Hesitation of the worst kind

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kyruu Xiloscint
Maid
Maid

Hesitation of the worst kind

Post by Kyruu Xiloscint »

[color=green:qgojfm4a]I'm a little hesitant to just jump into any of the rp's.... While I'm quite familiar with drow, I just don't know everyone's preference... I fear rejection...a common fear...

So here I stand on the diving board saying,"Ok...jump?"[/color:qgojfm4a]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Jump, the water is cool.

There clearly can be a problem fitting into a RP, however this is true of any game.

In general we do not bite, though from time to time try to kill characters, we never try to kill the player.

The other problem that occurs though is play can be very slow at times. There is no set rule of when an absent player does not post for a while, that another player can or should post.

Yout first try likely should be a thread that has few players and has been active within the last two weeks. Yes I know that gives you lottle to work with.
Or start a new thread with enough intro to define the setting you want your character to play in.

Please do not post as a new thread, approaches the city and expect somebody else to build the city. While I can build cites, temples and so on , as can others, what we come up with might end up being a setting you do not want to play in.

The number that play by post is small and some do not well fit into type of play of others. It will not be easy, but with luck the right combination will occur for you.

The Shadow Dragon thread is active, however I forsee problems for it. Player interaction matters and it does not look good to me.

You of course could set up a Campaign as well. Doing this would allow you to decide which players and characters are permitted.

RP can be fun, even by posts, but it needs to be fun for all players.

Play will likely be slow no matter what option you select.
Kyruu Xiloscint
Maid
Maid

Post by Kyruu Xiloscint »

Hmm...I have more experience with pen and paper D&D, do I suppose this'll be tricky....I might be a while then...building campain...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kyruu Xiloscint":2l603hl7]Hmm...I have more experience with pen and paper D&D, do I suppose this'll be tricky....I might be a while then...building campain...[/quote:2l603hl7]

It is different, then just being the DM. Unless you just want to DM a campaign, which clearly is permitted,

Starting a campaign takes little though as gar as the goes, the Red Eye Clan was a spin off of another role play, it is no longer active because a key player disappeared (As far as it goes I have not seen some of the other players active as well).

The current population is not active, which makes starting or continuing role play a matter of patience if it is attractive. It will go no where if your setup attracts no one, unless you solo play NPCs and or PCs (you can play as many as you desire).

To start a campaign is a statement that it is a campaign as opposed to free flow.
You need to define rule set you are using.
It should go without saying, but should say you need to approve characters before posting in the campaign.

You will need to define a location, you will need to define what rules you are using and you need to define level of play you want to start with.

Example:

Campaign, Red Eye Clan part 2

Location a cave South of the vast swamps.

Level of Characters no more the 5

Using 3.0 rules.

Preferred classes Orc or half Orc, other races considered and could be approved.

In addition to things like this you need to set the scene and I advise that you do in in your first post.

Example: The Red Eye Clan lives South of a human teritory and reside in a cave. Near the cave there is a stream of water where the clan washes clothes and collect drinking water. The leader is Snag at this time, however there is always a tension of the second to become leader (by killing the leader). The clan raids mostly at night the human village, hunt as well mostly during the night.

Clearly it depends on what you hope to play, the Red Eye likely will not be revived, bit I offered a brief summery of what the set up was.

It does not take much to do a setup as long as you know the theme you want to play and feel comfortable with users that you approve (In extreme cases, a player can be ejected should they no longer be desired for style of play - if one does not take your private direction this is the reason I am green).

I advise if you start a campaign you start an OOC thread for applications and questions about the setting. As for player information for PCs you of course can decide on private message, emailor any IM (that is up to you).