new game,perhaps...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

A male nymaru is certainly possible.They gain the gift of flight at around 150, their equevalent of 16, rather humorous because as children their wings are so large that they are quite clumsy, and trip over them all the time.
They have spell resistances according to level as well, ex.7th level character can ignore all damage from 1st level spells. Raising up every other level.
A male nymaru is usually overbearing and a little arrogant. They are tall as I said above, usually around 7 feet. They reach full sexual maturity around 190 but like most teens will be experimenting around 145.Dont know how you play your characters but that can help at least with personality.
Like the illythyri , females are rare, usually only 1 or 2 are born per generation.Male nymaru however can ( and usually will) mate with whatever they wish, but their offspring are so large it usually kills the mother unless she is big enough.
Their gestation period is 5 months, and the babies are about 15-20 pounds and wrapped up in their own extremely large wings.
Nymaru are not class restricted and can play as just about any class they wish, but there size proves some problems on dexterity based classes.There alignment however is always good or neutral.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:ftk61ri1]Well, I like to play Rangers, and it was a chaleenge with my celstial at first, but I found ways to make his strentgh make up for his lack of speed, till I gained enough levels, and ability points, to correct that, then things went rather smooth.[/color:ftk61ri1]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

well with the keen senses of a lycanthrope and the ability to fly i would say that you could make an awesome ranger...
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

[color=teal:3130538y]Well thank you m'lady, I can only but try though, as this is a new character type for me.[/color:3130538y]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Well I thought we would all appreciate something different... :D now i just have to decide where I want to start this out...
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

[color=teal:1a3p6cyi]Then decide on what the max level is, as well as the effective level of each race +2, +3, you know how that goes, their base ability scores, all that good stuff, then we all get to sit back and make a profile for them in here, or biogragry I guess it would be called, then we get to have the real fun, right? Sorry, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, not at all, just giving some suggestions that will make it easier for us to understand our new characters.[/color:1a3p6cyi]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Here we go...lets start out at a minimum 5th level, maximum 8th....base attacks per rulebook, but as a race we have a +2 strength ,+2 charisma,-1 dex for nymaru,
illithyri goes with +1 strength , -1 charisma, no dex add ons... 8th level ( for both) spell resistance 5 + 1 per level, able to ignore 1st level spells,
5th level illithyri have a poison resistance of +5 + 1 every other level, damage 30 points of damage + 5 every other level, one time a day...
btw, for age related stats, go by dragons, they age similiar to one , and have the life expectancy of one.other than that pretty much go by the rulebooks.If you want to roll stats go by the normal 4d6 rolls...
If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me...
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

[color=teal:1s8hr49d]Good deal, m'lady. As soon as I can get me hands on some dice, I'll do just that, and thank you.[/color:1s8hr49d]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: A new game

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Qhell~Velladorn":tl5yh8of][color=teal:tl5yh8of]Good deal, m'lady. As soon as I can get me hands on some dice, I'll do just that, and thank you.[/color:tl5yh8of][/quote:tl5yh8of]
Dice roller, there are many on the web though some complain a computer can not truely randomise dice rolls. Also you could use brute force most common stats for dice rolled 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 to prevent claims of rerolling dice. It is after all posible to get 2 or more 18s just the odds are low of that occuring.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

[color=teal:2x9vzob7]Yes Bhaern I do know that, but I prefer to generate all my chacters, and after so saying this, I think I'll go do that.[/color:2x9vzob7]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2gm43nnz]Hey, Nedylene, you forgot to indent the paragraphs. :p

I would also love to be a (male) character of that race, if I could. If not, I'd like to be a celestial.[/color:2gm43nnz]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

[color=teal:2g0yopur]Well Nedelyne, looks as if your turnout thing is getteng better resulst than you thought, and that's always a ggod thing.[/color:2g0yopur]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

i did indent thank you very much, it just keeps posting without the indents for some reason... >:( lol....for real, why wont this forum let me indent...
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

and i would love someone to play a male illithyru..they are awesome...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Nedylene":2vfbtl1v]i did indent thank you very much, it just keeps posting without the indents for some reason... >:( lol....for real, why wont this forum let me indent...[/quote:2vfbtl1v]

:D [color=darkred:2vfbtl1v]It's because, when you press the "tab" key on your keyboard on the internet, it works differently than in, say, Microsoft Word. Instead of indenting, it selects the next button on the screen below where you're working, or it goes to the next bar in which you can type text. If that makes any sense. try it and look to see what is selected.[/color:2vfbtl1v]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination