Rituals

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aelistae
Maid
Maid

Post by Aelistae »

It may also be due to the Moon aspect of Eilistraee's portfolio. The moon has often been portrayed (in much European poetry for instance) as a feminine symbol.

Therefore to worship or venerate the moon or moonlight requires one to be a woman (or at least be in touch with your feminine side).

The FR deity Selune has traditionally only had female clerics for that reason.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

In part it appears the moon cycle is closely related to childbearing period of human females. Once a month and at least half of you know what I am refering to.

Moon thus has become to some extent in many cultures one of fertility and child birth. It of course is not all that simple, however culture tends to follow most popular myths.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

New thought. In Faiths and Pantheons there's the Sword Dancer prestige class, restricted to female drow. Should a male cleric be under at the moment a female (change dance), can he take the class and maintain it when the change dance transforms him back to male?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Argoth":2m1mgmw1]New thought. In Faiths and Pantheons there's the Sword Dancer prestige class, restricted to female drow. Should a male cleric be under at the moment a female (change dance), can he take the class and maintain it when the change dance transforms him back to male?[/quote:2m1mgmw1]

I see no reason that sword dance abilities would not be retained by a male, if trained for the class when in female form. I would tend to look at it the same as retaining knowledge when shapeshifted.
Of course changedance is Ed's addition to lore, no formal rules exist from WotC. The only quidence we do have from WotC is that Silverhair Knight is not gender restricted, though until Ed spoke it was hard to see males taking that class (I can not see many rangers taking the Silverhair Knight PrC).
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Thanks Bhaern. :)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Argoth":1y6gt9fo]Thanks Bhaern. :)[/quote:1y6gt9fo]

This of course is my opinion, each DM gets to decide.

The question could also be posed to Ed, though in something like this he tends to be silent concerning rules put out by EotC - he though sometimes will tell what he would rule in his own campaign.
Despite Eilistraee dead, there still appears some questions he can not answer because of one or more NDAs.