Orc King and spoiliers concerning Eilistraee

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Orc King and spoiliers concerning Eilistraee

Post by Bhaern Quel »

http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/Drakul/3654153 is the source, 100 years in future. Spoiliers provided by somebody named Lupus

IAE there is one thing Drizzt recounts are at least is in this book.

[quote:3lnbu6ow]the elven followers of elistraee (sp?) are gone[/quote:3lnbu6ow]

This does not sound very good at all.

There are also other indications of what 4th Edition will bring to FR.

Not sure how good the source is.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

From: A slightly better source, the Prelude (it needed to be unzipped)

We have

[quote:2oizpf3f]“I have ventured outside of the Silver Marches,” Drizzt said, “have you? I
have witnessed the death of once-proud Luskan, and with it, the death of a
dear, dear friend, whose dreams lay shattered and broken beside the bodies of
five thousand victims. I have watched the greatest cathedral in the world burn
and collapse. I witnessed the hope of the goodly drow, the rise of the followers
of Eilistraee. But where are they now?”
“You speak in ridd—” the elf started, but Drizzt slammed him again.
“Gone!” Drizzt shouted. “Gone, and gone with them the hopes of a tamed
and gentle world. I have watched once safe trails revert to wilderness, and have
walked a dozen-dozen communities that you will never know. They are gone
now, lost to the Spellplague or worse! Where are the benevolent gods? Where
is the refuge from the tumult of a world gone mad? Where are the candles to
chase away the darkness?”[/quote:2oizpf3f]

The Dark Maiden might survive but not look well from this passage.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I do not like the sound of this.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Let's hope it's just indication of the Eilistraeens having to go into hiding (even more so than now) as opposed to them being gone completley. Or that Drizzt is speaking specifically of the Silver Marches [i:ggfo3g7p]only[/i:ggfo3g7p]
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

We will have to see, the book will be released soon and might have more information, however this tends to go to "Points of Lights" gaming. Very few safe places and a world wiped out.

Perhaps Ed decided to write about the past to aviod imposing changes on the Realm like RAS is doing.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Sounds dangerous. It's like Warhammer world. Anything and anyone can get you and no one will ever know. But where is Eilistraee??

<a sad cry>
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I don't like the sound of that at all. :(

I do know that if there's no Eilistraee in 4th edition then there's zero reason for me to go to 4th edition (or even remain with D&D any longer). The site will always remain up, of course. But it'd be byebye to D&D for me.

On a side note, as I understand it the "points of light" thing is for the 'setting' of the main rulebooks... as in there isn't really a setting at all but instead just a lot of darkness to be filled in by the DMs themselves (as I understand it). I think it's unrelated to the Forgotten Realms.

Someone should kill off Drizzt though... I get the feeling that they might be getting rid of Eilistraee to try and make Drizzt 'special' again. But instead they should just kill him and get it over with.

Of course Drizzt is more of a cash cow than Eilistraee is. :/

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Rich Baker indicated that "Points of Lights" would be applied to the settings as well, just not as much as the Core gerneric setting would be.
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":3f47qk5t]Someone should kill off Drizzt though... I get the feeling that they might be getting rid of Eilistraee to try and make Drizzt 'special' again. But instead they should just kill him and get it over with.[/quote:3f47qk5t]

Thats what I was thinking.
I'm seriously hoping that Eilistraee does survive, even if she is "changed" a bit.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

same here. I don't mind the spellplague thing, or the shift more toward the "points of light" style. Hell, worlds change, things happen. I just am worried about the fate of Eilistraee...
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":2fodz0mw]Of course Drizzt is more of a cash cow than Eilistraee is. :/[/quote:2fodz0mw]

Which is strange because Eilistraee was on the side of good long before Drizzt was ever born. I mean I do like his character, but after you get past his roots he's just a ranger with dark skin.

I dunno, maybe it's because he's a male who grew up in the matriarchal society of the drow or something. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

I always remembered whenever I would RP people would give me crap about playing a good drow character, saying that I might as well just play a plain old elf. So I guess that's why people don't like Eilistraee and her followers, because they see them as wrong because they're not stereotypical drow. So why then is Drizzt so damn popular? I have no idea.

Anyway...end of rant.

Also, what is Points of Light anyway?

I leave with prayers, not to the Goddess, but for the safety of the Goddess. I have little hope left, but my toes are still crossed.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Points of Light, to me, brings up visuals of places like the world of the Dark Sun D&D games, Ebberon, or games like Fallout and Fallout 2. In essence, a very dark, bleak and frightening place to live, with "points of light" scattered about to illuminate the darkness. The points of light being the heroes fighting back evil.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Ohhh.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I see it like Shir'le. The majority likes Drizzt with no obvious reason. He should die. I mean enough is enough. I know the SW novels go on and on, but those main characters get old and others take their places... It's all in motion. However Drizzt is still there. And I don't know if his friends are there or not, but they should die to. But nooo. Too many people want to read the same old story only with different names on the bad guys side. It's still the same to me, no matter whether I read the first book after the trilogy, or the ninth. Drizzt was fun during the Icewind Dale trilogy, or the Dark Elf trilogy. But no more! Hell, even Jacen Solo was getting a bit boring so they made him this close to the dark side starting a new series. O and thanks for killing Chewbacka Mr Salvatore! Thanks a lot.

Anyway, I hope Eilistraee survives. And that she won't become anything close to Vhaeraun.
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

A post-apocalyptic faerun...doesnt sound all that interesting to me. So far I havent been too impressed by the mechanics for 4th edition that I have read and if they are going to destroy the realms, I dont think I will even get it either. If the mechanics arent as bad as I think, I might get it just for that reason but will stay in the 3rd edition realms. Changing it just to change it and give writers new things to write about seems lame and just an excuse to cash in on the realms again without giving a thought to how the players using those realms will feel about it. Well guess only time will tell what exactly they have done, but I have never been a huge fan of new writers to a setting making sweeping changes.
If at first you dont succeed....Bless them with the blade of your sword!!