Help! I am desperate.

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aleriah
Maid
Maid

Help! I am desperate.

Post by Aleriah »

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forums, and relatively new to drow. I am still building and developing my character, aiming at fully embracing her.

Now my character grew up thinking her house had been wiped out, but recently found out this was not the case.
In that context, I am changing her name from the name she was given by the person she was raised by to her birth name.

Now there's my problem. I can not come up with a name, I like.
Any suggestions?

I'd much appreciate the help.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Help! I am desperate.

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome.

House Names can always be a problem. It more matters though if you want a name of some note. There are many Houses that have not been named in Novels, only the Greater Houses tend to be mentioned at all. A lessor House might be mentioned only if a great House attacked it or a hero and/or Priestess of note arose from such a lessor House.

As such, one way to Look for a House name is research a list of Drow names. Then select one that seems good to you. The other option of course is invent a Drow name that tends to have the basic format of other Drow of Elven names that sounds right to you.
Aleriah
Maid
Maid

Post by Aleriah »

Oh, sorry I must not have made myself clear :) I have a house name, just need my characters first name :) Thank you regardless, I've been googling my behind off for days now.
Aleriah
Maid
Maid

Post by Aleriah »

Oooh that last one I had not tried! :) Thank you so much :)

Also, if I want to get into the RP here, how do I go about it?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well to play either join one of the existing threads or start a new one.

Most of them are free flow, no DM as such.

As you might notice that there has not been much play as players sometimes drop out or just disappear.

Right now part of the problem is, while you do have members that do play, the play is so slow that they do not look in much. The last play appears to have stalled because player that started it has not posted yet in response to other players that joined that play.