role playing a lay worshiper

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

role playing a lay worshiper

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

being new to the site as well as the faith puts mee at a dis advantage. when i go to a frends house to play D&D im not sure how to role play a faithful eilistraeien lay worshiper with out sounding to corny or overzelous. ideas anyone?
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:rghrhrbk]Well, I dont know about an Eilistraeen worshipper, however, if you consider coming to the dark side...with us. You can go here![/color:rghrhrbk]

[url=http://drowcampaign.roleplaynexus.com/d ... l:rghrhrbk]Go ahead. Click me...[/url:rghrhrbk]
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thanks should i decide to go that route i will defintly use the info
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

[color=olive:2xedmlie]Your welcome! We will always be here with open arms...*smiles invitingly. Then whispers.*...and a knife behind our back. :) [/color:2xedmlie]
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

dont worry i can take car of my self (i sleep with 12 wepons on me at all times)

MERCROW fam les 1:always remain viglent!
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

[color=olive:1colah03]*Giggles.*Yea, but 'Lolthian Worshippers' are friends with silence and darkness...it might be a little challenging... :p[/color:1colah03]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I've always played Malek, Tarynmoth and Vel' Ushmaren, (there are 2 Maleks) like an extension of myself. My characters are not zealous and rarely (if ever) prosyletize (sp?). They keep their faith to themselves unless asked about it. Malek Vel' Ushmaren does not yet have his faith, so I play him as such. Though he is good hearted. Malek Tarynmoth is strong in his faith, but concsious of the rights of others to choose their faith. Basically, you have to decide what you want your character to be.

As far as D&D goes, I can't help you there. I do play, but I don't know about the kinds of bonuses you get as a follower. On this site, that kind of stuff is just about useless anyways.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thankes for the info but i wasent looking for bounus i was looking for role playing applications for my chactor
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: role playing a lay worshiper

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Thalon Mercrow":dk94nskz]being new to the site as well as the faith puts mee at a dis advantage. when i go to a frends house to play D&D im not sure how to role play a faithful eilistraeien lay worshiper with out sounding to corny or overzelous. ideas anyone?[/quote:dk94nskz]

Well it always is somewhat up to interpertation, however I offer.

1) Give coin to minstrels (if you can so share it).
2) Offer food and/or shelter to those in need.
3) Try to stop Drow from killing each other (unless one side is Evil, or you so believe them to be).
4) Offer the message of Peace to all races that you can meet in peace.
5) Defend those not Evil without asking reward (there is nothing wrong with accepting a gift, just do not expect one).

It can be hard to be a tree hugger (not that followers are that anymore then Lothians actually kiss spiders) in that acts of kindness however small are often suspected as tricks. However a follower of the Dark Maiden , even lay follower, will do acts of kindness even small. Often they might also adopt the Evensong as a wy to releive stress of the day.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thankes for replyig with the tips i'll use them in me next sesion i was suprised when i looked to see if i had any new posts. i thought nobody was going to post hear any more thanks for proving me wrong :)