a short Bio of T'risstree Helviiryn

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

a short Bio of T'risstree Helviiryn

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[color=blue:1h7w6n2w][i:1h7w6n2w]Vendui abbilen lu' floh'len d'lil olath an'ar.[/color:1h7w6n2w]

[color=green:1h7w6n2w]*smiles warmly and bows slightly*[/color:1h7w6n2w]

[color=blue:1h7w6n2w]I thought I might tell you a little about myself and where I have come from before arriving here at this sanctuary.
Below is a brief outline of who I am.
Feel free to ask me any questions and I hope to get to know you better in time. [/i:1h7w6n2w] [/color:1h7w6n2w]

Full Name: T'risstree Helviiryn
Class: Cleric/Thief/Shadow Dancer
Alignment: Neutral Good
Patron Deity: Eilistraee
Race: Drow
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 116 lbs

Hair: Long silky silvery white hair that descends half way down her back. It is mostly tied into a long platted pony tail with her fringe left free and some small bangs around her temples. For formal occasions she will put up her hair into an ornate bun held up with many jeweled pins and hair clips.

Eyes: Golden Amber

[b:1h7w6n2w]Appearance:[/b:1h7w6n2w] T'risstree has the physique of a dancer. She walks with a light step and gentle grace. Although not stunningly beautiful, she is the sort of woman people would describe as having a quiet beauty, one who at first glance would not illicit comment but on further study, she would begin to intrigue you.

She has a heart shaped face, a narrow chin and high cheek bones and a regular jawline. She has large almond shaped eyes and golden/amber coloured irises as well as a small mouth with full sensulous dark lips. Her skin is a very dark/dusky purple/blackish colour and she takes meticulous care and pride in her looks and appearance. She knows she is not the prettiest girl but she knows she is pretty enough and she isn't bothered or worried too much by other womens good looks.

She is rather busty and has a large bra size <not saying how big :p>, narrow waist and has flat muscular stomach from her dancing. She is well trained as a dancer and loves to belly dance when she is able to. Her arms are thin, lean and muscular and her hands and fingers are long and delicate but strong and calloused from weilding her bastard sword. She has firm muscular legs which are very strong from her dancing training.

[url=http://elborja.deviantart.com/art/Ancie ... 8:1h7w6n2w]Her picture courtsey of deviantArt[/url:1h7w6n2w]
< that's the way I see her :D >

T'risstree has no tattoos or major piercings. She only has two small earing studs made of champagne colored diamonds <golden colored>

[b:1h7w6n2w]History:[/b:1h7w6n2w]

Born in the city of Rilauven, T'risstree was a the second child to Matron Mother Mizzrym of the house Helviiryn. The house was positioned in the middle order as Matron Mother Mizzrym saw wisdom is not attracting the attentions of those more powerful than her house and could excert enough power over the lesser houses for what ever she needed.

T'risstree's older sister, Larynda grew in power as a cleric of Lloth and was unimpressed by her mothers careful strategy of dominating the middle ground. Larynda sought power for its own sake, not caring for the consequences that rash and ill considered actions may bring in the future.

Meanwhile, T'risstree threw herself into becoming a Shadow Dancer, mastering the lethal art of the whirling bladed dance of death. Her tutor was a house slave, an older male named Guldor Glaurach who came from one of the lesser houses that her mother had destroyed years before. House Glaurach was taken down after it was discovered by Matron Mother Mizzrym's spies that many in the house were secretly worshipping Eilistraee and so she acted swiftly by launching an all out assault on house Glaurach wihich resulted in her earning enough praise and respect from the greater houses. Guldor was one of the prizes that came from the destruction of house Glaurach. Publically he renounced Eilistraee but in his secret heart, he never let go of her.

Over time, T'risstree grew fond of her tutor as she mastered the art of Shadow Dancing. Guldor slowly and cautiously introduced subtle lessons and used indirect parables to show the truth about Lloth's insanity and the vision that Eilistraee had for her people.

T'risstree began to change her attitude after her sister Larynda usurped their mother by murdering her and setting the house on a quest for power. Larynda set to attacking more powerful houses directly. At first she was successful as she had seen the wisdom in dominating the lesser houses which she now used as shock troops in her assaults. However, just as her plans to make house Helviiryn a greater power, there was a shock coup in the city as worshippers of Vhaeraun overthrew the Matron Mothers of Lloth.

Larynda and her house were seen to be a threat to the new order. The new rulers launched a sneak attack, bringing in the lesser houses that Larynda had so cruely used previously to further her own aims. House Helviiryn was also attacked from within by many of the males who had seized teir chance to overthrow the worship of Lloth.

T'risstree and Guldor used the chaos of the attack to flee the city and head for freedom on the surface. They emerged near the city of Neverwinter as dawn was breaking. Sadly though, a patrol of soliders from Neverwinter discovered them and immediately attacked. Guldor held them at bay, yelling at T'risstree to run for her life. T'risstree managed to escape but was alone and lost in a world just as hostile to her as the one she had fled. She wandered alone, avpiding all contact with anyone. Eventually, she began to starve as she was unable to hunt well since she had no bow or snares. She collapsed unconscious, passing out from fatigue and hunger in the woods to the east of Luskan.

She awoke to find herself in bed in a small rough wooden shack. An old human witch, Shanilath, had found T'risstree near her house and deceided to rescue her out of a whim of fancy. Shanilath nursed the drow back to health and slowly gained her trust. She taught T'risstree aabout the ways of the woods and educated her about the new world that T'risstree had found herself in. In return, T'risstree tried to convert the witch to the worship of Eilistraee. Shanilath was bemused as she had no time for any gods and they would discuss philosophy and religion well into the night.

T'risstree lived with the witch for almost a year. Towards winter, Shanilaths health began to rapidly decline. T'risstree tried to use her clerical magics to aid her benefactor however Shanilath was just too old to be helped by simple healing spells. The witch began to start to take a serious interest in Eilistraee as her body failed her. Eventually, before she was totally bed-ridden she converted and accepted the Dark Dancer as her goddess. T'risstree was elated but her joy was cut short the next evening as Shanilath grew ever weaker.

She sat next to the bed, holding the withered old hand of the only other being who had showed her compassion. Her heart was breaking as she watched the woman, who secretly she saw as her mother, slowly die. Then, as the moon rose in the night sky, a wordless aching melanchonic song drifted through the snow covered trees. Both women immediately knew that the goddess was nearby. Helping Shanilath to her feet, they struggled outside into the freezing cold night. The moonlight glinted, glistened and sparkled over the pure white snow covered landscape.

T'risstree struggled through the deep snow, carrying Shanilath in her arms. They came upon a glade in the silent forest. Shanilath nagged T'risstree to put her down. Reluctantly she complied and set the old woman down. The achingly haunting song grew louder. T'risstree searched the forest and the sky to catch a glimpse of her goddess. She truned back and was stunned to see Shanilath growing younger before her eyes. In just a few moments, the years of age and hardship vanished from Shanilath's visage and she stood now strong, healthy and beautiful as she was in the prime of her youth. Her long grey hair was now a lustrous deep fiery red. Shanilath giggled brightly as she stepped forward, shedding her threadbare shawl and worn out black dress. Dancing lightly over the snow covered ground, she began to leap and twirl as the song grew ever louder.

T'risstree tried to join Shanilath in the dance but found she was frozen to the spot, unable to move a muscle. She tried to call out but no sound came from her lips.

"Hush child, this dance is not for you. Shanilath is going where you do not belong yet. Rejoice as her soul is set free," sang Eilistraee as she manifested in a blinding flash of silver light, joining Shanilath in the glorious dance. Both goddess and human woman raised their voices in joyous celebratory song and they began to spirial upwards into the clear night moonlit sky. They blazed like a comets tail as they flew upwards. T'risstree could no longer look at the intense radiance, casting her eyes downwards. When she looked back, they were gone leaving only the lingering song sighing on the cold wind. Free from Eilistraee's hold, she lifted her own voice and sang of her love for the woman who had shown her kindness when none was expected.

T'risstree returned to the shack. She lingered at the doorway, looking at the humble room which she had shared for a year with Shanilath. Taking the few things that mattered to her and that were of use, she quietly closed the door and left the shack, stepping out into the world better prepared than she was over a year ago.

Since that night, T'risstree has wandered up and down the Sword Coast, a lone traveller, fighting evil in it's many forms and aiding the oppressed, weak and helpless.
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:va0bi02p]Since there may be some combat I thought it best to post some stats.[/color:va0bi02p]

T’risstree

Female Drow

Cleric 7/ Thief 7/Shadow Dancer 6

STR: 14 +1
DEX: 18 +4
CON: 10 +0
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 16 +3
CHA: 12 +1

Init: +4 (+4 Dex)
Speed: 30’
Attack: +16/+11/+5 melee, or +13/+8 ranged;

AC 14 (+4 Dex) + Mobility (+4) + Shadow Leather Amour +4 = 23

HP = 89

Languages: Drow, Dark Elf Silent, Duergar, Orc, Common,

Skills:

Concentration +12,
Discipline +6,
Disable Trap +6,
Gather information +8,
Heal +11,
Hide +26,
Intimidate +5,
Intuit direction +5,
Knowledge (arcana) +10,
Listen +17,
Lore +10
Move silently +21,
Open Lock +10
Perform (dance) +10
Search +13,
Spot +19,
Swim +6,
Tumble +19,
Use magic device +9;

Feats:

Alertness
Combat casting,
Dark Vision
Defensive Roll
Dodge
Evasion
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Hide In Plain Sight
Lightning Reflexes
Magic Domain Powers
Mobility
Quick to Master
Shadow Evade
Silent spell,
Spring Attack
Sneak Attack (+4d6)
Summon Shadow
Travel Domain Powers
Uncanny Dodge II
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Zzadrina asked what T'risstree's theme music might be.

I think "Exile" by Enya suits her perfectly.

[youtube:2p5l0pd0]mTyskUb4wNk[/youtube:2p5l0pd0]

[color=blue:2p5l0pd0]

[i:2p5l0pd0]Cold as the northern winds
In December mornings,
Cold is the cry that rings
From this far distant shore.

Winter has come too late
Too close beside me.
How can I chase away
All these fears deep inside?

I'll wait the signs to come.
I'll find a way
I will wait the time to come.
I'll find a way home.

My light shall be the moon
And my path - the ocean.
My guide the morning star
As I sail home to you.

I'll wait the signs to come.
I'll find a way
I will wait the time to come.
I'll find a way home.

Who then can warm my soul?
Who can quell my passion?
Out of these dreams - a boat
I will sail home to you.[/i:2p5l0pd0][/color:2p5l0pd0]
clicky2cme
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

This is the voice I imagine T'risstree to have :)

Its hesitent, a little rough, breathy but strong, powerful and she's able to sing out aloud and in tune when she really has something that has inspired her to sing.

[youtube:6zel2g8e]Oq5ItFCyg9E[/youtube:6zel2g8e]

:D
clicky2cme
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

edit: removed picture cause i don't have permission to post it & my friend says i shouldn't take other peoples work without asking :angel:

I'm a calaneder girl :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Yes that's me ;)

T'risstree is Miss July '09

tah-dah! :D

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs39/i/2008/ ... nuka76.jpg
clicky2cme
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Impressive, I like the amount of detail in her; awesome history background as well 8)
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

good character concept, fellow rogue/shadowdancer

how did you get someone to do a pix of your character?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

^.^

:D

Thank you Zarae for your kind words :)

Well as to getting an artist to do a picture of your character, there are many really wonderfully talented artists on Deviant Art who are more than willing to take on paid commisions to illustrate your OC.

Now of course their fees will vary from artist to artist and it is important that you give them as much information, descriptively, about your OC so that they can get a mental picture of how they might draw your OC.

Remember though, what they draw and you envisage the OC to be looking like might be two different images and its important to communicate this with the artist you have hired.

The best way forward is to first pick the artist who's style and art you like and then send them a PM asking if they are accepting commisions.

Talwyn has had quite a few done [he must be loaded! ;) :p ] and his Drow art gallery is really extensive so I think you might be best starting there and looking through the hundreds of images he's collected and picking the artist you like to hire to draw your OC.

:)
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Just a quick quetion t'riss:

what spells and equipment is T'risstree normally carrying?
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Oh sorry, completely forgot to do that :/

my bad :'(

I'll have something ready asap ;)
clicky2cme