eilistreayn afterlife

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

eilistreayn afterlife

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

ok heare comes a big qustion for any religon. what happens to your soul when you die in eilistreay service?

i think its omething like norse mythology keep your own pesonalty while living with your goddess danceing,singing and preping for battle withe the froes of evile. (my opoiun any way any bodey got any other ideas)

p.s. i just read the dance it was one of the best short storyes iv read it brought me to tears :'(
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

There is no direct answer, howver in general one appears to live with Eilistraee in her plane.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

And serve her much as they did in life, as I understand. Like how there are always singing voices in Eilistraee's realm, leading me to believe they are the departed souls who served Eilistraee in life as bards, or members of her clergy even.

They might even help out her followers who are still living on her behalf, as in a number of books fallen priestesses have visited other followers in dreams and such. Though she is a god she has a lot on her plate, so I wouldn't put it past her ascended faithful to help out with things.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Me thinks that those singing voices are just her priestesses and priests. Like when they dance their last dance, and the Maiden herself comes to take them to her plain... Don't know about any other followers apart from clergy. Suppose they exist in her plain and (providing their devotion in life) they do whatever she choses for them to do.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thanks to all who replied. now i have a new qustion. dos any body have info on eilistarees relm in avdor, a map mabey,or know any books that describe it (novles,sourse materil,comics,etc,etc)
if you could tell me that would be splendid

p.s. as of feb/15/08 (tmorrow) it will be my birth day sned money.......j/k ;)