Clicky...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Clicky...

Post by Rooky »

Bassically I'm looking for an RP, that I'm hoping to move into the Campaigns section. I ask only for a regular posting basis;

It's a relatively low level campaing, in fact a first level character is very much wanted. Any playable race, but with adequate level adjustments.

I'm going for a standard D&D RPG;

DM, four to five players, coffee, smokes, beer, and music in the background for added melodrama (if anyone puts in a bard).

Th story's standard first timer - deep dark dungeon with awesome treasures (yes a +1 for purposes of hitting a giant rat longsword is a awesome treasure for a level 1 character) full of dangerous heathen bastards threatening the town next door...
Well not really...

Bssically the reason I'm doing this, is I'm a first time DM, and it sux; We're going from level one, so anyone experianced as a DM will get a cookie if they join.

That'd be all...
:3
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

First time trying to DM can be hard at anytime, with a small community posting it gets harder to substain one here on the forums.

However pratice can lead to kearning to be able to better moderate a game.

First rule it is not DM vs, the PCs. Yes PCs may die, however the DM should not plan or force them to die. As far as it goes the DM should as often as posible offer the PCs at least two options.

The DM to start a campaign needs to set the scene. A dark tunnel is not enough. It should be something a little more, perhaps something like.

A common trade route no traders have come though in a few weeks and some are wondering why none have come by the route, perhaps a tunnel closed, perhaps something more? A call is made for adventurers to look into the matter.

OR

A Drider attacked the community and some of the survivors call for vengence. The boldest of them step forward to seek out the treat to the community. (Oh could be undead or other danger).

Then you to know the scene, you need to describe what they will see when what PCs step forward to the call. You also need to know the NPCs they will face (and skills and abilities of the NPCs).

You do need to have a general plan of what you hope the PCs will do and achieve, but you need to expect the PCs might get distracted by a side trip.

Also you indicate Level 1 campaign, then add words of Level Adjustment. Once you add level adjustment you are talking at least Level 2 and likely 3 adjusted level. So your campaign will give the foolish human (should one join) a chance to survive because human has no level adjustment. Also a human is very unlikely to survive dark tunnrls without torches (which would bring every light sensing monster to attack as food *wink*).

Could try to point out a few more things, but these are starters that if you are not ready for, I advise you to wait a while. IAE you need to have a basic map and basic plan before you try to recuit.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

As usual a good point.
Thanks, B. I'm asking for character posting, to make something best suited.
I've a basic idea, for location, shape and traps, but encouters are still on hold.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Well, it's a simple story;

Something's nested itself in ancient ruins in the Gulthmere Forest, on the Dragon Coast.
The ruins have been abandoned for eons it seems, as the druids there don't show any particular interest in it.

The village of Torbamn, however does. One of two villagers returned soaked in blood, and screaming sometime during noon a few months ago. The elder wont let go of what happened, and the man seems to be taking his survival too grandly.

Torbamn is just south of Cedarspoke, near the edge of Gulthmere Forest, domain of Nobanion. The druids are not passive, and neither is Nobanion. Whatever is in the ruins, isn't dangerous to stir up Lord Firemane.

I need four characters, any class, race and alignment. I'll provide a map soon enough (just need to find a place to steal it from). System is 3.5
Level limitations are present; I need only level one, two at most.
Please post them here, so that I can see and make adequate melodramatic scenes.

[url=http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm:1be6xjxy]Character Generator[/url:1be6xjxy] - I really love this man...
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I'd be up for it...i just gotta rewrite Malek for level one...other than that I'm sure you know enough about my character to develop something...
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Sure. Jus' keep meh posted.