Information on Qilue

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

none that I can think of :D
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Arathen":3548e2yw]well, actually, seeing as they made the entire Baldur's Gate series into books, I'm fairly certain it's canon.[/quote:3548e2yw]

I don't think so because there is no mention of the destruction of Saradush(as I am fairly certain the town is still in existance and thriving in the FRCS and later books), or the bhaalspawn wars, etc. Also the companions of the bhaalspawn are not mentioned anywhere, because if they were some, if not all would be more powerful then Elminster.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Saradush still exists, clearly on the FR Poster Map which can be downloaded here: [url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dn ... a:2q0o4z10]Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Map Gallery[/url:2q0o4z10]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Basic rule whatever has FR logo is canon.

The most recent trumps/changes prior text. In the event that recent printed source book conflicts with FR novel (or other prpget carring the FR logo) the source book should be considered best source of information.
There is no clear guideline about what recently published consistist of. Perhaps a few months, but I get the sense no longer then a year to determine if a slightly older source book trumps a more recent novel (or other FR product).
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":5zq6c83d]Oh minor tidbit, Ed did not create Qilué he had only wrote something to the effect the Seventh sister was called ""The Dark Disaster", Steven E. Schend used that pharse to generate Qilué to, it is reported, Ed's surprise. I will have to search for a quote, but it appears Ed never intended to name the Seventh, allowing DMs to make their own if so desired.

What Ed says is canon unless TSR then and WotC now, put something in print that changes what Ed said.

Edit: Fixed some typos and turned that upsidedown "p" over.[/quote:5zq6c83d]

Heh. Qilue is the 'Bad' Sister. Hehehehehe :D
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Vendrin":24h3eunw]Also the companions of the bhaalspawn are not mentioned anywhere, because if they were some, if not all would be more powerful then Elminster.[/quote:24h3eunw]
I don't know, but I can imagine that this could be because (perhaps) the characters are owned by Interplay?

Just a thought.

Either way, I really wish they'd stop with making every single bloody thing part of 'cannon'. Instead I'd much rather have several levels of 'canon'; one which only contains the official rulebooks and then only the latest publications (so only 3E). A less strict one which includes old sourcebooks and novels. And an even weaker one which contains additional things published by the various authors (like Ed) in forums and on their websites and such.

Because the way it is it's nearly impossible to keep track of what's true and what isn't [i:24h3eunw]and[/i:24h3eunw] a lot of stuff actually contradicts itself. I know that they justify this by saying that in games players just choose themselves what they want to be true, but that doesn't help much in a global, online space.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Wow. Now I see there's something big going on...
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

LOL reviving the dead topics

Post by Shyressa »

was browsing the forums, reading the older posts and I saw the posts on the Chosen. Now if some of you may recall, Mystra didnt have to seek out bodies for her Chosen. The 7 daughters are technically and actually her real daughters, born to Dornal Silverhand and Elue', who harbored Mystra in her body at the time, so they are as much Mystra's brood as their parents. Nor are all of Mystra's Chosen female, case in point Elminster and Khelben. Also, the Chosen can die, since Sylune' herself was killed by a dragon, although she survives as a spirit. But as Chosen they each hold a fragment of the power of the Weave at Mystra's request, thus there is no conflict since being a Chosen does not mean that they have to be worshippers of Mystra, especially since they are related to the Goddess of Magic, or at least were, since int eh Time of Troubles the old Goddess of Magic was destroyed and Midnight replaced her as Mystra.

Heh make of that as you will =)
Xandurpein
Maid
Maid

Post by Xandurpein »

I am not entirely up to date with all the speculations about 4th Edition and events leading up to it. But if they are going to change the way magic works and explain it by a cataclysmic world event, that involves the spellplague, will that involve destruction of the weave? And if it does, what possible consequences could that have for Mystra, and by extension her chosen and Qilué?
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Xandurpein":xpfrgjov]I am not entirely up to date with all the speculations about 4th Edition and events leading up to it. But if they are going to change the way magic works and explain it by a cataclysmic world event, that involves the spellplague, will that involve destruction of the weave? And if it does, what possible consequences could that have for Mystra, and by extension her chosen and Qilué?[/quote:xpfrgjov]
At this point... your guess is as good as mine.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:1vfaewaq]Damned WotC. Everyone is (relatively) happy with the way thing are, why do they have to change the whole blasted game? *ticked off expression*[/color:1vfaewaq]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

The world goes on, none can predict the future, anything is possible, bla bla bla... For something as popular as D&D, there has to be a change every once in a while for new books to be releced. And the bottom line is... again... CASH!
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:2tp47wmf]To modify a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "I spit in WotC's general direction"[/color:2tp47wmf]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

How very true Uneana...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:lt86w7qu]I recently got a copy of 'A Grand History of the Realms', and (yes, I read the whole thing nearly through, despite the fact it's more of a reference tool) at the end it says something about the Spellplague:

"Only Greater Dieties prove strong enough to maintain their realms against the resultant chaos....."

Doesn't look to good for Eilistraee, but she is (as far as I know) the only remaining diety that maintains two separate planes as her home, so ???? Maybe it'll be enough. Doesn't look good for wizards, either:

"Thousands of mages are driven insane or destroyed..."[/color:lt86w7qu]
Life before death
Strength before weakness