A Masked Traitor in the underdark (Idea)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

A Masked Traitor in the underdark (Idea)

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

heres a pitch , a masked traitor in a drow city worships lloth on the surface vhauren underneath and explore her trials and tribulations... seeing where she ends up.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: A Masked Traitor in the underdark (Idea)

Post by Bhaern Quel »

An interesting idea.

I would be willing to try a play in this.

The background city and surface certainly need some back ground.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Ok not sure on some things want to go freeform or 2nd Edition... I'd prefer freeform myself.

And on the surface to be clear I mean she PRETENDS to still serve lloth, not that she goes up to the surface all the time.

Well the traitor could be anything from a Crusader to a Arachne, preferably in the 2nd edit verse (e.g. no war of the spider queen, no draegloths)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

No problem 2nd Edition. Still need a starting city. Some background. Could use Menzoberranzan I suppose.
I do know what a darkmasks is. http://trismegist.narod.ru/de_vhaeraun_eng.html Just a scene setting is needed. I could play a roll of Matron, ally or nuetral. Maybe all three to freeflow a play.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Masked Traitor was in Demihuman deitys

it refers to a Priestess of lloth whos chosen to betray her to vhauren getting spells from both.

If shes discovered... shes in deep shit..

oh what about a RIVAL who our Masked Traitor deeply despises and opposes.

maybe even WHY shes willing to renounce her faith to get ANY edge.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Make a character and starting city and I can help with a Spider kisser if you want. :)
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

ok hmmmn say menzoberranzan

Do you think I should be a noble or not?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Clearly a Masked traitor would be of one of the Houses, I would think. Being a priestess almost makes a Noble no matter which House. You might want to be member of 9th House to avoid any lore objections. A Masked Traitor most likely would not be Matron, however might be close to the top - I am not sure how that works.

Other option might be a Merchant (trading families) House which I believe also has Priestess within their ranks. That might be a safer place to hide and also would allow explanation of travel to surface should you still expect that to happen.

I really do not know how well or high into the Hierarchy any Masked traitor ever got.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

hmmmn fair points... also theirs clerics amongst the commoners, who emerge occasionaly. though they dont hold the status or prestige of a high priestess.

but say the 19th or so house sitting far from the ruling council?

And not matron but maybe the 2nd born daughter and trying to strike at my elder sister, to take her place as heir to the matrons throne

that makes the house weak enough the city may not pay much attention to it... so if its coopted by vhauren... it might give sanctuary or information to his followers. but wont be able to start a coup, sadly.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

This sounds like it could work.
Roll I could play, if not more then one, might be male follower, maybe Master of Arms or at least fairly high in
house protection.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Would a bugbear or hobgoblin slave work?

Hmmmn want to play through her initial becoming a masked Traitor in the first scene, with Vhauren soliciting her? and her accepting.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well slaves clearly would be in any House of Mezzo, Bugbear, Goblins or Hobgoblins clearly common slaves. The more trusted of crouse armed guards. First line troops, never inner guard.

Certainly you can open as you wish, I should be able to find some roles to add to the play.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

She might at some point try acquiring a bugbear bodyguard what im thinking...

started the thread...

http://eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15083
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I did not forget you. Just having a hard time composing best way to entice to Vhaeraun. I do not do this type of recruitment often, I have more practice at recruiting for Eilistraee. ;)
Right now I am debating having shadows reaching out or already have a follower (male) already a follower (Maybe Priest). Do you have any preference or other good ways to recruit?
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

shadows reaching out to her is funner let her find vhaurens followers on her own