Joining RP sessions

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

Joining RP sessions

Post by DoesItMatterWho »

I want to first welcome any and all to join in on my rp session, entitled the Path of the Timedancer. I'm not picky - dive on in.

I am also curious as to whether or not there is any protocol in joining another storyline. I don't just assume my rp would be welcome.
Always remember - you can't have manslaughter without laughter.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

To join another there is advice that one should follow.

Do not enter with an overpowering character. One should join as friend or foe at comparable power levels.

Enter the role play with some explaination, it could be portal, walking, riding almost anyway that would read as a reasonable way to enter the RP. In general it is poor form to indicate you were there from the first but only now decided to post (there can be exceptions if someone asks in the
lOOC section for someone to take up a role as if was always there or other special cases).

In general it is expected to wait for all other members to post before you post again, sometimes exceptions made sense however if two players are doing a side trip and expect to make many posts they should start another thread. There were a few examples of this, but it has not occurred recently.

Post in a way that is fun for you, keeping in mind not to ruin the fun of others. You might find it fun to kill Bhaern, however I would not. Oh that reminds me post any attack as what you are trying to do when in combat, the PC or player controling the NPC determines the success or failure. Should an attack be posted against your character or any NPCs be fair in when damage was inflicted. Certainly do not say all attaks fail against your character.