Weapons for a Drow Knight

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Vornfryn
Maid
Maid

Weapons for a Drow Knight

Post by Vornfryn »

So my character is Vornfryn, and he is a Knight from the Players Handbook 2 and I'm trying to decide on weaponry for him, he already has mithril chainmail and high dexterity, and he has an Elven thin blade as a back up weapon but I was wondering if i should go with an elven light blade or court blade? any opinions would be great
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The court blade appears to be a two handed weapon (based on search) and might not mesh well with a high Dex character, two handed weapons tend to work best with high Str. charaters.

With that said, elves often are not shield users so a two handed weapon is not a problem. A knight also clearly can own three weapons if they can afford them/find them.

A lot depends on primary role your character plays, of mostly a defender of a location I would say thke the more powerful weapon as primeary. If your knoght yravels most of the time take the lighter one because the speeds travel and would allow two weapon fighting should the danger be that great.

Of course it also matters what feats the character has.