A new lore video since our lady's revival...

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Draal Shakhaar
Maid
Maid

A new lore video since our lady's revival...

Post by Draal Shakhaar »

I couldn't find an appropriate existing discussion to drop this, so here it is, from the Mr. Rhixx Youtube channel:
https://youtu.be/a9NxhuwbiRA
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: A new lore video since our lady's revival...

Post by Bhaern Quel »

After some thought decided to move here. As it is a discussion of faith.

I should also note the comments of the narrator appear to be mostly if not entirely 2nd Edition content which can be read here http://trismegist.narod.ru/de_eilistraee_eng.html .

There is some very nice art work in the presentation that could make it another reason to watch and listen.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Yeah, he could have mentioned that Eilistraee has worked to welcome males in her clergy, and now she has priests of any gender. Also, he says that males couldn't be paladins, but they actually already could in 2e.ù

I mean, since he went to the FRWiki (he quotes some of the stuff I wrote for the Eilistraee article verbatim), he could have at least taken the complete info, and not only the parts that suited him.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Draal Shakhaar
Maid
Maid

Post by Draal Shakhaar »

The guy does some of the most comprehensive D&D lore videos I've ever seen. Many of them even go into details not documented in ANY of the actual game books, such as his video on Asmodeus, mentioning that Asmodeus is just a puppet entity, an Avatar controlled by an ancient wounded god-like titanic serpent, who was one half of the powers that created the D&D Universe, known as Ahriman, that dwells at the bottom of Nessus in The Serpent's Coil.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Irennan, don't be too harsh on him. Not everyone has your deep grasp of Eilistraeen lore. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Draal Shakhaar wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:17 am The guy does some of the most comprehensive D&D lore videos I've ever seen. Many of them even go into details not documented in ANY of the actual game books, such as his video on Asmodeus, mentioning that Asmodeus is just a puppet entity, an Avatar controlled by an ancient wounded god-like titanic serpent, who was one half of the powers that created the D&D Universe, known as Ahriman, that dwells at the bottom of Nessus in The Serpent's Coil.
One more reason why I found it puzzling that he didn't mention such an important matter as Eilistraee working to include clerics of all genders.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Shir'le E. Illios wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:14 pm Irennan, don't be too harsh on him. Not everyone has your deep grasp of Eilistraeen lore. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
He did a good video indeed, but it's tiresome to see people going on and on about how Eilistraee's misandrist etc...
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Irennan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:00 pm He did a good video indeed, but it's tiresome to see people going on and on about how Eilistraee's misandrist etc...
True enough. Even originally when there were only female clergy that always seemed much more a misunderstanding n the side of the worshipers anyway, with them all coming from a matriarchal society where only women can be priestesses. I'd imagine Eilistraee just let the gradually find their own way there rather than telling them what to do.

Anyway, digression. It's a nice video. Always good to see her getting a bit of attention. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Shir'le E. Illios wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:33 pm
Irennan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:00 pm He did a good video indeed, but it's tiresome to see people going on and on about how Eilistraee's misandrist etc...
True enough. Even originally when there were only female clergy that always seemed much more a misunderstanding n the side of the worshipers anyway, with them all coming from a matriarchal society where only women can be priestesses. I'd imagine Eilistraee just let the gradually find their own way there rather than telling them what to do.

Anyway, digression. It's a nice video. Always good to see her getting a bit of attention. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
Yes, seeing her getting a lore video by a popular Youtuber was definitely a cool change. Most of them totally neglect her, or give little importance to her.
Zaknafriend
Maid
Maid

Post by Zaknafriend »

It was actually this video that got me looking around for more resources on how to better play my character.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Aaaaand it has been taken down. I was half-expecting it, since the creator use a lot of people's art without even asking for permission. I hope he re-uploads it, with art that he's been given the permission to use.
All of this is kinda ironic, since Eilistraee delights in supporting artists, so she wouldn't be happy to see a video about her that gains the creator money with the work of uncredited artists.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Luckily, the creator has solved the copyright strike issue, and the video is back.