new game,perhaps...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

new game,perhaps...

Post by Nedylene »

Ok..Im gonna run an idea by all of you , if it sucks,shoot me down,too powerful shoot me down..im open to all constructive critisism expecially on the grounds that I am really new at this, but i think everyone would enjoy this campaign.Ive got class stats for two races , illithiri and nimaru.the illithiri you may have heard of but I have beefed them up and altered them a bit, and the nimaru are my babies...think of a moon elf with horns wings and pointy teeth. i wanna run something giving people the option to play as one of these. this will be a high level campaign on the grounds that these are some bad ass races! they have poison and magic resistances and the ability to do some pretty kool things ..fly for example. they are usually neutral characters but we can go as anything..good bad and ugly in here...if anyone thinks this is something they wanna go with, let me know and ill pop up the info on them.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:31hbpd4y]Sounds cool, man. Especially as I like being high level. How high is it? I personally like epic. (Being able to beat the hell out of dragons is always cool. ;) )[/color:31hbpd4y]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

lol..well let me get some more people on here who are interested and we can agree together on how high to go.I am a democratic dm...hahahahaha.....But an epic level game might be kind of kool....hmmm....the male lashes his long barbed tail, cracking the ancient red dragon right in the eyeball and the dragon falls over twitching...and dies...lol...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:2752z358]Mwahahahahahaha.... :devil: [/color:2752z358]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Oh dear, if you're runing Epic it can only be a matter of time before Rooky joins. Oh count me in btw. :D
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Rooky has had enough of roleplaying for a time. As soon as I finish the arena, I'm on a vacation. I'm going to the low-level players club :D
:3
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

*Gasp*
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

whines...oiwwww...rooky..but i need some girls in here... :'(
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

ok..im gonna set down some info and history on the nymaru and the elithyri,my version anyways....
The original elithyri were the results of drow women getting jiggy with male demons.
The offspring were monstrous and tore their mothers apart in the birthing, not nice of them to say the least.
In the meantime their were the nymaru, they lived aboveground a visitor from another realm and lived and worked in great secret with the netharese.Their bloodline however was similiar to the elithyri and for many years the two enjoyed a pact of sorts and times were good above as well as below ground.
Then something set the two off, there are many stories as to actually what. Ranging from a frame job, to a elicit love affair, but regardless of the trigger there was a great war between the two.
At the end of the long and bloody war, for never before were two races a better match for each other, only a vague few of the elithyri were left standing.
At this point, angered at the loss of his favored people the nymaru, for creatures of light they were, the god Korelian Lorethian send down his avator to slay the remaining elithyri, or so he thought, for 2 excaped to the underground, a mated pair and continued their race hidden from the light , living in the deepest depths of the underdark.
The nymaru however were no more, a fact that saddened the gods greatly.
Hundreds of years past and a hero rose into power. An elven woman by the name of Mystremvar Willowsong, a mercenary general who fought back the Legions of Darkness that had swept over Faerun.Upon her retirement the Gods gifted her and her ancestors with great power and the favor of all the Gods of light.
But this came with a price and a prophecy.The price was that every generation must yield a chosen one, a female, usually, who was gifted with the favor of the Gods and must do their bidding upon Faerun.She will be called The Willowsong and must serve Faerun and the Gods of Light with her own lifes blood , if necessary.
Then there was the prophecy, that Mystremvars blood line would eventually take the throne and that they would also bring the Light back into Faerun.
No one knew what they meant by this, but it was noticed down the line that The Willowsong women and men took for themselves strange partners, pairing up with mates that most would not join with, bringing forth a strange bloodline into the family.
As time past by, the bloodline of the Willowsongs was mixed with almost every race of Faerun. It was elven, human, dragon,vampire, demon, celestial, lycanthrope and even unicorn.
Eventually a Willowsong was born Kalistra Willowsong was her name, she rose in power and the bloodline was strong in her. A strange magick was enforced upon her, she ingested the blood of all those she shared a bloodline with and when the spell was finished she rose up greatly altered.
She became a creature around 7 feet tall, with skin as white as snow. Long horns curved back from her brow and her top and bottom incisors were wickedly sharp. Most incredible of all were the white dragon like wings that spread out from her shoulder blades and stretched 18 feet .Upon the tips of her fingers were wicked claws, and many spells that hit her were simply absorbed. Her senses of sight , and smell were that of her lycanthrope ancestors, and the twin horns upon her brow contained similiar healing properties as her unicorn kin.
But this came at a cost, for the blood of the vampire coursed through her veins as well, and she must drink blood on rare occasion or risk the blood lust.
It was only after much research did the Willowsongs realize what they had done. The nymaru had returned....
Last edited by Nedylene on Wed May 17, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Nedylene, if I might make a suggestion... perhaps you might want to consider the use of paragraphs?

Makes it a bit easier to read.

;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

I second that motion.
Titles:

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:3u0m3q8i]Oh, so a Nymaru is a celestial. She's welcome in my bar, BTW. Just don't tear the place down. ;) [/color:3u0m3q8i]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

lol...i dont need no stinkin paragraghs......sorry was in a hurry....
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

ok..now i will tell you about my version of the illithyri...and I will amaze you all with my use of paragraghs.
After the illthyri went below ground they discovered after a short period of time that inbreeding is a vastly unpleasant thing so they went on a search to find what they could bred with. Most races cannot breed with an illythyri and the poison inside a males ..umm ..you know...is fatal to most races.A male illithyri can only mate with a female one.
But they discovered that the females can breed with dragons ( in human form of course ouchies) , demons ( try to avoid that on the grounds that the spawn has a tendency to kill their mother on birth) and celestials, which arent easy to come by underground. So they generally mated with dragons hoping for a female child.
This gradually resulted in making them taller, around 6 feet usually. The males have elbow spikes, long serpentine tongues that drip poison, and long barbed tails that also secrete their poison.The stats on their poison and poison resistances raises as they age , so I can give you their stats later.The males have some magic abilities and resistances, but not much usually and are for the most part fighters.
The females lack the elbow spikes and long tongues. The poison they secrete are of a sedative effects , but on a small opponent can kill, but usually it only knocks people out. Stats on this poison ( and poison resistances ) once again raise with age.Their spell capabilities and resistances however are higher than the males. The females are usually sorceresses or healers. Females are very rare, usually only males are born and thus females are guarded very carefully. So in game terms, if an unnattached female walks into a room of males you can expect a commotion, expecially if she is breeding age.
The illithyri usually live in the deep underdarks but with the rise of their brethren the nymaru , they have been coming back to the surface.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A new game

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:12s863cz]I'm in for sure, and if there is a male Nymaru, I'd love to play such a creature, as I've played a celestial on paper before, and boy was it fun. The DM made me p[lay him like a normal character till I hit 25 years of age and 25th level, the he gained all his natural abilities as well, besides the flight, +10 natural armor, and his spells, whish she granted me sa I passed the level in which he could aquire them.[/color:12s863cz]