Comments on "Darksong"

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

still readin. i do like the acadamy story line. keep up the good work
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Thanks! I am putting up some more now, hope people are liking this! And if anyone has comments or questions, feel free to let me know. Also I may link some art that sort of fits with the story....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

not totally related, but since your more knowledgeable,
with all the debate of elven age/maturity and stuff, how did you decided leveling up, ages, maturity, physical looks, ect?

ie, does your 20 yr drow look like a 20 yr human or more like a 10 yr old?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Basic Elven lore has a 20 year old elf looking like an adult, maturity comes something like 40 years - if no longer- afterward.
I very along adolescence period *Wink*
Just picture being a teenager for 60 or so years *G*
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I used some of the standard elven age charts combined with my own logical interpretation of elven age/maturity progression vs human. With a typical lifespan of 500+ years, and the fact that most elves are not even fully and/or sexually mature until at least 90, I did some figuring.

What I came up with was a an age progression that starts at about 1/2 that of a human for the first twenty years or so, then slows down dramatically. In other words, at ten, an elf child would be about as physically and mentally mature as a human five-year-old, and at twenty-five, it would be roughly equal to a 12-yr-old. It slows down to about 1/5 from there until "adulthood" (somewhere between 90-110 yrs). That is my estimate, at least. It's not entirely in-line with Ed's "official" aging of elves, but it makes sense for their lifespan according to the age-charts in 2nd ed sources. I never really understood why a race that took so long to grow up would be physically the same as a human at such a young age in the first place.

Also, I was keeping in mind that drow are among the shorter-lived races of elves, probably due to living underground away from the sun (which they seem to draw some nourishment from). Since they don't live quite as long, they would also age slightly faster- which makes Lothir almost the same age as Vala in maturity, even though she is actually almost a decade older.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188