, I will.

so can we advertise to get people to play NPC's?[/quote:2izke9xe]

shhhh Zarae...people will know we know each other....lol.
so they captured u and after us both? funny....and uncle jezz aint after me, their after you...hmmmm... he might think im still on his side then... :devil:
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

This is why I sometimes wish my pc wasn't from another world- it's hard to have any enemies after you when no one knows who you are! But I might be able to introduce one, if it comes to that...

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":6lnh98rk]This is why I sometimes wish my pc wasn't from another world- it's hard to have any enemies after you when no one knows who you are! But I might be able to introduce one, if it comes to that...[/quote:6lnh98rk]

Well you know have an enemy, Derek clearly not pleased with you interfering with his plans. I have no idea how many you killed but it clearly was a large percentage of the total attack plan.

As Derek claim into existence after the attack, I need to invent his battle plan as a back story. Details might alter in the RP however my current thoughts are that Derek wishes to remove the Eilstrance presence in the swamp. Perhaps to build a tower on the Island, perhaps just to expand his control of land.

In any event as I see it the attack was planned to remove one Priestess, causing confusion among the rest. The 30 to 50 minions were to attack during the confusion to kill others, perhaps all but in any event weaken if another attack was indicated. Derek did not know of the two visitors which of course changed the course of the battle.

Inrii was targeted as one of the Drow Priestess that from time to time wonder away for Eve Sing from the group. The lightning bolt of course meant to kill. Her defenses prevented that death, however his minions were order to attack and kill all they could after the spell was cast.

The minions however found not 7 defenders as planned, but instead 10 as the battle turned too quickly against them. Retreat was not an option available to them - returning without success meant that Derek would kill them and/or their families.

Right now Derek needs to study a little more about how to claim the land and get rid of the tree huggers *G*
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":1xcn67zh]This is why I sometimes wish my pc wasn't from another world- it's hard to have any enemies after you when no one knows who you are! But I might be able to introduce one, if it comes to that...[/quote:1xcn67zh]

i could conjure you up an enemy ;)
or
u can have mine...whoever they be

a giant meat ball rolls tword ya, he's hungry and mad at someone touching his noodles...he spouts sauce at u in an attempt to slow you down...

tree huggers? haha i used to get called that...i cant help it, my ancestors passed their love, respect and appreciation of nature on to me. not all NDN's are tree huggers per-say...we just knew better...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*blink*

NDN's?
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[quote="Bhaern Quel":1jzhqgy7]*blink*

NDN's?[/quote:1jzhqgy7]

short hand way to say Indian or Native American... I'm cherokee/commanche...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Really? Where from? I've been told that I've got some NA blood, one of those two, can't recall which- plus some Apache, if my uncle was telling the truth. (Can't verify as I don't know for sure who my dad was, and my mom won't tell. But he gives me a different story than she does, so...) I'm at least third-gen native-born Texan, BTW, so it's possible.

RP'wise, he's got a sister who could possibly have tracked him down- she's a pretty accomplished wizard, after all. She's one of my oldest pc's, and the only evil one I ever played, drow or otherwise. But that would be more of a personal grudge. Still, could be fun to bring her in!

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

well, I've lived in FL since i was 3 and raised in the country in the panhandle aslo known as lower AL. I wish i could have been brought up in the traditional ways of my people...:( Since I dont know my biological dad, I'm not sure what I get from his side, likely some german. My mom was too lazy to do any of the paperwork and stuff. and i know nothing of my family history/background. too much secrets and lies...but oh well...

cool, now everyones hunted... but u didnt beat up my meatball..;)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"))is perth like Nessie? a leviathan or something?((

Zarae sat in the globe hopeless. When Derek got more ticked then intrigued, she knew it didnt bode well for her. Her past punishments from her mother and sister flashed before her eyes, driving her into more hopelessness.

((what is it bout a 'cat' fight men like...lol. i'll never understand))"

I have not yet decided what/who Perth is. Perhaps a lake dragon or just a overgrown catfish. *G*

As for cat fights, as I understand should things males like to see hair pulling and tearing off of clothes. Girls do have other fight rules then boys.

I still am not sure how Derek captured or trapped Zarae, this information might be useful. It is hard to use a tool when I do not understand it. Maybe you should escape soon?