Sacrifice of the Widow Speculation- SPOILERS

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

Huh, i wonder, how much would have changed if the DnD was less black-and-white and there would be no alignments. I mean, most look at alignment description and if it is "good", they assume the character can never do anything wrong without "falling", and all. Actions are what matters. What if, if Eilistraee became "neutral", she would become in some way better? For example, more gender equality, a lot more active work against the spider-kissers, less of "destroy anyone we believe evil!" and more of "Destroy anyone who actively harms us or one or those we care about.". Would the "neutral" tag/label still be so baaaad?

All that being said, i seriously doubt Eilistraee will become neutral. The pantheon needs a goodie-two-shoes, after all :-). And both Eilistraee and Vhaeraun have their fanbase. Besides, the Masked Lord will get back what belongs to him soon enough. Maybe, some time spent with the Shadow`s portfolio would make Eilistraee a little bit closer to neutrality, but definately not enough to change her alignment. V would love for his sister to stop believing only those dark elves who follow her or accept the rules of the game have the right to live on the surface. That would mean much less trouble for his followers, and maybe an occasional alliance against their dear mother :devil: . But attempting to pull it off would be much more trouble than it`s worth. So do not worry, there is hardly a good reason why Eilistraee would change her alignment in the end.

Cheers :-)
Last edited by Aergale on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont try to catch the wind.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

One thing's sure. The WotC are making a damn good marketing job. We're all shaking our asses off and will read (sooner or later) the books...
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

For me its not marketing so much as curiosity/fear/need-to-know-the-news. I was sold on the drow back in 1978 or so - now I read the books not because I love the stories or the authors or anything of that sort - I just need to find out what they are doing to my beloved drow.

But - having said that - I agree in general. WotC, like all good companies, pays attention to what pays; and drow pay.
AKA Sheyreiza Valakasha, Yathtallar d'Lolth, Princess of the Demonweb Pits, aka Ghenni'salla Tlabbar, aka L'olath'anon, the Dark Flower, aka the Valsharess of ALFA, aka ... well ... you get the picture. :devil:
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

You've got that right sister.