Information on Qilue

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

No it does not look good at all, but we will get a new and improved list of deities.

Oh at leasr it might explain what appears to be Qilue's apparent insane order.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

It's not new and improved if Eilistraee isn't on it (as a good deity).

But maybe that just means that Eilistraee, too, will become a greater deity by the end of the Lady Penitent series.

[i:qo7spjqj]<still hasn't read Storm of the Dead>[/i:qo7spjqj]

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I'd rather have her NOT a greater deity, if only she could remain who she was. But I suppose the change cannot be avoided.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:2q2kgmeh]If she defeats Lolth, then it is likely (or at least possible) that most drow will start to worship her. That should make her a greater diety. At least among demi-human dieties.[/color:2q2kgmeh]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Divine rank is not just based on number of worshipers, there are other unknown factors that effect rank/power.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Either way, I feel it's important that both deities exist to oppose each other. I feel there needs to be a sort-of dichotomy between the two religions, between good and evil.

And I tihnk that Eilistraee remains as the underdog. That's one of the things that makes her so interesting (to me at least). And that's one of the reasons why I think it's a bad idea, in general, to only let greater deities remain. There [i:2275db0v]need[/i:2275db0v] to be weaker, lesser deities or else the setting becomes nothing other than your run-of-the-mill fantasy setting with its own handful of deities.

No, I'm not sure of these changes at all.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee